Sign in to follow this  
autochrono

If the zombie apocalypse started which of your watches would you choose

myaz

An iced Rolex. Have a companion wear it. Zombies are attracted to shiny things. :B):

WatchDog21

Nothing! I will start a new collection from the tail of dead zombies I leave behind!

RichardMiami

Nothing! I will start a new collection from the tail of dead zombies I leave behind!

Kinky!!! I like it!

But what kind of watches do zombies wear on their tails?

WatchDog21
Kinky!!! I like it! But what kind of watches do zombies wear on their tails?

Zombie-survival-watches.jpg

graman

Romain Jerome!!!

Nickfive

Which watch would be most practical?

has to be rugged, preferably GPS?

maybe we have some hardcore survival experts here that have just the piece!

Or.... Would you think, 'fuck practicality I'm taking my diamond encrusted Submariner!'

my apologies if this has been done before :)

Nickfive

Damn... my bad.

The idea was to find out some tough watches that i might not already know about, whilst have some fun at the same time :-)

RichardMiami

Zombies have been merged

Nikosaldente

Nicely played Richard!

Rolexwatchman

You need a watch for the end of world?

WatchaholicMallorca

I don't have one but I would make my first plane of action to source a 44mm Hublot Big Bang King Diver, then I could beat the zombies to a pulp with its massive ugly crown and pushers.

WatchaholicMallorca

Or possibly the new Richard Mille Yohan Blake, I would keep the price tag on it, that together with how fucking ugly it is should keep the undead at bay.

Baldrick

I would wear an Invicta..............

this way I would fit right in with the Zombies!

Amazon-Zombies-1200x801.jpg

And here was me thinking you were already tight with that crew :blink:

rusky27

Never mind which one of my reps id wear I'd fling a bin through the AD and go gen! Don't want the movement crapping out on me.

Hudd

I'd be temped to grab a PAM; but, I think for the long haul, I should probably go with my Soviet era PAKETA 24hr submarine watch.

It is built like a tank and has kept perfect time since it was built in the mid 1970s.

jacquesmtm

Deffo my Jap Seiko Monster... Could easily crack a zombie's skull without getting a scratch. Movement would run for ever without a service... Plus no point in keeping anything dressy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deffo my Jap Seiko Monster... Could easily crack a zombie's skull without getting a scratch. Movement would run for ever without a service... Plus no point in keeping anything dressy.

Ps long lasting lume would be a necessity

jeffc83

My only gen Rolex: 2016 Blue Oyster 34....may look weak but is built like a tank!

SamsonAusKognito

My Kermit submariner.

Most reliable and comfortable watch I've got so far.

Nickfive

im thinking maybe a top of the range gshock?

probably going to be most handy?

Baldrick

Oh FFS.....the day the zombie apocalypse happens.....you won't be worrying about the watch you're going to wear.....you'll simply go down to New Bond Street and take your pick from anything you fancy....the world will be your oxster :B):

BLM.jpg

k3rm87

My whole watchbox. I'll lug that thing around to my death.

rawbaws

^^ this. What's 20-40 watches at the bottom of your backpack..

trailboss99

Folks, even a solar watch will be dead in ten years and try to find an accumulator for one after ten years of chaos.

Knowing the exact time will not be important it is keeping track of time that will be (and is in any survival situation zombies or not). Knowing you walked due north for an hour or that the sun will set in 25 minutes, the moon rise in two hours or that the tide will turn in 15 minutes, those are important, knowing you started your journey at exactly 10:15 is not. If you have a compass and the sun you should be able to set a watch to within a half hour or so anyway. Besides, after a couple of years your digital will have lost or gained more time than that unless it's a bloody expensive one.

Oh, and as for GPS, what use is that going to be when the array fails because no one is correcting the orbits or updating the almanac?

The best choice is therefor a tough automatic such as the already mentioned Seiko Monster or one of its ilk. A base Seiko movement will run for 30+ years without a service and still keep time close enough for survival needs and has a date to keep track of days (the date itself is unimportant, the count of days is).

Nikosaldente

Folks, even a solar watch will be dead in ten years and try to find an accumulator for one after ten years of chaos.

Knowing the exact time will not be important it is keeping track of time that will be (and is in any survival situation zombies or not). Knowing you walked due north for an hour or that the sun will set in 25 minutes, the moon rise in two hours or that the tide will turn in 15 minutes, those are important, knowing you started your journey at exactly 10:15 is not. If you have a compass and the sun you should be able to set a watch to within a half hour or so anyway. Besides, after a couple of years your digital will have lost or gained more time than that unless it's a bloody expensive one.

Oh, and as for GPS, what use is that going to be when the array fails because no one is correcting the orbits or updating the almanac?

The best choice is therefor a tough automatic such as the already mentioned Seiko Monster or one of its ilk. A base Seiko movement will run for 30+ years without a service and still keep time close enough for survival needs and has a date to keep track of days (the date itself is unimportant, the count of days is).

zombie.gif

Listen to the boss!