Sign in to follow this  
autochrono

If the zombie apocalypse started which of your watches would you choose

SamsonAusKognito
Nothing! I will start a new collection from the tail of dead zombies I leave behind!

A hero has risen in this thread :lol:

What a lovely idea to chop their arms and heads off "just" for watches

Nikosaldente

Hey look....this zombie wears "the best sub"....

Let's blow his head off and get the watch....

tumblr_m8fqmkA6vl1ryj2pio1_500.gif

Member X

Folks, even a solar watch will be dead in ten years and try to find an accumulator for one after ten years of chaos.

Knowing the exact time will not be important it is keeping track of time that will be (and is in any survival situation zombies or not). Knowing you walked due north for an hour or that the sun will set in 25 minutes, the moon rise in two hours or that the tide will turn in 15 minutes, those are important, knowing you started your journey at exactly 10:15 is not. If you have a compass and the sun you should be able to set a watch to within a half hour or so anyway. Besides, after a couple of years your digital will have lost or gained more time than that unless it's a bloody expensive one.

Oh, and as for GPS, what use is that going to be when the array fails because no one is correcting the orbits or updating the almanac?

The best choice is therefor a tough automatic such as the already mentioned Seiko Monster or one of its ilk. A base Seiko movement will run for 30+ years without a service and still keep time close enough for survival needs and has a date to keep track of days (the date itself is unimportant, the count of days is).

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but the first thing I'm doing when the Zombie Apocalypse strikes is getting on a plane and jumping out with a parachute as I fly over Trailboss's place, so I can become his padawan!

I wish I had some ability to be a survivalist :( (and I don't mean a gun-toting nut-job with a basement full of beans and toilet roll in Middle America :P lol)

In our cushtie western world, popping to a Tesco Local when you run out of focaccia bread and olive oil is a way of life. IIRC, what with all the 'just in time' supermarket deliveries in the name of efficiency, all that it would take is under a week of disruption and there'd be nothing left on the shelves, either at the shops or at home (because all our houses/flats are so tiny that we can't keep a stockpile of anything... :rolleyes:), at which point shit kicks off...

TB - can you recommend a decent all-in-one book?

black263

I would wear an Invicta..............

this way I would fit right in with the Zombies!

Amazon-Zombies-1200x801.jpg

And here was me thinking you were already tight with that crew :blink:

Looks like the London GTG, before the drink had a bad effect on us.