Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Panerai 113 from PrestigeWatchCo/Time4Direct

greg_r

I've been interested in picking up a PAM113 for quite some time, but was unconvinced of the quality and value that most of the existing reps represented. Several dealers list a $350 so-called 'swiss Unitas' version, but I've hesitated to pick one up as I haven't been 100% convinced that they're all that much better than the Asian versions.

The 'asian' 6497 versions have, however, also been quite expensive - Josh sells one for @ $170, which seems a tad high for an asian movement without swan-neck regulator. Therefore I kept looking.

However, when Robert listed this version on RWI, it looked too good to be true - a 113 on leather strap with asian 6497, light AR and decent lume for $99! If it had been any other dealer, I'd still have hesitated, but given how good the $99 Fiddy is that I bought from Robert last year, I just had to take a punt at it.

I placed the order via T4D's web site in the usual way and promptly received payment instructions. Having sent my paypal payment (opting for the cheaper airmail shipping at $10), I sat back to wait. Robert confirmed shipping the following Monday and I received the watch a week later. A total of 12 days from order - which includes two weekends. Pretty quick for airmail.

The watch itself is stunning for the remarkably low price. The light AR is excellent, having only the faintest of colour shifts yet being very effective - it makes the dial really 'pop' out. The white dial is clean and sharply printed with better than average lume (superior to that on my $300 111h) - one minor inaccuracy is that the dial is missing the 'L's from ' L Swiss Made L', which is a standard problem on current rep white dials. Not a big deal at this price. Of course at this price there's no swan-neck regulator, but the movement is nicely finished albeit with the usual e-series decorations (which are never 100% convincing, but fine given the low cost of this watch). The case and CG is well-finished and convincing - the CG lever snapping into place without any tendency to flop about and the strap is both soft and comfortable (although I shall probably replace it with a bracelet in due course). The watch is running well and keeping excellent time.

To sum up, it is hard to believe this is such an inexpensive watch - it appears to be broadly similar to versions you'll find at considerably higher price elsewhere and is incredible value for money.

As always, it's a pleasure doing business with PrestigeWatchCo and Robert will be getting another order from me before too long.

Here are the photos:

pam113-1.jpg

pa113-back.jpg

pam113-w.jpg

alphakazi

what a bargain - I'm tempted :thumbsup:

KinCaidk

Unbelievable that this was only 99 bucks!!

greg_r
Unbelievable that this was only 99 bucks!!

Ain't it though? I was impressed with my Fiddy (which was the same price - I bought it from PWC last year), but this is even better...

oscarmadfish

impressed :thumbsup2:

trailboss99

Wow. For 99 bucks that's a lot of watch! Too much white and shiny steel for my tastes but value plus. Anyone know a good place to get sterile dial sandwich Pams? That how to by Francisco has me thinking . . .

BTW Onze, can we get it ported over here please?

Regards, Col.

greg_r
Wow. For 99 bucks that's a lot of watch! Too much white and shiny steel for my tastes but value plus. Anyone know a good place to get sterile dial sandwich Pams? That how to by Francisco has me thinking . . .

Sellers of sterile PAMs seem to be a little scarce recently - I believe Panerai have been going after 'em. There are a few around the rep dealers though - why not drop Robert a line and see if he can get you something?

AllergyDoc

Nice pick up, Greg. I had one once and put it on an inexpensive lizard strap. It looked pretty good.

greg_r

thanks, Doc :thumbsup2:

Massimo

Amazing bargain, it looks great. Aside from the swan neck issue - a small point in my view - those Asian 6497 movements seem good value, and I would think it will run for years too.

greg_r

The asian movements can be had with the swan-neck regulator for a little extra.

onzenuub

BTW Onze, can we get it ported over here please?

Regards, Col.

Oke, wasn't much on the board last week, worked 107 hours since last friday.

oscarmadfish

thats alot of hours onze

onzenuub
thats alot of hours onze

Yep, just stopped working today ( I hope)

KinCaidk

Onze> All those tulips :lol:

onzenuub
Onze> All those tulips :thumbsup:

Didn't see one fucking tulip those days :lol:

jameo210369

Greg, love the watch;can you provide a link as I want a new watch for my birthday on Saturday and I think I have just found a winner, and Onze doesn't lok at tulips, if it doesn't wear a small leather skirt and smoke weed then Onze isn't interested.

onzenuub
Greg, love the watch;can you provide a link as I want a new watch for my birthday on Saturday and I think I have just found a winner, and Onze doesn't lok at tulips, if it doesn't wear a small leather skirt and smoke weed then Onze isn't interested.

Weed not necesary, just nice looks

jameo210369

Still got that old avatar I see Onze; class is permanent.

onzenuub
Still got that old avatar I see Onze; class is permanent.

Yep, nice asses rule :lol:

jameo210369

I see your up to a power max again, I remember when the old site crashed and you had to start posting from 0 again.

onzenuub
I see your up to a power max again, I remember when the old site crashed and you had to start posting from 0 again.

That is because of JohnG and Greg, they keep asking me questions those postwhores, and as friendly as I am I have to answer them..,

jameo210369

Bless you Onze, you are still a nice guy.

Come on give me a recomendation for a new watch??

greg_r

Re watch, you have a PM.

Re: Onze. Yes, we know :lol:

greg_r

Was meaning to say that the guy I contacted about a PAM bracelet did have a couple left in stock at a good price (sorry, Robert - next time I'll ask you first!). Anyhow, I'm expecting it to arrive today and it's going to go on this watch first (although it may end up on my 111 - I'll see which I prefer). Pics, hopefully, over the weekend.