Sign in to follow this  
Nisv

Probably an xtremlely stoopid question

Nisv

but are there any Rolex reps out there that runs on batteries?

Since i've only just started browsing the trusted dealers listings i've yet to discover such Rolexes, hence the question.

Thanks.

barkingtoad

Why would you want such a thing

Eiderdaus

I can build you one but maybe it won't work :D

sfa437

You do NOT want a quartz Rollie rep- all modern Rollies are automatic movements :D

KeNnY

you really want this ugly watch ? :D

6880981.jpg

Nisv

I thought it would be a great idea to get one of those for my Dad, so he can flash it around to the service personell so they in turn have something to gossip about :D

Besides, Rolex is the most famous (?) luxury watch brand that most people ever have heard of, my Dad included :D

greg_r

The only Rolex that would be worth buying in quartz would be a daytona - there are a few decent quartz reps around and they're going to be more reliable than the 7750 versions.

The non-chrono models, however, are adequately reliable and there really wouldn't be any point in quartz.

Nisv
The only Rolex that would be worth buying in quartz would be a daytona - there are a few decent quartz reps around and they're going to be more reliable than the 7750 versions.

Thanks for the tip :D

sfa437

Check out PrestigeWatchCompany's selection of Rolex budget models.

What you're looking for is a 21j (or DG28xx series) movement. The best models are Submariners and Yachtmasters. The Sub is the "classic" Rolex and the Yachtie is more "blingy".

Both will be pretty damn accurate to the genuine and he won't be "called out" for wearing a fake. Best part is that they are relatively inexpensive as well as durable. You can even bring them to a local watch kiosk in a shopping mall and get it tested for water resistance for around 10 bucks! :D

Nisv

What you're looking for is a 21j (or DG28xx series) movement. The best models are Submariners and Yachtmasters. The Sub is the "classic" Rolex and the Yachtie is more "blingy".

Both will be pretty damn accurate to the genuine and he won't be "called out" for wearing a fake. Best part is that they are relatively inexpensive as well as durable. You can even bring them to a local watch kiosk in a shopping mall and get it tested for water resistance for around 10 bucks! :D

Awesome, thanks :D

LOL

:D

sfa437

Awesome, thanks :D

LOL

:D

I had one of his Yachtmasters and a buddy had a genuine. We both had a hard time telling them apart. With replica watches the "Holy Grail" is accuracy to the genuine counterpart. While they never will be 100% excatly like the real deal- we do come close with a lot of models.

Get one of PWC's Submariners, Yachtmasters or even a GMT Master (GMT has what is called an incorrect hand stack but it is hard to notice even off the wrist and damn near impossible on the wrist) and he won't have to worry about his watch being pointed out as a replica, knock-off or "fake".

The other dealers also have 21j Rolex watches but I prefer dealing with Robert at PWC. No nonsense kind of dealer with great prices :D

bme

Here's my Daytona quartz from Timesshop................

Catch43.jpg

Nisv

Are Daytonas the only Rolex reps there are with Quartz?

I'm leaning more and more towards either a Submariner or a Yachtmaster as their looks are (to me anyway) what comes to mind whenever there's talk about Rolexes, and i haven't seen either of those with quartz movement.

On the other hand, there are some really nice Daytona's out there, so........i don't know......undecisive :P

sfa437

Daytona quartz watches are utterly inaccurate with regards to what the subdials do. These canbe spotted as reps from across a room :P

Rolex watches do not "tick" because they have 28,000 beat per hour automatic movements. If you get a quartz Rolex anyone with 1/2 a brain is going to know it's a cheap copy. Stick with autos unless you want your dad looking like a fool.

gottahaverolex

When I went to Nassau in the Bahamas they had TONS of quartz Rollie reps. Looked just like what we buy here as far a cases but they all ticked! It made me giggle, the guys selling them insist they are real! Ha!

Edited by gottahaverolex

Nisv
Daytona quartz watches are utterly inaccurate with regards to what the subdials do. These canbe spotted as reps from across a room :P

Rolex watches do not "tick" because they have 28,000 beat per hour automatic movements. If you get a quartz Rolex anyone with 1/2 a brain is going to know it's a cheap copy. Stick with autos unless you want your dad looking like a fool.

Point taken.

I'd better het him a winder while i'm at it as he really doesn't get around much these days, hence the Quartz thing ;)

wombosi

I think I found exactly what you're looking for:

lolex.jpg

Only a few of them have been produced though, so they might be hard to get...

Nisv

lolex.jpg

Now we're talking ;)

Hard to get, too bad, might just post a wanted in the sales section then.

Nisv

lolex.jpg

Now we're talking ;)

Hard to get, too bad, might just post a wanted in the sales section then.

...or are jokes on me again?...duh...

bme

If I gave a flying fuck whether this could be spotted across a room, which it can't, I wouldn't have bought it.

Most people on the planet wouldn't know a fake from a real one.

It's a nice looking watch, keeps perfct time and is much more reliable than a 7750 with modified gearing.

I personally recommend this one especially as it's a chrono and the very small second hand ticking rather than sweeping kind of hides it's fakeness just in case I ever do have a Rolex expert across the room

Nisv
I personally recommend this one especially as it's a chrono and the very small second hand ticking rather than sweeping kind of hides it's fakeness just in case I ever do have a Rolex expert across the room

OK, looks as though Daytonas are the ONLY Rolexreps out there with Quartz, not even the scammers are offering either Submariner or Yachtmaster with Quartz movement.

RolexAddict

3 years ago I have seen tons of quartz Submariner in Dominican Republic,

last month I have seen tons in Patong city/Phuket. Sellers told me it comes from Taiwan or Korea. Also automatic but in non-ferrous metal and nickel coated with ugly dials, all this shit is sold arround 1000 - 1500 thai baths, means 25- 35 euros

Nisv
last month I have seen tons in Patong city/Phuket.

all this shit is sold arround 1000 - 1500 thai baths, means 25- 35 euros

Thanks, i'll ask around if there's anyone down there who can find the time to browse for

a 25 - 30 € Submariner Quartz.

I understand that they're low quality and all, atleast compared to what you can get from the dealers on board :)

Slim
Daytona quartz watches are utterly inaccurate with regards to what the subdials do. These canbe spotted as reps from across a room :)

A lot (most?) of the mechanical Daytona reps have a permanently running central second hand, which is a much more obvious giveaway IMO.