Sign in to follow this  
thunder92

Likes/dislikes crown guards on Panerai and Marina

thunder92

Trying to decide if I want the claspe or non claspe version on jacksons homage site. I like the looks of the paneria and Marina Militares just don't know how much that claspe might bug me on my wrist. What are peoples thoughts who own them?? I think they are also called crown guards.

I wear mine on my left wrist so I wonder how the crown guard would hit my hand when bent.

Thanks

Edited by thunder92

MikeMcNair

having worn the regular buckle style clasp for a night 2 days ago, i can tell you i was IMPRESSED with how much i liked it. until that moment, i ONLY wanted DEPLOYANTs, but now i would do either cause they are both comfy.

depoyant is easier tho, and puts less stress on the actual outer side of the leather.

wombosi

I have both a PAM with a clasp and one with a deployant. The both wear fine. The only advantage of the deployant buckle that you can put your watch on and off faster. I personally do not find one more comfortable than the other. Hopefully this will help you make a decision. If you have more questions: feel free to ask.

thunder92

Sorry guys I didn't know the name. I'm not talking about claspes but crown guards. I edited it the title now. Sorry for my confusion :P

wombosi
Sorry guys I didn't know the name. I'm not talking about claspes but crown guards. I edited it the title now. Sorry for my confusion ;)

No problem. At least you know wether to choose a deployant or regular clasp now :P. About the crowns: I wear my watches on my left wrist as well and depending on how high or low and tight you wear the watch on your wrist, the crown will probably hit your hand when bending, but I don't consider it as a problem. It something you get used to. There is a slight difference in for example a PAM 111 of a 183. The latter has a smaller crown, which will make wearing it a bit more comfortable. But as I said before, it never occured to me as a real problem or annoyance on both models.

wat44

thats why I wear on the right - no crown problems

Drhulee

There are 'destro' models that have the crown guard and crown on the opposite side.

Cynikal.Mindset

after the first day the crown guard is no bother...I have a 47mm Jackson watch and the crown guard was kinda sharp when I got it but a quick over with 3m pad fixed that and it was fine to wear after that.

thunder92

Ya the destro models may work. They kinda blow my mind and seam backwards.

Edited by thunder92

thunder92

Maybe a lefty crown guard is way to go. Since I wear on left wrist. Thanks.

TAGster

Hi my friend,

I have a Pam 112 44mm (50 mm including crown guard) and it wears very comfortable and the CG (crown guard) has never been an issue for me, not even when I fold my wrist.

The most unconfortable piece of my PAM for me is the buckle, and this is because I work a lot on the computer and having the wrist resting on the edge of the laptop puts pressure on the buckle and in the lower part of my wrist, so, I usually take my watch off when I am doing a lot of writing on the keyboard.

Cheers!!

Luthier
The most unconfortable piece of my PAM for me is the buckle, and this is because I work a lot on the computer and having the wrist resting on the edge of the laptop puts pressure on the buckle and in the lower part of my wrist, so, I usually take my watch off when I am doing a lot of writing on the keyboard.

Cheers!!

TAGster, here's solution for you.

;)

pammesh.jpg

TAGster

Cheers!!

TAGster, here's solution for you.

:)

pammesh.jpg

Thanks, but no thanks :D

No offense but it looks awful ;)

Cheers Luth!!

Luthier
Thanks, but no thanks :D

No offense but it looks awful ;)

Cheers Luth!!

It does.

It was a joke.

:)

thunder92

Ha, thought he was serious too. To each their own but that's ugly. I ordered one from jacksons tonight. See how I like it.