Sign in to follow this  
Mystery Shopper

Change strap- IWC Big Pilot

Mystery Shopper

Earlier in the week I received a Big Pilot from PWC. By coincidence, X-Straps has a February sale on Big Pilot straps so I have ordered. The lug end looks like it is held on by springbars and the buckle end I can't work out. Does anybody know tips on how to change over strap and buckle on a BP? :lol:

For the curious. The PWC strap the brown one in the sales thread. I went for the black cayman from X. Will post picks when the strap arrives.

Thanks in advance

greg_r

You'll need a springbar tool (You can get one from RWGshop). The buckle may be held in with a springbar or it might just be a screw fit. If you can't see a screw head, it's a springbar :lol:

robbie888

A little knife (be careful) will also do to release the springbars (Sorry RWG-shop).

greg_r
A little knife (be careful) will also do to release the springbars (Sorry RWG-shop).

You can do it with a small screwdriver too, but it can be difficult with some watches and you run the risk of scratching the crap out of the lugs. Springbar tools are so damn cheap (wherever you buy 'em from) it's kinda silly NOT to use one. I've always got two or three around...

Your choice :lol:

Mystery Shopper

Going to order the tool. Thanks for the help.