Godfathar

Nautilus 5711A White Dial (Super Rep)

porschespeedster

man, that dial/hands/case setup screams 'gen.'

congrats on a great 'mash-up' build.

Godfathar

^^ This one is for sure deserves a super rep status, and it's not a franken to be able to reach gen over all look. this one really screams gen like you said.. it's funny to realize you can reach that level with just thinking outside the box, and mixing different parts from different factories. it's that simple.. on the other hand the process wasn't as easy as I may have put it, maybe Kenny could pitch in with more details,,

Stevestown

Spectacular! Congrats

boredpanda

Anyhow, it might be worth doing 2x AR and relume on these! Seeing how much effort you've already spent on it.

The lume on your 5980 is amazing

Relume yes but I don't think gen Pateks have double AR either

Correct and white dials definitely don't need the AR.

What an amzing build GF! Can't stop looking at the photos!

Do white dial suffer less from reflection? Didn't know that =p

Phantomtech

Anyhow, it might be worth doing 2x AR and relume on these! Seeing how much effort you've already spent on it.

The lume on your 5980 is amazing

Relume yes but I don't think gen Pateks have double AR either

Correct and white dials definitely don't need the AR.

What an amzing build GF! Can't stop looking at the photos!

Do white dial suffer less from reflection? Didn't know that =p

They actually do. When there is a dark background behind a glass then the reflection is very strong, when it is a light background then it isn't. My white dialed watches with AR look almost identical to the white dials without AR. Whereas my black dials are worlds apart.

Edited by Phantomtech

Godfathar

^^ It's true about the white dial as phantomtech said.. but nevertheless, With this one I'll stick to the none AR crystal as the gen doesn't have one. But hopefully will relume it one day.

bipbip
Last march, I have experimented with yet another Nautilus 5711A project idea, only this time it is the white dial. It is obvious that the white dial is not very demanded among the Patek enthusiasts, as you can tell by the lower price of the white dial gen when compared to the well sought after 5711A blue dial, but over here at the rep world, I wanted to let you know that the white dial 5711 is truly astonishing, and it is by all means the closest rep to the gen. Unfortunately, just like all the super reps, you will not find it over the counter, you will have to work on reaching that level of accuracy and closeness to the gen white dial 5711. what I mean is that you have to mod the watch to get to have a watch on the wrist that is practically impossible to call out. the most important aspect to this theory is that you get the thinnest possible watch you find out there for the white dial 5711. In this case reach out for the 5711A BP V.1 with white dial. The construction of the case is the thinnest among all the other decorated Miyota movement cases. Yes it is undecorated, and that's the reason for being able to make it closest to gen in terms of thickness. The gen is 8.5 mm including both crystals, the BP v.1 is 9.1 mm, now that's the closest you can ever get from all the reps in the market today. Only problem, is that the BP V.1 has a weak printing on the dial, the printing is so thin, that you can see that something is wrong with the dial unfortunately, also unlike the BP V.1 blue dial, the white dial didn't get the upgraded thicker hands, actually it's funny to know that the BP V.1 white dial has silver thin hands, not even matching the markers on the dial which have a black sheen to them, they look so odd on the watch, so the dial is not up with the quality of print, and the hands are completely wrong color and size, but again the case construction is the perfect size for this project. Now if you look around for the best dial and hands, you will find that the 5711 white dial from MKF is so high quality, and very very very close to gen. I have been always impressed by the attention to details of the MK factory, but I never agreed with their decision of wanting to decorate the Miyota and making their watches thicker to host the decorated fake bridge. but their dial and hands are just exquisite. so what I did last March is purchase only the hands and white dial from MKF, and send it to Kenny to swap them with the white dial and hands of the BP V.1 which I also purchased at the same time from Toro...

Long story short, it is done, but not as easy as we thought, Kenny had to re-size and re-shape the MKF dial to be able to fit it in place of the BP white dial, also he told me that the MKF dial is a bit thicker, so he was afraid that the thickness of the new dial will press on the movement and particularly on the date wheel and stop it from turning, so he made a custom bracket to hold it far from the date wheel. And after few months of wait, I received today what I believe personally is the super rep of the Nautilus. the 5711A white dial. BP V.1 case, MKF white dial and matching hands.

Here are the pics..

DSC00219-300x300.jpg

20160422_111316-01.jpg

20160422_111838-01.jpg

When I first received the BP V.1 , you can see how the dial is weak, and so obvious that the hands are completely the wrong size and color.

20160422_111628-01.jpg

This is the MKF white dial and matching hands, obviously better quality printing on the dial, and correct size and color hands.

IMG_20160629_235710.jpg

IMG_20160629_235714.jpg

Kenny doing his magic, this is after fixing all the issues and successfully installing the MKF dial and hands on the BP V.1 case.

20160711_082855-01.jpg

20160711_082918-01.jpg

20160711_083108-01.jpg

20160711_083901-01.jpg

20160711_083937-01.jpg

It's as close as you would be able to get in thickness to the gen

20160711_084202-01.jpg

20160711_084314-01.jpg

20160711_084553-01.jpg

20160711_084627-01.jpg

couple of wrist shots are in order:

20160711_084918-01.jpg

20160711_084928-01.jpg

Sorry to ask but who is MKF ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

jakethemouse

MKF is the factory the watch came from e.g BP, Noob. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

bowtiefanatc

^^Yup, MKF is just the name of one of the makers (factories). It has noticeable differences from BP factory

Gazzla

A very nice watch and superbly modded. :thumbsup:

Super Rep: A replica watch virtually indistinguishable from the genuine article.

The exhibition caseback showing the movement is an obvious difference. Not a 'Super Rep'. Ale's Pam Guide is the reference. :D

paulvillo

That is simply stunning! Congrats for the build mate.

Not sure if it's been addressed already, but how different is the rep bracelet from the gen? Weight and feel? Cheers

Phantomtech

Super Rep: A replica watch virtually indistinguishable from the genuine article.

The exhibition caseback showing the movement is an obvious difference. Not a 'Super Rep'. Ale's Pam Guide is the reference. :D

Can't argue with that logic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

paulvillo

Can't argue with that logic.

Going to agree to disagree.

I mean, though logic to beat of course, but been worrying a lot more about weight and feel on the wrist lately.

Could live with an inaccurate CB, but rep bracelets such as the ones found in Rolex reps just don't do it for me - hence my question about the quality on these PP reps.

Godfathar

I guess the "super rep" discussion could be interpreted in many different ways depending on the person, mine is that the watch is virtually indistinguishable from the genuine on my wrist. wither it has the wrong movement on the back, or not, doesn't really concern me at all, as I never ever ever would give the opportunity to take it off for no one, never have, never will. :)

And to be clear, yes the watch could be enhanced even more, but without making the watch a "franken rep" I think this level is satisfactory to me to have it indistinguishable when I wear it on my wrist.

paulvillo
I guess the "super rep" discussion could be interpreted in many different ways depending on the person, mine is that the watch is virtually indistinguishable from the genuine on my wrist. wither it has the wrong movement on the back, or not, doesn't really concern me at all, as I never ever ever would give the opportunity to take it off for no one, never have, never will. :)

And to be clear, yes the watch could be enhanced even more, but without making the watch a "franken rep" I think this level is satisfactory to me to have it indistinguishable when I wear it on my wrist.

Definitely.

That's why I wonder about the quality of the bracelet.

Can you tell me how does it compare with Noob's and the likes of it?

Godfathar

^^ well it's not the best I have experienced. It's average to be honest. A bit stiff.

paulvillo

Thanks mate. Noob bracelets I know (especially the Glidelock ones) bother the crap out of me.

They feel cheap and flimsy to touch and on the wrist, and I just can't live with them.

Great project, outstanding results! Wear it in the best of health!

Cheers

Gmtaddict

About the bracelet, i have never got one that was comparable to a Gen, I don't think you can replicate the Gen feel at a Rep cost

Godfathar

^^ to my understanding. I don't think he was comparing the rep bracelet with the gen, but more like comparing with other rep bracelet quality

20160727_204438_01.jpg

paulvillo

^^ to my understanding. I don't think he was comparing the rep bracelet with the gen, but more like comparing with other rep bracelet quality

Exactly ;) and awesome shot!

slaughterer

Did this Godfather white dial build myself as well recently. Nice pay off:

IMG_9015 1_zpsbjne30nd.jpg

Gmtaddict

Great job.

Can you give us more details about fitting the dial: is this just a simple swap or you need to do something so that the date disc

doesn't touch the new dial?

Godfathar

^^ Unfortunately it's not a simple swap. Mine is back with Kenny as the DW slipped and now uncentered. :(

slaughterer did a great job. And now I gave Kenny his suggestions on how to tackle the problem.

Edited by Godfathar

Phantomtech

Did this Godfather white dial build myself as well recently. Nice pay off:

IMG_9015%201_zpsbjne30nd.jpg

Wow what a pic, making me drool....

SamsonAusKognito

Stunning watch