Sign in to follow this  
50 Fathoms

Who could supply this?

50 Fathoms

Hi Guys

As I am very new to the Rep game I thought I would throw this one at the oracle. If I wanted to buy a Blancpain 50 Fathom with a half decent auto movement and waterproofed for swimming purposes, where would you point me to?

fifty_fathoms_5015_1130_52a_galleryfull.png

I notice on some Rep sites that waterproofing can be had for around $50. Is it a decent option or a scam?

Thanks in advance.

greg_r

Give DSN a try - I don't know whether he's still doing them, but he had the best available a while back. Find him on the trusted dealer list.

50 Fathoms
Give DSN a try - I don't know whether he's still doing them, but he had the best available a while back. Find him on the trusted dealer list.

Thanks Greg!! What do you think about the waterproofing? Is it possible?

Silverspeed

Only way to be sure if it's waterproof is to have it pressure tested at a local watch shop

Wiz

DSN's version is the old lip/blancpain. Waterproofing can probably be done, as DSN's are usually well built, but it will requiers some work and testing.

greg_r

Yup - as with any rep (and a lot of gens) don't assume it's waterproof until you've had it tested. Waterproofing should be fairly straightforward, though.

The only other Blancpain models I've seen around have been quartz chronos - not really in the same kinda league.