Sign in to follow this  
Mystery Shopper

Girard Perregaux

Mystery Shopper

The missing has been found! Last year my parents went on a long vacation and hid some valuables in the house. Of course, some stuff wasn't found easy on their return and one of the missing items was this watch. Speculation was rife within the family of early Alzheimer's compounded by gin issues but today Mum came up trumps (vague suggestions of nursing home queries prompted Mum to look harder). Mum thought she had lost this watch and was relieved to find it.

This watch was a milestone watch presented to my Grandpa after 25 years service with a car company. The usual presentation was an Omega but for some reason, in his year, Girard Perregaux Gyromatics were presented. He wore this daily, alternating with a Tissot I have posted elsewhere. I still have memories of both Pop and Grandma arriving each wearing these two watches (she wore a 'men's watch' as they were easier to read). Mum still wears the watch (now that she found it) for the same reasons her mum did. Anyway, enjoy!

Wristie

SAM_0240.jpg

Dial

SAM_0246.jpg

Back

SAM_0243.jpg

d1isthe1

Well u'r lucky to find it ,Its a vintage ... well kept watch... great :lol:

offshore

Now thats my kind of watch.

Don't really fancy the "stretchy" although they are from that era....but can you imagine how good that would look on a decent quality gold mesh? (or beads of rice)

And IMO GP are every bit the quality of Rolex, just without the pretentiousness!

Lovely!

O/S

prestigewatchco

The band on that is actually a flixo- flex band was state of the art in the 60's .

They were safe to wear unlike the expanding bracelets of the time which had a tendency to ripe chunks or skin and clumps of hair off your wrist if caught right!

They wern't cheap either as I remember

Mystery Shopper

I just can't imagine a 25 year stint in this era.

Now it is more, 'what cake are you bringing?' than any presentation. I had it serviced last year locally.

graman

Mate...that's a rarity, and seriously beautiful!...well worth the wait!

:Yawn:

ebzen02

If my company gave away omegas and GP's I'd stay a lifetime in that company!

Dragonscape

Now thats a "keepsake" for the ages

I would consider a gator/croco brown strap