Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

Trailie got a DJ!

trailboss99

Went down to visit Offshore yester day and came home with a tresure trove of tools and watch bits (for those who don't know there is a bit of Ziggyness in OS). Amungst the pile was an allmost new Date Just complete with a "Dave Dial". Yep, bling'd out with diamond markers. It was DOA when I got it (OS realy hadn't bothered trying too hard) so upon arriving home the back was off and a close inspection with a loupe revealed a minute speck of lint in the hairspring. A cpl of minutes later after a very carefull application of #1 twezers and a wind it was running like a . . well . . . like a Swiss Watch I suppose which is damn good for a rep :D

Hasn't lost more than 6 or 7 sec in the last 24hrs but as Klink would have said, Time will tell.

Here's some very crappy shots under lights. When I get a chance I will take some better ones in daylight. Thing is, IMO this needs a band to replace the bracelet 'cause there is just too much shiny stuff and silver dial. Also a dial change is on the cards 'cause there is no way I am a diamond dial sort of person so I want sugestions for strap and dial please. Just about any gen dial is available in rep form and I am leaning towards one of the pale blue ones like the white gold DD only one (I think this is supposed to represent a WG model anyway) but am open to sugestions.

Anyone?

P3180049.jpg

P3180047.jpg

Col.

greg_r
(for those who don't know there is a bit of Ziggy in OS)...

Possibly slightly unfortunate phrasing there, mate - but that's between you, Offshore and Ziggy :lol:

I'm not a big fan of the diamond dials either - the blue dial is very attractive, though. A nice black or dark blue croco strap would make a good combo with that... Alternatively a white dial looks great on brown croco.

Anyhow, sounds like you did real well with the DJ. Wear it well! :thumbsup:

trailboss99
Possibly slightly unfortunate phrasing there, mate - but that's between you, Offshore and Ziggy

Not untill you came along and dirtied it up it wasn't :lol:

There, I created a whole new word. Ziggyness = to have Ziggyness is to have watch oil running in your veins and a permenent mark from a loupe on your eye socket.

Col.

greg_r
Possibly slightly unfortunate phrasing there, mate - but that's between you, Offshore and Ziggy

Not untill you came along and dirtied it up it wasn't :thumbsup:

'tis but a service I offer :lol:

(sorry, Offshore - couldn't resist ;) )

NFleischer

not bad for free!

trailboss99
not bad for free!

Well, not quite free but a bargin at any rate. Not shure I liked the scaloped bezel but it's growing on me. Looks like I need a crown as well. This one has brass showing thru the plate. Gotta realign the date mag as well. Can't tell in those shots but it's down on the crown side. What's the trick? Hot air from memory.

Got a quartz Briet as well to play with as well as most of another one inc a almost complete 7750 (need a rotor and a cpl of other bits) and a nice case with AR crystal and bracelet but minus pushers. I'l have to ID the case. There are so many Briets I can't keep 'em all straight in my head. I can get cheap 7750s for the date at 5 Briets so I think it may not be quartz for long. Asuming the date window lines up, other dial (7750 one) is stuffed. I'l put a pic up and someone can tell me WTF it is. No screw down pushers on the complete (but for one chrono hand) one so prob not a very good rep but it will make a good learning experiance and beater.

Col.

KBH

I like the DJ (other than the diamonds). Put the silver dial with stick markers on it and you've got a keeper.

I've got the same one in FrankenJust. It's really grown on me.

Luthier

Black dial with sticks and black croco strap. Solid and manly.

Massimo

Nice fix, good work. I'd keep the bracelet, even if you don't change the dial: it's bling but not too much, and a bit of bling is all the fashion these days.

offshore

Col,

The history behind that one, was it came from a customer who bought it to the stall, I took the back off, and when I couldn't immediately see a problem, he said, "Didn't cost me much, I'll get another next trip", and left it with me.

I had put it in my rep bin, to be looked at, and when you asked about some to play with, I just threw it into the stack.

How's the new 'drivers? The bodies are not bad, (acceptable), but those are some bloody good blades fitted.

Just do a little regular maintenance on the blades, (I tidy mine up each time I start a session.)

Was good to catch up with you again my friend!

Offshore

trailboss99

Drivers are great thanks muchly. Yep, there nice blades and the bodies are just as good. I share you opinion that te Bergies are just a tad too short for long fingers but these French ones seem to be just about right. AllI gotta do now is figger out what happened to the hand pullers and rectify it. A couple more tools from the supply house and I'm all set.

Col.

swissaddict

I think a silver dial with roman markers would look great if the diamonds don't suit you.. and an oyster bracelet of course is the natural alternative to that jubilee one. Then it would look like this:

standard.jpg

trailboss99

Yeah SA diamonds are just too much. Realy don't know about braclet. Allways thought a DJ belonged on a strap. DD, yes especialy if it's aTT but the plain old DJ needs some contrast IMO. Still leaning towards the pale blue dial. Gotta find someone who can supply and takes PP. Anyone know a source of decent straps for these? A set of quick change pins would be nice too. These allways benifited from several choices of strap.

Col.

greg_r
Yeah SA diamonds are just too much. Realy don't know about braclet. Allways thought a DJ belonged on a strap. DD, yes especialy if it's aTT but the plain old DJ needs some contrast IMO. Still leaning towards the pale blue dial. Gotta find someone who can supply and takes PP. Anyone know a source of decent straps for these? A set of quick change pins would be nice too. These allways benifited from several choices of strap.

Col.

In Europe, but Watchbandcenter.com have a pretty good range of straps that'd fit a DJ. Prices are sensible too.

trailboss99

Everywhere is twenty thousand miles from here mate so it hardly matters!

Col.

greg_r
Everywhere is twenty thousand miles from here mate so it hardly matters!

Col.

LMAO!

So true.... :gunbandana:

jameo210369

I thought when I came back to this forum that Rolex lovers were banned; only kidding, the day date with the day at 12 o clock is stunning

day%20date.jpg

trailboss99

Yep, a nice DD is still on my list. That one will be TT or FG on bracelet. Still undecided on a dial for that one as well.

Col.

Luthier
I thought when I came back to this forum that Rolex lovers were banned; only kidding, the day date with the day at 12 o clock is stunning

day%20date.jpg

Bling, bling, bling...

:P

Ever see DD with Day on 6 o'clock?

:D

jameo210369

If your going to wear a rep Rolex go the whole hog and get a bling bling one

iabounty

I have a 2 tone DJ with pearl white dial and stick markers and a full gold DD with pearl white dial and gold Roman numerals coming air mail from Lawrence at HOS. I will post pics. if they ever arrive....... :beer: