Sign in to follow this  
pinkyw

Watch stopped working any ideas

pinkyw

Hi

I bought a rolex perpetual date just about 6 months ago from House of Souveniers and it stopped working yesterday, ive tried winding it up which i do regularly but nothing seems to help.

Can anybody give me any advise???

Thanks

KBH

Probably you should contact Lawrence and ask him about repair or replacement. I don't know what kind of warranty he has, but that should be first thing to check.

If it's a Asian 21j movement there's normally not much you can do other than opening it up and making sure nothing has come loose inside. The general consensus is to replace those movements rather than try to have them fixed. They only cost about $15 or so.

If it's an ETA or ETA clone,they can be serviced and are generally worth the money to have fixed.

Del

Lawrence normally gives 8 months on Asian movements iirc so I'd contact him asap ;).

pinkyw

Hi

Contacted Lawrence by email yesterday still waiting for a reply!!!

pinkyw

Hi

Lawrence contacted me yesterday and asked me to return the watch to him. What do other people think ?? should he just be replacing it.

Thanks

prestigewatchco

replacing it after 6 months with a new watch doubt a Gen retailer would do that let alone a Rep dealer.

It will most likely have a new movement stuck in it not worth repairing 21J Asian unless it's something really simple

Might be worth getting it fixed locally time you send it back movement is only about $12-$15 to buy new

dingle
Hi

Lawrence contacted me yesterday and asked me to return the watch to him. What do other people think ?? should he just be replacing it.

Thanks

Once he receives the watch, he will either:

1. repair it and send it back

or

2. send you another one when this one is received

Be sure to get all shipping instructions from him and follow them to the letter B)