Sign in to follow this  
PeterWorcester

How do I swap Bezels ? (SORRY DUP POST)

PeterWorcester

I have a new DSSD that I completely mangled , while trying to fix the timing on it. (another story for another day, but let's just say I won't be quitting my day job to dabble in watches any time soon, I took a beautiful Robert $249 DSSD and completely trashed it)

What I'd like to know is how do you remove the bezel off a watch without breaking it, I'd like to move the bezel from my newly mangled scrap watch to my older DSSD, but I don't have a clue how to take the bezel off without breaking it. It appears as though brute force and I just don't get along.

Anyone out there able to tell me how, I've searched the forums but can't seem to find that a post on that subject.

TIA,

Peter

KBH

A couple of options. Use a hair dryer to soften the glue and slowly move the inset back and forth till it comes loose enough to lift off.

Take the pearl out and stick something small in the hole for leverage accompanied by heat from a hair dryer.

Use a knife to pry the whole bezel from the case and push the insert off from the backside. bezel removal