Sign in to follow this  
M4rtin

Who makes decent watches $100-200 ?

M4rtin

Looking to buy my parents watches, nothing fancy, as long as it's easy to read, not automatic so they don't have to wind it.

Budget is around $100-200 per watch, and looking for some recommendation on some brands.

What pops in my mind is Seiko, Citizen, Orient, Invicta, Stuhrling.

Anything else you could recommend ?

Daywatch

Why not 2 reliable quartz reps? Those are reliable and different at least. One 33mm Ladies and another 39mm Gents quartz AP Royal Oak without ticking seconds

M4rtin

I think I'd prefer to stick to genuine for this, also needs a nice box and packaging.

Thrichar

Seiko all the way mate.

UmpaHimself

Seiko all the way mate.

+1

However I did buy my mother a really nice Channel quartz. I think she's had it 3 years with no issue.

ShovelnTC

I think for non watch enthusiasts Quartz is the only way to go as most non-watch people just get pissed off at having to set their watches regularly (if not wearing all the time).

As others have said there are a bunch of Seiko, Citizen, Orient etc and Island Watch sell all of them and a bunch of micro brand watches as well many of which are quartz and under $200.

I bought my Messerchmitt pilot for around $150 and I love it and most come in a nice presentation box.

IMG_2815.jpg

trailboss99

Seiko, there are a whole heapo f nice Seiko 5 on sale in many places for well under 200 and sometimes even under 100.

BenjaminButton

Any there any particular styles or features/ complications that you have in mind? Seiko is definitely the top of the list genuine watch maker on a budget.

Sent from Uranus

Robin195959

The never ending Sieko is the answer question.

Gotta be Seiko in this price bracket whether Quartz or mechanical.

GenTLe

I'd suggest to give a look to creationwatches site, there you have a very good choice for very good prices (and all gens).

Genius

Rotary and Bulova are both worth a look too

markeym3

I'd suggest to give a look to creationwatches site, there you have a very good choice for very good prices (and all gens).

+1 for Creation , they have a great sale on ...

dator

I think for non watch enthusiasts Quartz is the only way to go as most non-watch people just get pissed off at having to set their watches regularly (if not wearing all the time).

As others have said there are a bunch of Seiko, Citizen, Orient etc and Island Watch sell all of them and a bunch of micro brand watches as well many of which are quartz and under $200.

I bought my Messerchmitt pilot for around $150 and I love it and most come in a nice presentation box.

IMG_2815.jpg

Ooh nice, what size is this ?

RUSH2112

Citizen, seiko, fossil come to mind.

jcjacquez

I'd say go for dress watches, those are usually better with the older folks. Maybe the sarb line?

M4rtin
NFleischer

That's a good deal for the Seiko!

Rolexwatchman

Maybe Zinvo watch? :)

FL13

Air Blue watches are nice. Seiko NH35 movements...

http://www.jomashop.com/air-blue-watches.html

Lots of autos in the 100-200 range there. I own an Airblue 41mm Pilot. It has great Lume.... Here's a shot.

13562082_1756731551250728_1041009782_n.jpg

M4rtin

Like I said in my OP nothing automatic, gonna stick to Quartz for these ones I think.

M4rtin

Bought this Seiko SUR758 for my mother-in-law.

Seiko-Womens-SUR758-Stainless-Steel-Two-Tone-Water-Resistant-Watch-with-Swarovski-Crystals-8d9fa697-d553-4d4b-8153-ee8d12994_zpsevqo86db.jpg

Will be buying this Seiko SNKN47 for father-in-law, as soon as I figure out where to get this here in Canada for decent price.

seiko-recraft-automatic-black-dial-stainless-steel-men_s-watch-snkn47_zpsxzvdszkx.jpg

Theduke.williams

Seiko every time at this price point.

Just some suggestions from Creation watches, probably the best price for genuine watches;-

http://www.creationw...watch-5414.html

http://www.creationw...watch-8938.html

Being solar, the back doesn't need to come off to replace batteries, so the waterproofing needn't be compromised.

Hope your search goes well - why not follow up this thread with pictures when you've made your choice.

M4rtin

Hope your search goes well - why not follow up this thread with pictures when you've made your choice.

I did :)

Post above yours :)

FL13

That seiko you posted for the dad is an Automatic (mechanical)