Sign in to follow this  
NCRich

Finally ready to rock - 6538 and no CG Tudor snowflake

NCRich

My precious, finally got what I saw in my mind's eye. Light gold, with a touch of aging, and 2 coats of satin poly.

rAFS1Wo.jpg?1

Nosduj

I think the vintaged style looks great, just my .02

BM284
:drool: that looks lovely

NCRich

Done.

IyWB7x7.jpg?1

Piccolo

Very nice..! I like the lightly bleached bezel look, vintage lume looks really good too, nice one!

BM284

That looks fecking lovely mate - looks good on the rivet too. What exactly did you do to age your bezel (if you don't mind me asking sir)? :D

NCRich

That looks fecking lovely mate - looks good on the rivet too. What exactly did you do to age your bezel (if you don't mind me asking sir)? :D

Thanks. Seems frustrating they are all different when it comes to fading the bezel. For this one I used household bleach in direct sunlight. Put it in for 10 minutes, took it out. Nothing. 10 more minutes, started to fade. 10 more, and it was close to this, had a haze on it. Rinsed, dried, 1200 grit sandpaper till I got rid of the haze. So about 30 minutes in the bleach and UV. I never left it, watched it the whole time.

I put a black insert in bleach one time and all the paint was gone in 5 minutes. Seems like they are all different.

BM284

Thanks. Seems frustrating they are all different when it comes to fading the bezel. For this one I used household bleach in direct sunlight. Put it in for 10 minutes, took it out. Nothing. 10 more minutes, started to fade. 10 more, and it was close to this, had a haze on it. Rinsed, dried, 1200 grit sandpaper till I got rid of the haze. So about 30 minutes in the bleach and UV. I never left it, watched it the whole time.

I put a black insert in bleach one time and all the paint was gone in 5 minutes. Seems like they are all different.

Thanks for the info - I shall give it a go (fingers crossed) :giggle:

Daffy

That's absolutely lovely. I'm not a Rolex guy, but this makes me want to age a Tudor.