Sign in to follow this  
steph_dexter

Marina Militare ref. 6152 dream project

steph_dexter

as i look at Panerai watch, the model that make me fell in love is Marina Militare ref. 6152

its the vintage classic detail :

on the dial...tobacco ish because of age, the hand gold with corotion, and the case...full of bruise n scratch

please give me input for this project Marina Militare ref. 6152 dream of mine

im thinking to built n order from getat, but im not sure which case should i go for titanium or brush stailess steel?

44 or 47mm?

dial, does mr Tat have the option of tobacco dial (no small second )..?

for the strap, whic is closer to the ref.6152? the Wooden Brown Italian Calf Strap with Handed Stitched or the Sandy Brown?

my goal is to get the over all vintage look, but i have never see the real Marina Militare ref. 6152 in person.

all this time was just internet foto base

also i have no clue on how to communicate with mr Tat... email or pm avaliable?

excuse some of my silly question n my poor english composition :)

Edited by steph_dexter

greg_r

You'll find plenty of 6152s & 6154's pictured here. If you want some ideas, start in Nightwatch's subforum.

You'll be wanting a 47mm SS case. Closed case back (unless you're planning to fit a mollie or a gen vintage movement).

steph_dexter

after browsing n reading, i decided to go for 44 mm titanium case..probably going to order from getat

can anyone suggest me the movement, i prefer vintage hand wind movement that can be fitted to the case

will 3601 molnija fit?

a few time i saw hamilton vintage movement used on 47mm case, does vintage hamilton made small size movement?

next is the dial, i've been looking all over for no sub dial with bronw faded n very old brown yellowish numbering...unfortunately all for 47mm case :popcorn:

any suggestion?

thnx mr greg_r for directing me to nightwatch, the vintage dial are just awesome there, but to bad its for 47 n sub dial ;)

Edited by steph_dexter

omgitshorton

edit

Edited by omgitshorton