chase0224

Accurate 5712's with micro rotors spotted

chase0224

DC that dial and case is completely different than the one listed. Compare

7ECB6F83-5DAE-417D-A6BB-E924A3194756_zpsr1ahdssw.jpgrBVaEFeAxRqACxFzAAIVc8WMKYg372.jpg

Look at the bezel, the dial color, the dial texture, the ears on the nautilus. Everything is completely different....

chase0224

Also look at the hour markers, particularly the six oclock marker, its much shorter on the one from DH gate. Im sorry but I fail to see how you could see this is the same watch. Also the dealer claims 40mm, may not be completely true but if it is thats 3mm smaller than the one you listed.

chase0224

Anyways just ordered these, hopefully they live up to my expectation. And I think you guys are just a little too focused on how shitty the movement looks lol just look at that dial and case!!

_DC_

Hi Chase

Not sure how you know the case size of the watch I posted but Nautilus are renowned for being hard to measure as they aren't round, generally they are circa 38mm across the bezel from top to bottom and circa 40mm across the bezel diagonally but they are all around 42-43mm from ear to ear so it depends how you measure.

Either way, I can see small differences in the hour marker at six o'clock but other than that you are looking at the same watch just photographed in different light, I'm struggling to see where these differences are in dial texture or bezel or the ears, from where I'm standing they look identical just shot from different angle and different light as I said.

But hey, if you like them then that is really all that matters my friend, I've owned plenty of watches that no one else liked so don't let it bother you, but also don't expect too much from it (if it arrives at all)!

DC

Haltec

That's not Automatic winding watch.

chase0224

• The one you posted has a thinner dial texture/lines
  • more purplish color
  • more round dial
  • much rounder case
  • the ears do not stick out as far
  • larger crown that extends past the ears
  • printing doesn't appear as crisp
  • markers appear to be thinner
  • hands are thinner

I thought you were the Patek expert how could you miss all that? ^_^

_DC_

If you say so chase, what do I know I've only been collecting and scrutinising Patek reps for three and a half years, eh! Not gonna argue with you, I know what I'm talking about!!

DC

_DC_

Oh what's this.... a different photo of the same watch where the dial looks a totally different colour and the bezel looks a different shape coz it's taken from a different angle... whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?

3E5D7FEE-0517-46F2-96FB-B406FF2E15E3_zpsvxfpieas.jpg

DC

GenTLe

That's not a.micro rotor, is a half disk glued over the ratchet wheel of an handwind movement!

Duzza

When did the Nautilus case look like it was made out of Lego?

_DC_
When did the Nautilus case look like it was made out of Lego?

:rofl:

DC

Wriggles

Sorry OP but you're seriously reaching here, maybe it's pride because you don't want to admit you might have been a bit over enthusiastic at the start.

All I can say is anyone who's going to ignore DC in relation to anything Patek must be either stupid or naive

Tits McGee

Sooo I just stumbled on what looks like high quality 5712 nautilus with micro rotors on a certain site....FUCK YES!!! Cant post link but type in 5712 on DH gate and you will see!

rBVaEFeAxRqACxFzAAIVc8WMKYg372.jpg

rBVaEFeA1oKAYlRCAAMQA1fyyXw043.jpghot-new-luxury-high-quality-nautilus-5712.jpgrBVaEVeA34KAeXjAAAJ2WOT10Mk104.jpg

g2.gif

chase0224

Notice the subdial spacing between the running seconds and calendar/moon phase is different, longer 6 ocklock marker on the older rep, bezel is rounder on older rep, ears do not stick out as far on the older rep, crown sticks out longer on older rep, hands are thinner on older rep, the dial texture/lines is thinner on the older rep.

5712_zpscdzasq7j.png

chase0224

Its not about pride brah lol I value everyone's opinions but sometimes even the "experts" can miss things or get something wrong....

_DC_

^^^ You're right chase, it's a totally different rep, it's not even slightly the same... the old rep is actually better!

DC

chase0224

Yes I am being the prideful one now....

Here is a comparison of the old version of the 5712r and this one.

5712r_zpspx2iryav.png

chase0224

Here is the gen, you really think the old version looks closer to this?

IMG_6891.JPG

chase0224

^^^ You're right chase, it's a totally different rep, it's not even slightly the same... the old rep is actually better!

DC

Then don't buy it ....lol

_DC_

:facepalm:

Ok I'll bite!!

Give up chase, you're trying to defend the indefensible, so far everyone accept you has unanimously agreed that this is a crap rep, it is nowhere near being close to gen, neither of them are. When I said the old one was better I was clearly being sarcastic as it is so clear to everyone accept you that the rep you found and the rep I have seen before are virtually identical accept for the hands and hour markers. The nonsense about the ears sticking out further is just that, nonsense, as is the rubbish about the subdial spacing, as is the rubbish about the dial pattern, they are the same rep just with very small unimportant changes which you always get over several years with these cheaper 21j reps, they are well know for inconsistency in parts and finish over several years. They are both crap case shape, crap movement, crap bracelet, crap crown, crap thickness, crap crap crap.

These are the facts, deal with it and move on, for god sake!

DC

SamsonAusKognito
Brah i dont think you understand.... no rep movement will ever compare to a gen patek movement so who cares. This watch is exciting because of the visual accuracy of the dial and case. Everyone always states "these cannot exist because they are too complicated" but here we have an accurate looking, fully functioning, mechanical, complicated patek nautilus replica! I guess Im just overtly excited because these along with the 5726 are my favorite watches, so I am in pure extacy rn

I feel you, finding a good PP Nautilus is like searching the holy grail.

Do you buy it?

I have some trust issues with dh gate, made 2-3 good deals and 2 totally ripp offs

_DC_

DC

Then don't buy it ....lol

I had never said I was going to, quite the opposite!

DC

SamsonAusKognito

Obviously we don't have it found... there are too many optical differences to the gen.

_DC_
Obviously we don't have it found... there are too many optical differences to the gen.

Yeah you could say that, just one or two differences...

B93A8A99-8B62-46A4-9C80-D88AEC9747CC_zpso6bd4nfu.jpg

:rofl:

DC

Takken

This was good entertainment, thanks guys.