chase0224

Accurate 5712's with micro rotors spotted

2hot2trot
Obviously we don't have it found... there are too many optical differences to the gen.

Yeah you could say that, just one or two differences...

B93A8A99-8B62-46A4-9C80-D88AEC9747CC_zpso6bd4nfu.jpg

:rofl:

DC

Which one is the gen? :giggle:

chase0224

:facepalm:

Ok I'll bite!!

Give up chase, you're trying to defend the indefensible, so far everyone accept you has unanimously agreed that this is a crap rep, it is nowhere near being close to gen, neither of them are. When I said the old one was better I was clearly being sarcastic as it is so clear to everyone accept you that the rep you found and the rep I have seen before are virtually identical accept for the hands and hour markers. The nonsense about the ears sticking out further is just that, nonsense, as is the rubbish about the subdial spacing, as is the rubbish about the dial pattern, they are the same rep just with very small unimportant changes which you always get over several years with these cheaper 21j reps, they are well know for inconsistency in parts and finish over several years. They are both crap case shape, crap movement, crap bracelet, crap crown, crap thickness, crap crap crap.

These are the facts, deal with it and move on, for god sake!

DC

Yeah fuck me for trying to bring some content to the patek sub... I found a new or different version of the 5712 rep, so I wanted to share that with others who may be interested in this watch. You claimed that this was the exact same version of the earlier rep but that is not the case. I showed the differences between the two reps and yet you kept insisting that these are the same version of the older rep. These are different watches, that is not something that can be debated after the differences have been shown. However if you think these watches are shit then leave a comment and move on like everyone else. Although it is odd that you claim this watch is shit when you wear a fantasy patek studded with diamonds that you call a "5970". This is the watch of the "unofficial curator of the patek sub-forum"

432B48A7-EBBB-4F9F-8703-C7D87AE27BC8_zpsgrjydcrp.jpg

chase0224

Yeah I'll be sticking with my crap 5712 reps and leave the amazing high quality fantasy patek's for you buddy. Maybe I should be the next unofficial curator of the patek sub-forum :)

rawbaws

:facepalm:

Ok I'll bite!!

Give up chase, you're trying to defend the indefensible, so far everyone accept you has unanimously agreed that this is a crap rep, it is nowhere near being close to gen, neither of them are. When I said the old one was better I was clearly being sarcastic as it is so clear to everyone accept you that the rep you found and the rep I have seen before are virtually identical accept for the hands and hour markers. The nonsense about the ears sticking out further is just that, nonsense, as is the rubbish about the subdial spacing, as is the rubbish about the dial pattern, they are the same rep just with very small unimportant changes which you always get over several years with these cheaper 21j reps, they are well know for inconsistency in parts and finish over several years. They are both crap case shape, crap movement, crap bracelet, crap crown, crap thickness, crap crap crap.

These are the facts, deal with it and move on, for god sake!

DC

Yeah fuck me for trying to bring some content to the patek sub... I found a new or different version of the 5712 rep, so I wanted to share that with others who may be interested in this watch. You claimed that this was the exact same version of the earlier rep but that is not the case. I showed the differences between the two reps and yet you kept insisting that these are the same version of the older rep. These are different watches, that is not something that can be debated after the differences have been shown. However if you think these watches are shit then leave a comment and move on like everyone else. Although it is odd that you claim this watch is shit when you wear a fantasy patek studded with diamonds that you call a "5970". This is the watch of the "unofficial curator of the patek sub-forum"

:popcorn:

Seriously.. now you are resorting to personal attacks. You got excited its ok, but within seconds of your post people chimed in to say it was a turd. Its still a turd, no matter what you say.

If you love it, great, but anybody who's been collecting watches or in this rep game for a little while can spot that thing as a turd a mile away yet you're still here arguing with everybody. Why not just accept the wisdom of the forum, agree you bought a turd but be proud of your turd.

Its ok to love a turd. Sometimes you can't choose your turds.

Turd.

chase0224

And I get that people don't like high quality or perfectly accurate reps, but DC was claiming this is the same version of the older rep. This rep is much more accurate and seems to be put together better than the older version. I only wanted to show others who may be interested in 5712's that there is a new version of this rep.

_DC_

Ah who doesn't love a good forum argument, there hasn't been one in the Patek section for quite some time!!

If you read my original post I didn't say they were exactly the same, I was quite clear in saying I suspected it was a new version of the same rep with some changes (most notably the caseback) but with some things the same, and that to me the case and dial are the same which I still think they are. I've counted the dial stripes and there's the same number, the space between the subdials looks different in all the pictures of both watches because in one you see if from the edge of the subdial cutout and in the other you see it from where the subdial indices are which are two slightly different places. But that was a 21j 5712 rep that looked like it was made of Lego and this is a 21j 5712 rep that looks like it's made of Lego, same watch just with small updates, that's how this rep game works chase. Your obsession with minute details is understandable, we've all been there, but we all learn that obsessing over details in this game is an exercise in futility!!

As I've said I never claim to be the expert. What's amusing me right now is a PM I received from you a while back in which your first sentence was "Hi DC, I know you're the AP and Patek expert", so actually the person who claims I'm the expert is... you!! A certain Alanis Morissette song comes to mind :rofl:!

As for the 5970, I said earlier that I own watches that other people don't like, perhaps that's one of them, but I still get numerous PMs from people asking where I got it because they want one, and if we're talking quality then I'm afraid you're comparing apples with oranges my friend!

I think it's safe to say we are done here!

DC

SamsonAusKognito
Obviously we don't have it found... there are too many optical differences to the gen.

Yeah you could say that, just one or two differences...

B93A8A99-8B62-46A4-9C80-D88AEC9747CC_zpso6bd4nfu.jpg

DC

Slightly differneces :D I'm dying from laughing.

Thanks for that pic.

Thrichar

What's a Patek?

;)

black263

I think it's the title that got you flamed. Had it been "New version spotted", we'd have all agreed with you. Calling that version "Accurate" and with a "micro-rotor" was never going to end well. It isn't accurate, by a huge margin, and it doesn't have a micro-rotor. (in fact it doesn't have any sort of rotor.)

Wriggles

Butthurt much?

Everyone gets you were excited, thats ok.

You were wrong, thats ok too. It's ok to be wrong.

Beating a dead horse when everyone can see you're wrong and not admitting it?...well thats just going to get you flamed - at best.

You didn't bring content to the subforum, you brought a turd.

We could all go and find endless reps of varying qualities and land them into the subforums, but the subforums are for reviews of reps that, well, someone might want to buy.

So we don't.

We have a place for the shit reps, it's called the Hall of Shame

Daywatch

Pale and faded fotocopy of a watch and trash rep, Silix $38 level - and I´m not even talking about the backside, the overall finish is terrible.

Expect several misaligned markers. Whoever buys this is in for a sad surprise. Waiting for some glamour pics once it arrives. :zzz:

21j 5711 cheapo as the thread needs more pics , for the time being I doubt the dial on that one will be as sharp

pp_0857_zps3cf9e895.jpg

WatchaholicMallorca

Anyone interested in buying this rep contact the new Magaluf based TD

CF9B4C98-0EBF-420F-BE33-62BF24B561A6_zps6l2e7gbr.jpg

Takken

If you consider buying it at least do not pay the price that seller ask for it. I found the same watch for 60$ and it was with a closed caseback (something I find to be even more valuable on this version to be honest).

_DC_

I've noticed our resident 5712 enthusiast has been rather quiet today.... perhaps his watch arrived and it's so accurate that he simply can't drag himself away from it to share his thoughts with all of us uneducated noobs!

DC

_DC_
If you consider buying it at least do not pay the price that seller ask for it. I found the same watch for 60$ and it was with a closed caseback (something I find to be even more valuable on this version to be honest).

Weren't you listening Takken, this watch is totally different to the closed caseback one, this one is far more accurate and far higher quality.

Sheesh!

:rofl: :rofl:

DC

Phantomtech

This has been quite an interesting read... Thanks guys!

chase0224

Good one! lol thanks for providing a compelling argument on how closely similar these watches are, without you DC I would be so lost when it comes to the world of patek replicas. Im glad that there is a curator of pateks on this forum because otherwise no one would know what watch to buy next! You truely are an expert with a staggering 3 years of experience of looking at patek replicas online, I was silly not to take your advice. Please keep me updated on any more patek fantasies that are released, because you truly have impeccable taste when it comes to low quality fantasy watches.

_DC_

I'm sorry if I have hurt your feelings Chase, but really the only person you are embarrassing now is yourself with these immature posts attacking me. The fact you would accuse me of owning low quality reps when you have ordered this piece of crap is frankly hilarious!

I don't own any low quality reps, fantasy or otherwise!

Also, I can't believe it took you two days to come up with that reply!

#musttryhardernexttime

DC

_DC_

Let's put the two watches you are speaking about side by side Chase, and let people make their own mind up which is higher quality...

6480301A-5E92-48E8-BF37-4A7EBE38C68B_zpsz8p2scmh.jpg

097A8F5E-59DB-46BE-90B8-622362D2C2CB_zpseey1oowk.jpg

Be interested to hear your argument here Chase!

DC

James.

Top one, can haz micro rotor therefore is betterest watch.

_DC_
Top one, can haz micro rotor therefore is betterest watch.

I concede defeat in the face of this irrefutable evidence!!

DC

griffon22

there is only one person fantasizing on this thread, and despite every other replier pointing out the extremely inaccurate piece of shit watch he defends so highly, he insists on sticking to his delusional opinion. I know just about nowt about Pateks, but know enough to identify the differences between a gen and (quite frankly) one of the shittiest rep's I have ever seen . just about "nothing is right about that movement in comparison to the Genuine version ,and the so called rotor is fooling no one, err except maybe 1 person.

but what really irritates me is the way he is openly attacking one of the very few in this forum that has put in the hours ,and actually does know a fair bit about Pateks . making it personal wont work here . so I say to the OP move on.

James.

Its amazing how investing ones own money can frighteningly skew your own opinion. No one likes to hear they've bought a lemon. Or a turn dressed up as a lemon. That's tantamount to admitting you're a fool! Hence butthurt.

qwerty1992

Interesting read. Get to learn so much from you guys.. thanks!