Sign in to follow this  
SirDomino

How reliable is a Rolex Rep 3135 Movement?

SirDomino

I have been researching various movements and have seen that some dealers offer a 3135 movement alternative to the 2836 Swiss movement.

Is the 3135 essentially a cosmetically modified 2836 movement? Or is it completely different?

What is the reliability on such movements?

I did a search but couldn't find any conclusive info besides some saying it is "fine" while other screaming "avoid" without much reason.

Thanks!

dingle
I have been researching various movements and have seen that some dealers offer a 3135 movement alternative to the 2836 Swiss movement.

Is the 3135 essentially a cosmetically modified 2836 movement? Or is it completely different?

I did a search but couldn't find any conclusive info besides some saying it is "fine" while other screaming "avoid" without much reason.

Thanks!

See #6 here:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6930

:)

greg_r

Thanks!

1. They don't look anything like the gen movement, so I don't know why you'd bother

2. They have a much higher failure rate than the standard clone ETA or Swiss movements.

A fairly pointless purchase, frankly - stick to the ETAs and clones.