Sign in to follow this  
WatchaholicMallorca

New Rolex Daydate 40 now listed with Trusty! (EDIT: Now with other TD's)

WatchaholicMallorca

Probably the first time I'm excited about a new release, in my short time collecting I've mainly concentrated on Rollie's and Patek, I am a huge fan of the Rolex daydate, a watch that to me is way up there with the 5711 as the king of the watch world. A few months back I made it my mission to find a rep of the 40mm Rolex Daydate in platinum, after sending of many emails to TDs it become apparent the model I wanted was only available in 41mm, and would therefore be a fantasy model with the new style dial. I ended up buying the watch from toro and it is currently with Nick for a service and change of crown. Few months down the line and Trusty drops a bomb shell on his latest newsletter, not only has he managed to get an exclusive agreement he has the watch in every dial combination and in a choice of metals, now I'm considering parting ways with the two I currently have and trying out the new models.

Here are the models I'm considering just now

EDIT: now listed with Toro and other dealers, Toro is offering same watch from same factory with the much more reliable Asian ETA

A83A3FD9-C0BF-47AA-BA0A-F1BFF457CCC0_zpsw8ctsmqo.png

DA7D6AC4-6DFA-4E2E-B016-DBF087DA37E3_zpssgtdapsn.png

13F6111C-8A2F-4FBC-896D-86DBDA62845E_zpsbqtpuwjr.png

5C140AAC-A1DE-424E-A10E-61F389E0E110_zpsniomc7il.png

15ADCE86-D2D6-44D5-AB8A-8D6565123AE6_zps1twr8mde.png

3395BFDD-DCE3-4EB4-9BF3-0F624C364821_zpsjdb1qdg1.png

http://www.trustytime01.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_452

Only available with a Swiss 2836 movement... Decisions decisions...

carter23

Dont get rid of your white gold one with the blue dial. its too nice.

Barth

These new ones are hot...

I just spent some serious money on a StoneP build, otherwise I would have bought one for myself !

GhostInTheFog

These look well made, bezel is good, cyclops looks good. Only problem is gens only come in smooth bezel.. But who cares I'll probably still buy one

I just hope they can get the dates nicely centered on the clone eta like the ones in the videos.

watch.aholic

I got to say that these look really good... The cyclops is much better than dare I say the acclaimed V7 submariner...

Will wait for someone to buy and review so some real pictures can come to the fore.

SamsonAusKognito

Now I see where my money goes at.

Mr_B

Niiice! Might have to get a gold after all.....

These look well made, bezel is good, cyclops looks good. Only problem is gens only come in smooth bezel.. But who cares I'll probably still buy one

I just hope they can get the dates nicely centered on the clone eta like the ones in the videos.

Gen comes in fluted bezel also.

WatchaholicMallorca

Pretty sure the it's only the platinum that comes with the smooth bezel as standard.

It's only a matter of time before I pull the trigger

Pob

This is nice

Member X

+1 to that ^^

No way I can afford 'swiss', though, hurry up with the Asian clone version already!! (and the smooth bezel...)

peteins

When they use a clone ETA and put on a smooth bezel, I'm %100 getting this

GhostInTheFog
Pretty sure the it's only the platinum that comes with the smooth bezel as standard.

It's only a matter of time before I pull the trigger

Yeah this is what I meant, should have specified.

WatchaholicMallorca

I spoke with Trusty and he said that these will only come with the Swiss ETA, not quite sure why, but for now thats all you'll get.

If you want the smooth bezel you'll have to do what I did and get the 41mm.

black263

Only Swiss? Hmmm. Wonder where they are getting the "Swiss" movements from. Didn't realise the factory had a skip load of gen ETA..

megaul

me think me want one

:rolleyes:

wolfwood

Just wait for the clone. Pretty sure it'll come soon.

GhostInTheFog

Toro told me clone eta is on the way, Sead told me it is already available.

Take that as you will..

WatchaholicMallorca

Who do you believe :giggle:

Still considering going for the Swiss....

black263

To all those raving over the Swiss, I remind you of http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=6930

Quote:

"4. Swiss ETA (2836 or whatever): Supposedly the genuine ETA (owned by swatch group) swiss automatic movements. This is a complete lottery. ETA have not been supplying ebauches outside Swatch group for several years now. There are NO new ETA movements in reps any more - only refurbished (usually with Asian parts). On top of that, as anyone who's been in the game for a while should know, factories tell the dealer the spec of the watch they're producing - and the dealers then use that for their sales pitch. That spec often then changes dependent on what parts the factories have available on a particular day - about which they DO NOT inform the dealers. Given that dealers DO NOT take the back off the watch during QC (nor should they), they're as much in the dark about it as you. At best you get a refurbished (i.e. used) movement with asian parts in it. I wouldn't recommend spending extra for ETA in a rep these days - more often than not, you'll be getting an asian clone."

Just because Trusty is a TD, doesn't mean you get what he thinks he's selling. And that bit above about no gen movements being sold outside of the Swatch group for several years was itself written 6 years ago.

Mestaren

Hey watchoholicmallorca, which of your watches is your absolut best rep with best quality?

And where can i buy it?

WatchaholicMallorca
To all those raving over the Swiss, I remind you of http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=6930

Quote:

"4. Swiss ETA (2836 or whatever): Supposedly the genuine ETA (owned by swatch group) swiss automatic movements. This is a complete lottery. ETA have not been supplying ebauches outside Swatch group for several years now. There are NO new ETA movements in reps any more - only refurbished (usually with Asian parts). On top of that, as anyone who's been in the game for a while should know, factories tell the dealer the spec of the watch they're producing - and the dealers then use that for their sales pitch. That spec often then changes dependent on what parts the factories have available on a particular day - about which they DO NOT inform the dealers. Given that dealers DO NOT take the back off the watch during QC (nor should they), they're as much in the dark about it as you. At best you get a refurbished (i.e. used) movement with asian parts in it. I wouldn't recommend spending extra for ETA in a rep these days - more often than not, you'll be getting an asian clone."

Just because Trusty is a TD, doesn't mean you get what he thinks he's selling. And that bit above about no gen movements being sold outside of the Swatch group for several years was itself written 6 years ago.

Yes I know that, that's what is holding me back from pulling the trigger, first thing I look at in a rep is the movement, hence why I shied away from the Daytonas for so long!

WatchaholicMallorca
Hey watchoholicmallorca, which of your watches is your absolut best rep with best quality?

And where can i buy it?

Has to be the JF AP 15400 and the v7 hulk, check the TD list.

Barth

FYI DD40 are available with asian ETA from Toro and ChazingTime among others

WatchaholicMallorca

^^^^ good to know, will go with toro and he's been my go to man since day 1

peteins

No smooth bezels yet though!