Sign in to follow this  
WatchaholicMallorca

New Rolex Daydate 40 now listed with Trusty! (EDIT: Now with other TD's)

lovetrading

I am not sure about the 2 tone plating. I would think they will fade quickly. I saw some watches in the 500-600 range, sellers claim to have 10-15 mm of gold plating. I am not sure what that means. But I guess it wont fade as fast. If I were you I would stick to SS

mindvision

Guys you know what I'm worried about with this model. I once considered buying the 41mm for my ex girlfriend. But the gen bezel looks SO shiny, it's amazing. No way they can replicate that shine without using the same materials.

Right?

black263

I am not sure about the 2 tone plating. I would think they will fade quickly. I saw some watches in the 500-600 range, sellers claim to have 10-15 mm of gold plating. I am not sure what that means. But I guess it wont fade as fast. If I were you I would stick to SS

I think you mean microns. Don't often find a watch with half an inch of gold plating.

WatchaholicMallorca

Guys you know what I'm worried about with this model. I once considered buying the 41mm for my ex girlfriend. But the gen bezel looks SO shiny, it's amazing. No way they can replicate that shine without using the same materials.

Right?

I've got the 41mm in YG and it shines like a good'n, not sure about the fluted bezel in stainless but in the gold's they do shine.

peteins

*** perfect clones is offering smooth bezel but with Swiss ETA*** :D

WatchaholicMallorca

Just checked and Toro also edited his post again, he is also only offering the swiss eta, not Asian as first advertised.

peteins
Just checked and Toro also edited his post again, he is also only offering the swiss eta, not Asian as first advertised.

Yeah I've seen this, do you think the Asian ETA is available at all? Or was this a mistake he made on the website. Its odd because the price has gone up too. Very strange.

It makes me think that the TD's make more money off a "Swiss" ETA over the Asian. And this is why he has taken it off his site

Member X

IMHO I think the movements are unmodded brand new as stated by Trusty

Here is an interesting article if you havn't alredy seen it

"Swatch backpaddles on phasing out watch movement deliveries"

http://www.reuters.c...s-idUSKCN0Z61FZ

haha

Translation: "Oh dear, we're not making enough money so we'll abandon our principles to keep the board members and shareholders happy"

:rofl:

digger2

IMHO I think the movements are unmodded brand new as stated by Trusty

Here is an interesting article if you havn't alredy seen it

"Swatch backpaddles on phasing out watch movement deliveries"

http://www.reuters.c...s-idUSKCN0Z61FZ

haha

Translation: "Oh dear, we're not making enough money so we'll abandon our principles to keep the board members and shareholders happy"

:rofl:

:giggle:

WatchaholicMallorca

Yeah I've seen this, do you think the Asian ETA is available at all? Or was this a mistake he made on the website. Its odd because the price has gone up too. Very strange.

It makes me think that the TD's make more money off a "Swiss" ETA over the Asian. And this is why he has taken it off his site

Yes I think it was a mistake on his behalf, I should think they make more money on the cheaper Asian ETA, although with these Swiss movements they do comand a higher price...

WatchaholicMallorca

Could be true these have gen Swiss movements in them but unfortunately until someone orders one and takes the back off we won't know, and a TD will just tell you what you want to hear :giggle:

watch.aholic
Could be true these have gen Swiss movements in them but unfortunately until someone orders one and takes the back off we won't know, and a TD will just tell you what you want to hear :giggle:

So paradoxically a 'trusted dealer' cannot be fully trusted ;-)

GhostInTheFog

Toro does offer clone ETA. $288 plus shipping.

I know because I have an order out with him. Don't always go by the website, contact them directly and ask.

WatchaholicMallorca

Toro does offer clone ETA. $288 plus shipping.

I know because I have an order out with him. Don't always go by the website, contact them directly and ask.

Good to know, now I can pull the trigger, first time for a quick firesale on M2M, watch out, few beauties coming up this evening

klingooo

These look really good actually. Anyone landed one yet?

tomtom1988

Just a heads up fellas, was browsing through tims pages earlier and he seems to have these watches with the Asian 3255 movement, now I've no idea how reliable that is but from my time in the rep world I do know that Asian ironically is more reliable than Swiss!

WatchaholicMallorca
Just a heads up fellas, was browsing through tims pages earlier and he seems to have these watches with the Asian 3255 movement, now I've no idea how reliable that is but from my time in the rep world I do know that Asian ironically is more reliable than Swiss!

Yes I've heard that toro also has them off his web site for 288$ or so, I'm pulling the trigger this week just not sure if it's yellow gold or Rose!

tomtom1988

Yes I've heard that toro also has them off his web site for 288$ or so, I'm pulling the trigger this week just not sure if it's yellow gold or Rose!

Man it has to be yellow on one of these! Looking forward to the write up! I quiet like the SS with the green dial too!

SamsonAusKognito

They are all absolutely stunning :)

tomtom1988

They really are! Ps Mr Mallorca when's this sale coming up of yours ;)

WatchaholicMallorca

Yeah I'm fancying the YG with the white hex dial, I'm going to sell my current 41mm on m2m once it arrives.

chrismac

Between 30k to 40k for gen, wow..

This is impossible for all people to buy and have the rep without having Mercedes, BMW, Porshe and other luxury car..

If not, this is for collection only.

But i love the rep on pictures, seem the render is good.

I don't know why, the ss with black dial is not in the list, just the One with gray dial..

Rolexwatchman

This is impossible for all people to buy and have the rep without having Mercedes, BMW, Porshe and other luxury car..

Hehe Mercedes and BMW luxury car? Well it depends on which models you meant they are pretty affordable for average people. They are not gonna pay cash money anyway.

WatchaholicMallorca

Hehe Mercedes and BMW luxury car? Well it depends on which models you meant they are pretty affordable for average people. They are not gonna pay cash money anyway.

Very true, I drive a Mercedes and I paid half the value of that gen Daydate :giggle:

For me it depends on why you wear a rep, I buy watches that I enjoy wearing, if my collection was gen it would probably be worth more than my apartment :giggle: :giggle: