Sign in to follow this  
T9000

I got it working...

T9000

My Pam 113 wasn't winding. In the crown-closed position, turning the crown would only move the hands. I was on the edge and desperate...

I'm a complete noob, so I read some 'how tos' on here, bought a few tools and took a deep breath. An hour later and after taking the watch apart, disassembling sections of the movement, almost losing a few microscopic screws (and that tiny spring............jumpy little fucker), reassembling everything and then putting the watch together, I was able to wind it sucessfully.

I'd been close to spending (an admittedly paltry) £40 on a replacement movement, so while this kinda thing is probably like a walk in the park to many of you, I'm feeling pretty frikkin' smug right now.

:fail:

Luthier

You're very brave guy, T9000!!!

I'd never do it myself.

Glad you fixed it.

wombosi

Congrats! Did you find out what caused the trouble?

nunu78

Bravo mate

wat44

well done - I'm not brave enough to attempt it!

T9000

A few things, I think. The setting lever was loose, and the gear (?) wasn't making contact with the setting wheel. The good news was that I didn't have to get in behind the dial, because frankly that would've been me fucked...

T9000
well done - I'm not brave enough to attempt it!

Well...........a new movement can be had for £40 delivered, so I figured "what's the worse that could happen..?" and fortunately it didn't.

wombosi

A few things, I think. The setting lever was loose, and the gear (?) wasn't making contact with the setting wheel. The good news was that I didn't have to get in behind the dial, because frankly that would've been me fucked...

A bit like this? :fail:

T9000

A bit like this? :)

Yeah. I don't know how to remove the dial / hands, for a start... :)

MikeMcNair

where do you find the movement for 40 bones? just curious.

T9000
where do you find the movement for 40 bones? just curious.

I found a few sources, eBay being one of them.

wombosi

Overlooked that you didn't remove the dial, probably not a loose winding pinion which caused the problem then. Anyway, good to hear your where able to fix it!

T9000

Overlooked that you didn't remove the dial, probably not a loose winding pinion which caused the problem then. Anyway, good to hear your where able to fix it!

Thanks. I think that simply taking stuff off and then putting everything back together and tightening the screws did the trick...............a bit like re-booting your computer before you call the repair guy out for a fault :)