Sign in to follow this  
cereal killer

planet ocean numeral fallen off

TRANSPORTER

I think the main problem is that there are a number of us that do tinker and some of us go further and are quite competent repairers and our posts show this. Other members without the tools and confidence etc etc would be inclined to ask us to do the work for them, but as has been said its a minefield, I personally would love to do some of the jobs that members need doing so they don't have to junk a watch or risk sending it back to China but there's always a risk, one day I might be willing to accept that risk.

BadPickle

Steering this thread away from the likes of TRANSPORTER and GeNiTLe who are blatantly self promoting here and in my opinion should be put into the gulag and if the mods can't see it they need to lay off all the cheap Chinese wine sent from the td's as a freebie... because that's exactly where these wannabee tinkerers end up... SSTEAL, D_chico, olly, etc........

back on topic, it's a reletively easy fix OP, maybe try the smallest spec of gs hypo cement ( the stuff created in the 1930's for use in the jewellery and watchmaking industry) and let's steer well clear of all the ridiculous advice from the wannabee's with regards to using 2part epoxy :facepalm:

Watch some YouTube vids about taking a movement out of its case, leave the hands on but hack the movement so it's not running, apply gs hypo with a pin and locate the numeral into its pin holes...

Softly softly catchy monkey :thumbsup:

Good luck CK :D

Lagger
Steering this thread away from the likes of TRANSPORTER and GeNiTLe who are blatantly self promoting here and in my opinion should be put into the gulag and if the mods can't see it they need to lay off all the cheap Chinese wine sent from the td's as a freebie... because that's exactly where these wannabee tinkerers end up... SSTEAL, D_chico, olly, etc........

back on topic, it's a reletively easy fix OP, maybe try the smallest spec of gs hypo cement ( the stuff created in the 1930's for use in the jewellery and watchmaking industry) and let's steer well clear of all the ridiculous advice from the wannabee's with regards to using 2part epoxy :facepalm:

Watch some YouTube vids about taking a movement out of its case, leave the hands on but hack the movement so it's not running, apply gs hypo with a pin and locate the numeral into its pin holes...

Stu, what are you trying to say, stop beating around the bush and say it!:-)

TRANSPORTER

I'm hurt, really really hurt, mate id love to work on members watches if only to help save them money and time trying to find a watchsmith who is rep friendly, but like I said it can be a mine field and time isn't on my side, maybe it seemed like self promoting but I wasn't intending it to be, and I don't think GenTLe was meaning it either. Anyway hopefully the OP can get things sorted out.

RUSH2112

Happened to my PO. I sent it to Katt and he fixed it quickly and cheaply. I love watches but have no interest in learning to work on them or compiling the tools necessary to do so. Good luck.

Dendo

As PBR says this is an easy fix. Just take your time and enjoy the experience and satisfaction of fixing it yourself.

If you mess it up - put it down to experience - its only a rep.

PhillyRock

I am a tinkerer, and extremely mechanically inclined but I would advise you to just send it out for a fix.

Having swapped movements, replaced balance assemblies and doctored up my own watches it's not something

I would recommend. I've ruined countless watches in order to get as experienced as I am. Unless you're willing to

scrap that watch if things go south, forget it.

Just send it out my friend, save yourself the headache. The tools alone would cost as much as the repair.

You're looking at $35-$60 tops for the repair. (based upon the people I know whom fix watches)

The micro tools needed for watch repair start at $100.00. for a basic set.

NCRich

Hey hey I was blatantly self promoting too. What does one have to do around here to get slammed?

JSJ

Hey hey I was blatantly self promoting too. What does one have to do around here to get slammed?

Fuck off and stop touting for work.

ReplicaFromDownunder

My po did that. Just remove the dial and refit. Don't use any glue. I am noob as, you can manage. Chill with it and alcohol

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

ryaku

Folks here already described the steps: remove caseback, remove the stem, remove the movement block, remove hands and dial.

Re attach the marker (there are 2 pins), apply a tiny quantity of hypo cement on the back side of the dial.

Don't try to fix it yourself if you have zero experience with watches. If you don't have decent tools and some practice you will mark hands and dial for sure and probably you ll mess up with the keyless work.

cereal killer

after much thought I decided I'd trust it with another member to fix and Rolie has very kindly offered to fix it for me. I think I may have made a mess of it at some stage had I tried myself.

cereal killer

this is now back safe and sound after very Rolie sorted it out for me and I'm told that it wasnt a major hands dial removal job, although im still glad i didnt attempt this one myself.

BadPickle

We love it when a plan comes together!!

:ttiwwop: