Sign in to follow this  
wellesson

waterproofing the noob PO

wellesson

Apart from greasing the back and stem sealings, is there anything that needs to be done with the HE valve? Does the he-valve even go through the case and in to the movement area ? When turning it, it doesnt feel like it goes against a sealing hence my question.

Thanks!

TRANSPORTER

A lot of people use two part epoxy on the inside of the faux HE valve to seal them completly, just a word of warning, I took a short cut the other week and just greased seals etc without pressure testing and at a depth of 3 metres I had a leak, only found out a week later, I have successfully sorted the movement and all is ok, and now I've pressure tested the watch aswell, I had trapped the seal when replacing the back, so be careful ok

wellesson

but is it rly drilled through on the latest noob ? doesnt feel like there is a sealing in it

TRANSPORTER

You'll have to take the movement out and have a look on the inside of the case mate to see if its drilled all the way through, then you will be able to tell how much if any waterproofing you are going to need.