Sign in to follow this  
jakethemouse

What do you think of these dials?

jakethemouse

Hello all,

I'm looking at starting a DJ or Daytona build and wanted to know what you all think of these Yuki dials. If you got real life pictures, used these dials or have recommendations for better dials please post your feedback.

DJ Pie Pan

https://yukiwatch.ecwid.com/#!/Rolex-Silver-1601-Non-Quick-Set-Pie-Pan-Dial/p/59848408/category=20728291

364787356.jpg

PN 6263 Daytona - are these fantasy dials?

https://yukiwatch.ecwid.com/#!/Rolex-Gold-Daytona-Paul-Newman-6263-dial-Ivory-eye/p/55853043/category=20654222

314254558.jpg

312408983.jpg

Thanks,

Peter

Daywatch

Dial is a major part of the watch, so I´d prioritize it in detriment of other parts that may or may not be upgraded later.

For the Datejust imho it´s worth to double the budget (or more?), wait, and to look for the right gen dial to come along.

For the Daytona I´d start around here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BC6uTUaBgrf/?taken-by=tonnywatches&hl=en

(for buying mail and ask but it´s well north or starting at $200 I´d suppose)

fatarms

It all depends on what you are willing to accept when it comes to flaws. There are some that will study the 5's in the subdial @9 to see if a dial is gen. On an older Newman or that era dial, the subdial at 9 has two slightly different 5's in the 15 and 45 markers. These look to be the same. Then again, no one is going to get that close to the watch that they'd notice it. And how many people in this world would you think to even compare two numbers in the same subdial to see if a dial is gen...

In other words, don't overthink it. If it makes you happy, go for it.

GC
It all depends on what you are willing to accept when it comes to flaws. There are some that will study the 5's in the subdial @9 to see if a dial is gen. On an older Newman or that era dial, the subdial at 9 has two slightly different 5's in the 15 and 45 markers. These look to be the same. Then again, no one is going to get that close to the watch that they'd notice it. And how many people in this world would you think to even compare two numbers in the same subdial to see if a dial is gen...

In other words, don't overthink it. If it makes you happy, go for it.

Ha! Not that many people know about the different 5's in the subdial @9...

I believe only DW dials have the correct different 5's.

IMG_20160606_123913_zps0szbim5h.jpg

fatarms

That is probably one of the least known differences between rep and gen dials for these watches. I'd venture to guess that over half the people who collect these era watches (rep or gen) would even know to look for the difference in the 5's. That's why I say just go for what makes you happy.

jakethemouse

Learn something new everyday.

I'll try and holdout for a good dial on the bay.

I still think the Yuki Dials look good just wanted to see some real world photos of them :)