Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Omega PloProf 21J (v1.5 / 2)

greg_r

I've been wanting a ploprof for a while, although I was never sure exactly how much wrist time it would get. I therefore decided that a 21J would suit my needs well.

The original 21J version of the plop, however, was pretty crappy and didn't have much to recommend it. However, when the V2 Plop came out, they also introduced a 21J version. It's not quite the full v2, though, as they have the original v1 clasp and the bezel lock button does not work on this version. Neither aspect particularly bothered me, so on the basis that I can always upgrade to a better one later if I really find myself wearing this a lot, I decided to go for it.

Cost was $148.

The first thing I did when it arrived was rip off the rubber strap (I hate rubber bands) and replace it with a cheapie mesh that I had laying about. If the watch ends up being a keeper, I'll replace it with something a bit more gen-like down the road so that I can use the Omega clasp with it.

Overall, I'm impressed. Quality of the case is good and the watch is nice and heavy - whilst not feeling quite as bulky as I had expected (it's theoretically larger than my Rotary aquaspeed, but feels about the same size).

I've no idea what the lume is like yet as I've only had this thing about half an hour, but reports suggest that it's decent. Overall, a better than average cheapie - I'm constantly impressed by the quality of some of our cheaper reps these days and this is no exception.

Anyhow, how much wear it's gonna get, I dunno. The AP that also arrived today found its way onto my wrist and doesn't seem to want to leave for now. I'll maybe give the Plop a chance tomorrow :D

Here's some pics to be going on with:

omega_ploprof21j_1.jpg

omega_ploprof21j_back.jpg

ploprof21j_w.jpg

KeNnY

Yay for Greg !!! :D WELCOME TO THE PLOP CLUB! :D Nice watch and strap, but too bad, that you will be unable to fit the Omega deploying claps on that mesh strap :D It is 24mm all the way no ? I will today post pictures of my Meshy Plop :) It is great watch !

greg_r
Yay for Greg !!! :D WELCOME TO THE PLOP CLUB! :D Nice watch and strap, but too bad, that you will be unable to fit the Omega deploying claps on that mesh strap :D It is 24mm all the way no ? I will today post pictures of my Meshy Plop :) It is great watch !

That's why I said that this mesh is temporary - it's not that well suited to the watch anyhow. If I decide that the plop is going to get a fair amount of wear, I'll buy the suppaparts mesh.

KeNnY

Why don't you like rubber ? I was also not so quite a fan of rubber in the first time, but it feels great also on the watch :D give it a try ! :) well you have FAR FAR more watches than me,.. currently I have 3 watches (Plop, Sub, and damaged DSSD) :D

Cynikal.Mindset

who did you buy from Greg? and does anybody know the correct way for the white bezel version lume to work, should the whole bezel be lumed with black numbers or should the numbers only be lumed? next paycheque I'm getting a plop...just need to know correct lume

greg_r

I have no intention of giving it a try - I hate rubber straps. The only one I've ever managed to tolerate (and that only barely) is the Breit Ocean Racer band, which is a bit less tacky than most. Still nasty though. The mesh I pictured above is going back on my SOH when it gets back from BL, which is the point where I'll need to buy another mesh...

KeNnY

Also greg noticed that you have also the 1 piece back like on the V1. Wondering how is the bezel in V1 printed, the luminous markers and numbers.. But still for this price, nice piece of metal :D already hit 3x doors and 1x table with it, and still working and no scratches :D

Cynikal.Mindset the White is nice with every lume you can get, it looks so "DISCO" :) you can always repaint the Numbers.. If the numbers will be separate section of the bezel like on the V2

Cynikal.Mindset

Kenny, I love the way the whole bezel lights up on the white one but if its wrong I wanna have it be right, you know what I mean?

like this?

OMG07003_OMEGA_PLOPROF_8500WU5_SS_SWISS_2834_(4)__95513_zoom.JPG

KeNnY

THIS LOOKS AWESOME !!! TAKE IT ! :D

btw the logo has got happy feet so it is V1 still :D

dingle

no good can come of this.....

:D

nunu78

Nice watch, Greg. May I know which dealer provide you this beauty.

Cynikal.Mindset

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this watch came from Josh

greg_r
THIS LOOKS AWESOME !!! TAKE IT ! :lmao2:

btw the logo has got happy feet so it is V1 still :)

No, it's not V1.

It's not quite a v2 either. You could call it a "v1.5' if you must as it uses parts from both versions. The v1 21j plop is a very different watch with a completely different dial and case. Much lower quality.

KeNnY
No, it's not V1.

It's not quite a v2 either. You could call it a "v1.5' if you must as it uses parts from both versions. The v1 21j plop is a very different watch with a completely different dial and case. Much lower quality.

The V1 is the Picture is the Cynikal.Mindset picture of the White version.. There is still not updated logo :lmao2:

I know that your is good logo and understand you :)

greg_r

whoops - sorry Kenny, misunderstood what you were saying. :lmao2:

nunu78
whoops - sorry Kenny, misunderstood what you were saying. :lmao2:

Hey G,may i know the dealer name please.

greg_r
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this watch came from Josh

Nice guess, no cigar :lmao2:

Close though - Andrew :)

Cynikal.Mindset
THIS LOOKS AWESOME !!! TAKE IT ! :lmao2:

btw the logo has got happy feet so it is V1 still :)

I think that picture is old cuz lay said he doesn't have the old version any more...maybe his v1.5 didn't get the updated dial though...who knows

KeNnY
I think that picture is old cuz lay said he doesn't have the old version any more...maybe his v1.5 didn't get the updated dial though...who knows

I don't know if the white dials are updated now or not... best way would be ask him :lmao2:

Greg: No problem :)

sfa437

I can't take my Ploprof off (got the V2 Ultimate now). Nothing else is getting wrist time whatsoever.

BTW ya got a PM about the strap :lmao2:

Dendo

Nice watch Greg.

Kinda feel I need a PLOP ...... now that sounds rather coprophilic.

Guess I am on the right board :lmao2:

nunu78
I can't take my Ploprof off (got the V2 Ultimate now). Nothing else is getting wrist time whatsoever.

BTW ya got a PM about the strap :lmao2:

My friend may i know the dealer name.

greg_r

nunu: I already answered that question, mate. Read up a few posts - it was Andrew

greg_r

BTW ya got a PM about the strap :)

hehe - I'm not quite feeling the love yet - liking the watch a lot, but it hasn't really grabbed me. OTOH I've only had it on my wrist a few minutes (the AP I got in the same package is AWESOME! :lmao2:)

However, I have a feeling it will grow on me once I start wearing it...

Balad1

Great :-(

Now I got the hots to buy another watch, lol.