Sign in to follow this  
Stormcrow

Which Rolex from timeshop offer? (EDIT)

mspangl

id go for an IWC portuguese

depending on ur budget you could get a portuguese chrono with either A7750 movement and have it serviced!

or either you could contact a guy called concepta who offers genuine dial, movement, hands..

here a pic of one of concepta's builds (quoting an rwi thread here)

portu007bejd.jpg

portuandothers029xegj.jpg

and a wristshot compared to a hublot

portuandothers047uhwf.jpg

Stormcrow

depending on ur budget you could get a portuguese chrono with either A7750 movement and have it serviced!

or either you could contact a guy called concepta who offers genuine dial, movement, hands..

PHOTO

PHOTO

PHOTO

That watch is amazing! It was the first watch I was looking at when I discovered reps!

EDIT: Im guessing it will be way out of my budget of 200$ though ;) Ill have to stick to a rolex for now probably

Edited by Stormcrow

Stormcrow

I have almost made my descision. I am looking at a rolex from timeshops offer. I have the choice of the Submariner or the Datejust.

I would like the one that has the least difference from gen. Could you please suggest which is the best from the two threads below? Thank you.

Rolex SUB offer

Datejust II offer

Edited by Stormcrow

Member X

Personally, looking at the options, I would go for either of the following:

Clone ETA Sub with non-ceramic bezel for $108 (ref RO6524) $108

No worries with the bezel lume dot being misaligned like it is on the ceramic version, although none of the Noobfactory models have aligned rehaut engraving (but it's not that obvious on the wrist).

Clone ETA GMT2 (ref RO1174) $130

Not a sub but apparently a very good rep, but you'll have to check reviews for pics of the rehaut as I can't remember if it's aligned!

Clone ETA DJII with silver dial and Roman Numerals $158

http://www.timeshops.net/product.php?id_product=7752

A classic, rehaut engraving lines up near perfectly on tthe DJIIs, no worries on lume as numeral markers, and the dial is not a flat colour and should look great in the sun :huh:

41mm does wear quite large though, whereas the black bezel of the Sub or GMT seems to make a smaller dial and therefore it looks smaller.

Overall it's up to you which you like more - I have bought things before because other people have said they're a good rep, and while they're nice to have, you don't love them like you do a watch you really like.

Whatever happens, no rep is perfect and you have to be prepared to be called out if you're wearing them in meetings or the office. Unless there is some Rolex ultra-geek who knows the catalogues and model details inside out, generally if you act like it's real and don't get cagey about it (or flashy) most people won't question it. And if they do, you can say "So you think it looks fake?" and if they say yes, ask "Why is that then?" and, whatever they say, go "oh right, I see..." with a bemused look that could be pity and amusement or a knowing smile, and leave it at that :Whistle:

(I have to say, I would be tempted to find the extra $100 and order the $158 DJIi, the $108 sub, pay the $30 for EMS and have two great watches for $296 (+5% if you pay by PayPal). At $150-ish each all-in, that's a good result ;) )

It's up to you!! :Whistle:

Stormcrow
Personally, looking at the options, I would go for either of the following:

Clone ETA Sub with non-ceramic bezel for $108 (ref RO6524) $108

No worries with the bezel lume dot being misaligned like it is on the ceramic version, although none of the Noobfactory models have aligned rehaut engraving (but it's not that obvious on the wrist).

Clone ETA GMT2 (ref RO1174) $130

Not a sub but apparently a very good rep, but you'll have to check reviews for pics of the rehaut as I can't remember if it's aligned!

Clone ETA DJII with silver dial and Roman Numerals $158

http://www.timeshops.net/product.php?id_product=7752

A classic, rehaut engraving lines up near perfectly on tthe DJIIs, no worries on lume as numeral markers, and the dial is not a flat colour and should look great in the sun :huh:

41mm does wear quite large though, whereas the black bezel of the Sub or GMT seems to make a smaller dial and therefore it looks smaller.

Overall it's up to you which you like more - I have bought things before because other people have said they're a good rep, and while they're nice to have, you don't love them like you do a watch you really like.

Whatever happens, no rep is perfect and you have to be prepared to be called out if you're wearing them in meetings or the office. Unless there is some Rolex ultra-geek who knows the catalogues and model details inside out, generally if you act like it's real and don't get cagey about it (or flashy) most people won't question it. And if they do, you can say "So you think it looks fake?" and if they say yes, ask "Why is that then?" and, whatever they say, go "oh right, I see..." with a bemused look that could be pity and amusement or a knowing smile, and leave it at that :Whistle:

(I have to say, I would be tempted to find the extra $100 and order the $158 DJIi, the $108 sub, pay the $30 for EMS and have two great watches for $296 (+5% if you pay by PayPal). At $150-ish each all-in, that's a good result ;) )

It's up to you!! :Whistle:

The white Clone ETA DJII with silver dial and Roman Numerals $158 is stunning!!!

I couldn't find the other two... I do apologise, but could you please post a link?

Thank you!

EDIT:

I found the following with the ref, but they appear to be a lot more:

Clone ETA Sub with non-ceramic bezel for $108 (ref RO6524) $108 >>> $250?

Clone ETA GMT2 (ref RO1174) $130 >>> $238?

Im pretty sure I haven't found the right ones? :s

Edited by Stormcrow

mspangl

PHOTO

PHOTO

PHOTO

That watch is amazing! It was the first watch I was looking at when I discovered reps!

EDIT: Im guessing it will be way out of my budget of 200$ though :huh: Ill have to stick to a rolex for now probably

true.. there are some inaccurate fantasy gen portuguese ones out there for cheap

the concepta build would be around 1500$ i think

Stormcrow

PHOTO

PHOTO

PHOTO

EDIT: Im guessing it will be way out of my budget of 200$ though :huh: Ill have to stick to a rolex for now probably

true.. there are some inaccurate fantasy gen portuguese ones out there for cheap

the concepta build would be around 1500$ i think

I can dream ey? Maybe one day!

I'm just looking to find the link for the above two rolexs Member X ^^^ suggested, before placing order.

Thank for taking the time to reply.

Member X
I couldn't find the other two... I do apologise, but could you please post a link?

Thank you!

EDIT:

Nope, you haven't found the right ones :Whistle::huh: lol

In the links there, the sub is the swiss movement, hence always more money, and the GMT is the 'asian copy rolex' movement that is, to be blunt, a waste of money as it's just got some pretty coloured cogs and a stick-on rotor plate to make it look more 'gen' (but it's going to fool no-one who has the back off to work on it...)

I was referring to the link you posted earlier, to the Timeshops Special Offer thread on here!

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6769

Or, at least, it was in one of your posts but I think you've changed the shortcut to point to the TS website ;)

You should be able to see the references and options in that thread, and I think how to make contact and pay, too. :Whistle:

Stormcrow

Thank you!

EDIT:

Nope, you haven't found the right ones ;):D lol

In the links there, the sub is the swiss movement, hence always more money, and the GMT is the 'asian copy rolex' movement that is, to be blunt, a waste of money as it's just got some pretty coloured cogs and a stick-on rotor plate to make it look more 'gen' (but it's going to fool no-one who has the back off to work on it...)

I was referring to the link you posted earlier, to the Timeshops Special Offer thread on here!

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=6769

Or, at least, it was in one of your posts but I think you've changed the shortcut to point to the TS website ;)

You should be able to see the references and options in that thread, and I think how to make contact and pay, too. :)

My mistake there! I should have stated what I changed in the edit, I realised that the thread was from 2010 - so I thought it might be out of date. I am sorry. Please accept my apologies.

I think I have found them now. Will post my final three shortlist soon. This is getting exciting!

Stormcrow

Thank you all for your help - especially Member X for the final few suggestions.

I have narrowed it down to two options.

Option 1: Clone ETA DJII with silver dial and Roman Numerals: $158

As nice as this watch is - I can't find this dial or silver numerals on the offical site :S The black dial is more comparable to the gen - and that is of importance. Is there any other differences I should expect?

1n4Es.jpgmdnKv.jpg

_________________ 7IfCX.png (this is gen pic)

Option 2: Clone ETA Sub with non-ceramic bezel: $108

2Lim8.jpg

Option 3: I can't find the 'Clone ETA GMT2' on the timeshop webpage, so will assume it is out of stock.

A few final questions:

What is an 'aligned rehaut engraving'?

What do we mean by 'bezel lume dot being misaligned'?

(and for anyone new to this - I would still love any other rolex options that look very close to gen for under $200 - just incase I missed something amazing - which I doubt - had a lot of excellent suggestions already!)

Member X

Well, if you HAVE to have one 100% accurate to the gen then you only have these options:

20110306005a.jpg

20110306006a.jpg

None of which are very cheap...

20110306007a.jpg

Can you carry off a £5-6k watch?

The silver numerals dial is based on a DJ (original size) I think, it might be on the website. Personally I think I prefer it to the larger, brasher arabic number versions, even if it is a 'fantasy' dial! Also, the lume on reps is generally crap - on a gen it will glow brightly. If you get the stick dial, there is the tiniest risk it might not glow 'enough' coming into a dark room from outside, and someone may notice.

It really is up to you. The black dial with sticks looks pretty accurate, the rehaut lines up (the engraved ROLEXROLEXROLEX round the 'wall' of metal that goes round the border of the dial, that the crystal rests on), and there's no luminous dot at 12 (like on the Sub bezel) to be misaligned. Or go for the silver dial with blue numbers. The rest of the TS versions don't seem to tie up with the gen brochure, but then you could always say it was a custom dial - they do exist, they're all over ebay, for example.

Whatever happens, someone will probably call you out - it's a Rolex, everyone knows Rolex are faked. They will think they're smart or trying to show you up, and may say it's too heavy / too light / the dial is wrong etc etc, but they're generally just fishing. Act relaxed, like it's gen, and people will have no reason to disbelieve you. (Although generally people on here won't specifically state it's gen, just leave the gen/rep thing unsaid if people ask :D)

nunu78

Hi X,

how you doun mate,is your explorer is 21j?

Member X

My 2010 Exolorer 1? Is Clone ETA :)

Member X

DAMMIT

I think I need to buy the deep blue one now I've been looking at them... ;):facepalm::rofl:

Stormcrow
DAMMIT

I think I need to buy the deep blue one now I've been looking at them... ;):facepalm::rofl:

haha! which one? the one with the roman numerals?

Member X

The stick dial one - I'm a sucker for blue dials anyway and the DJIIs are a great rep so it seems a bit silly to miss the boat!!

I need to work out finances...

GC

If i may make a suggestion...

If it's your first Rep, first Rolex and you are in your 20's i would get this one! It has everything! New Maxi Case, Maxi Dial/Markers, and a Ceramic Bezel. It's one of the absolute best Reps IMO, perfect size/weight/presence.

The Rolex GMTIIc (i own this one, also got it from TS and it will blow you away quality wise and how Gen it looks and feels)

Even opting for the one with a Swiss ETA 2836 movt will be in your price range @ $185 or the Asian 2836 @ $130

6431-51346-thickbox.jpg

here is the link: http://www.timeshops.net/product.php?id_product=6431

You will thank me later!