Sign in to follow this  
Stormcrow

Which Rolex from timeshop offer? (EDIT)

Stormcrow

EDIT 3:

I have almost made my descision. I am looking at a rolex from timeshops offer. I have the choice of the Submariner or the Datejust.

I would like the one that has the least difference from gen. Could you please suggest which is the best from the two threads below? Thank you.

Rolex SUB offer

Datejust II offer

________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT 2:

I have taken the advice of Del, Member X and many others. Thank you!

I will be making a purchase of timeshops special offer Rolex. Which in this thread looks the closest to the gen do you think?

I have read this guide on mvmts but still unsure - considering this will be my main watch and I want it to be as genuinue as possible, without wasting money, what MVT would you suggest?

________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT:

Progress so far:

I really like this Rolex Datejust II 41mm.

UU8oq.jpg

Problem is: I don't want a rolex... what are my alternatives?

Hi everyone,

I know nothing about replicas (or watches for that matter!) I had been looking to purchase a replica watch, and then I found this site! There are soo many options, and soo much to choose from. I literally cannot decide.

I would like to ask for your help.

I would like to buy an everyday watch. I am in my twenties and have a budjet of $200.

I am open to all suggestions.

I understand that some may say, its up to you, and ultimatly I will decide. But I would like request the advice of all you knowledgeable members here who know a lot more than me.

A link to the watch would be perfect.

(Member X was very helpful and developed ideas - I was looking at the IWC 1939, but think its a bit big for my arm - about 6.5 inches)

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Stormcrow

pollux1

Which style do you prefer? Sports, dress etc?

Stormcrow
Which style do you prefer? Sports, dress etc?

Thanks for you reply pollux1.

Dress - but I want to wear it everyday at work, so don't want it to be too formal.

Slim

Quite honestly unless you really feel you need to have something that looks (without close inspection) like it's worth a lot more, your money will go further on an inexpensive genuine item for an 'everyday' watch.

As you might have read from reading through the site, replica watches can be a bit of a lottery and problems are common. If you do want to have a replica as an everyday watch though, I would suggest something with a quartz movement, for accuracy and reliability.

But you could get a nice used Seiko diver (for example) for that.

Stormcrow
Quite honestly unless you really feel you need to have something that looks (without close inspection) like it's worth a lot more, your money will go further on an inexpensive genuine item for an 'everyday' watch.

As you might have read from reading through the site, replica watches can be a bit of a lottery and problems are common. If you do want to have a replica as an everyday watch though, I would suggest something with a quartz movement, for accuracy and reliability.

But you could get a nice used Seiko diver (for example) for that.

I understand, but like the idea of having something that looks a lot more than its worth ;)

But not as much as a Patek, not want people to get the wrong idea about me.

EDIT: Thank you for your reply Slim.

Edited by Stormcrow

Del

I'd recommend one of the new 41mm Rolex Datejusts that Timesshop have on special offer here. Probably the Asian clone 2836-2 movement at $158 is the ideal choice for you imho :rofl:.

It's a classic design with choices in black, white or blue face and different hour marker types so you should find a combo you like. It won't be too big on your small wrist either and could be dressed up or down.

I don't have one but if I was buying my choice would be the black face with numerical hour markers here for that contemporary look.

Happy watch hunting ;)

3xrock

I understand, but like the idea of having something that looks a lot more than its worth ;)

But not as much as a Patek, not want people to get the wrong idea about me.

EDIT: Thank you for your reply Slim.

I suggest some of the Tags,

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...p?showforum=148

Edited by 3xrock

SteveR123

I'd suggest looking at some of the Pam's, Officine Panerai that is. Sporty and elegant and unlike a rep Rolex most people won't immediately think it's likely a fake.

Good luck!

pollux1

Datejust II is a good rep but be sure to get one matching the gen, there a re a lot of fantasy models out there

Stormcrow
I'd recommend one of the new 41mm Rolex Datejusts that Timesshop have on special offer here. Probably the Asian clone 2836-2 movement at $158 is the ideal choice for you imho :rofl:.

It's a classic design with choices in black, white or blue face and different hour marker types so you should find a combo you like. It won't be too big on your small wrist either and could be dressed up or down.

I don't have one but if I was buying my choice would be the black face with numerical hour markers here for that contemporary look.

Happy watch hunting ;)

Thank you for your reply Del! You got any watches inside your jacket? haha

I like the look of the Rolex. and good price too at $158. I hear a lot of people taking about the movement, is the Asian clone 2836-2 movement worth it?

Also, should I PM the user here for more pics? or from the website? (is asking for more pics considered rude?)

Thanks again!

Stormcrow
I'd suggest looking at some of the Pam's, Officine Panerai that is. Sporty and elegant and unlike a rep Rolex most people won't immediately think it's likely a fake.

Good luck!

Thank you for your reply SteverR123.

I totally agree with this and have seen loads of stunning photos here.

Can you suggest a Pam model? Thank you.

Datejust II is a good rep but be sure to get one matching the gen, there a re a lot of fantasy models out there

Keeping this is mind, I think it would be better to avoid a rolex, nice as the model is!

Thank you.

____

Edit: I really like the rolex, so its on the shortlist, I have the weekend to decide and will place order on Monday.

Can anyone suggest a Panerai? I dont want it to be too big.

EDIT 2: Have been looking at Del's review of the PAM288! Love it... but I think it will be too big on my wrist...

Edited by Stormcrow

SteveR123

Check this thread for lots of pics and suggestions on Pams as a first purchase.

Pam thread

Stormcrow
Check this thread for lots of pics and suggestions on Pams as a first purchase.

Pam thread

Did you end up buying one? If so, may I ask, which one?

Del

Happy watch hunting ;)

I like the look of the Rolex. and good price too at $158. I hear a lot of people taking about the movement, is the Asian clone 2836-2 movement worth it?

Also, should I PM the user here for more pics? or from the website? (is asking for more pics considered rude?)

Thanks again!

I thought there were enough photos of this watch on the website to decide if you like it or not so don't see the point in asking for more.

The Asian clone movement is a good movement.

SteveR123

I haven't pulled the trigger quite yet, I have 3 other watches inbound at the moment and soon my wife will be making me sleep in the garage if many more watches show up. But as soon as I get a chance I'll be ordering this one Pam 005 Most of the trusted dealers on here should be able to sell you this or any watch you choose. This one, however at 218 plus shipping is a little over your $200 limit. If you search the dealers websites or listing here on rwg, there are lots of beautiful Pams well within your budget.

Cheers

Stormcrow

Happy watch hunting ;)

Thanks again!

I thought there were enough photos of this watch on the website to decide if you like it or not so don't see the point in asking for more.

The Asian clone movement is a good movement.

You're right. The watch is nice, and at 41mm a good size .

The Pam's are all very big ~ 45mm and I dont think they would look good on me... I can't seem to find many smaller one's, any other suggestions?

Stormcrow
I haven't pulled the trigger quite yet, I have 3 other watches inbound at the moment and soon my wife will be making me sleep in the garage if many more watches show up. But as soon as I get a chance I'll be ordering this one Pam 005 Most of the trusted dealers on here should be able to sell you this or any watch you choose. This one, however at 218 plus shipping is a little over your $200 limit. If you search the dealers websites or listing here on rwg, there are lots of beautiful Pams well within your budget.

Cheers

They are all very nice, could probably stretch the budjet a little if VERY nice. But its still 44mm, I think it would be a little big.

SteveR123

Take your time to search for the right one, patience in this hobby is a 'must-have' attribute and certainly pays off in many ways. There is a ton of info in this forum, spend some Time searching and reading through the older posts, you'll be glad you did once the trigger is pulled and that watch arrives in all it's glory!! :lol:

Enjoy, and remember...the search for that perfect watch is 21% of the fun in this hobby!

Stormcrow
Take your time to search for the right one, patience in this hobby is a 'must-have' attribute and certainly pays off in many ways. There is a ton of info in this forum, spend some Time searching and reading through the older posts, you'll be glad you did once the trigger is pulled and that watch arrives in all it's glory!! :lol:

Enjoy, and remember...the search for that perfect watch is 21% of the fun in this hobby!

Thanks again pal! I think your absoloutly right... where did 21% come from?

Stormcrow

Progress so far:

I really like this Rolex Datejust II 41mm. here

Problem is: I don't want a rolex... what are my alternatives?

SteveR123

21% is from this Poll..

Cheers

Member X

Ok, in order to illustrate sizes, I present comparisons against each other and some wristies on my 6.75" wrist :)

Left to right:

PAM homage 44mm, Rolex 2010 Explorer 1 39mm, IWC Portuguese 1939 43-44mm, Glashutte Senator Sixties 43mm(ish) (x2), Rolex Explorer II homage 40mm(ish) (x2), PAM Homage 44mm, Rolex Submariner Homage 41mm, Tag Heuer thing (not sure of the model lol) 43mm(ish).

20110305001m.jpg

20110305002.jpg

20110305003.jpg

Relative thicknesses:

2010 Explorer 1, Glashutte Senator Sixties, IWC Portuguese 1939, PAM 44mm homage

20110305004.jpg

2010 Explorer 1, Explorer II homage, Submariner Homage

20110305005.jpg

20110305006.jpg

20110305007.jpg

20110305008.jpg

20110305009.jpg

Note how the white/silver dial wears larger than the black dial!

20110305010.jpg

Hope that's some help. I still think you need to go for a Rolex - nothing else is as 'discreet' and wears as small despite not being small, and they're not completely silly money so it wouldn't look completely out of place or like something you couldn't have bought with a bit of saving up.

Stormcrow
Hope that's some help. I still think you need to go for a Rolex - nothing else is as 'discreet' and wears as small despite not being small, and they're not completely silly money so it wouldn't look completely out of place or like something you couldn't have bought with a bit of saving up.

Thanks for taking the time to post those pictures. That is an impressive watch collection! I hope mine is like that one day!

I will be making a purchase of timeshops special offer Rolex. Which in this thread looks the closest to the gen do you think?

I have read this guide on MVTs but still unsure - considering this will be my main watch and I want it to be as genuine as possible, without wasting money, what MVT would you suggest?

I also like the Rolex (oyster perpetual) in Member X's collection, the one without the date... Is that more expensive? Or would I be able to find one that looks very close to gen in my $200 budget?

EDIT: spelling

Edited by Stormcrow

KBH

If you get a Datejust, don't worry too much about the dial accuracy. Rolex has made over 300 different DJ dials in the past and it's one watch that no one can keep up with all the optional dials. Even in the new 41mm size, it's way too confusing to try to figure out how exact it is. It's not like a Submariner or most of the other models where there is just one dial to worry about. Just pick the one you like.

Also, the ETA clone is best for the money should you be planning on keeping it for a while. In the long run you'll probably be disappointed with the 21j model. The second hand sweep just isn't smooth as it should be at 6 beats per second while the gen is 8 bps..

Stormcrow

Thank you KBH for letting me know the proper name of the Rolex Submariner.

Going to try and find a black dial submariner rep, would prefer this, as you said I have only one gen dial style to worry about here.