Sign in to follow this  
sailmarblehead

Need Advice on Rolex GMT Master II Replacement Bracelet

sailmarblehead

I just received a Rolex GMT rep with a broken bracelet and its irreparable --- Can anyone make a suggestion as to where I should look to get a replacement?

ShovelnTC

What is the damage and why is it irrepairable?

RepGuy

Pictures will get you far more responses as to possible solutions.

Simms

I know that Josh, Toro and probably Mary can get you replacement parts. I'm quite sure that all TD's can, just contact one.

sailmarblehead

So I was giving you all the abridged story - I received a Rolex GMT Master yesterday and the bracelet was broken -- Today, I took the watch to a gen authorized Rolex dealer to see if they could fix the clasp -- At first it appeared to me to just a a broken pin issue, but the watchmaker described the clasp as being "hyper-extended." It's more of a manufacturing defect ---- He said the clasp in unfixable and suggested that I buy a second hand bracelet or rep bracelet online --- I found a few on Amazon for like $50, but of course they are generic and don't have the Rolex icon on the bottom of the clasp.....Here is the pic, but again the picture makes it look like its only a pin issue.

GMT_zpsyrhfr8jd.jpg

ShovelnTC

Sounds like the casting has cracked or is flogged out so it's only a part of the clasp that you need.

The TD's may be able to help but if you are unknown to them they will likely be less than enthusiastic about supplying such a small/cheap part (Clasp) but you could give them a try.

Otherwise check the FS section (when you have enough posts to view) and maybe put a wanted post in as lots of members have stuff in their collection of parts.

Good luck.

sailmarblehead

Thanks for that advice -- I appreciate it

fatarms

Is this a gen or rep watch?

FunnyStarSystem

Today, I took the watch to a gen authorized Rolex dealer to see if they could fix the clasp --

:daffy:

And the guy was helpful? Very interesting!

Not sure if ballsy or.....

fatarms

Today, I took the watch to a gen authorized Rolex dealer to see if they could fix the clasp --

Hence my question... :lol:

FunnyStarSystem

:bugeyes:

He says at top it's a rep :balls:

Where was this AD? I'm assuming from your name you're in MA....

fatarms

:bugeyes:

He says at top it's a rep :balls:

Yeah...I'm a lil slow. :lol: Missed that rep part at the top.

Not sure whether to call bullshit or if the AD actually just wanted him out of the store. :lol:

fatarms

Also, "sailmarblehead", this guy might be right around the corner from me if the name means what I think it does :lol:

sailmarblehead

I told the guy that it was a gift (a white lie as it was a gift to myself) - he couldn't have been nicer - He opened up the watch and told me it was actually a gen Swiss ETA movement and said he was impressed -- He said that the movement was on the same level of what he would find in a gen Tag Heuer .......which made me feel a little better about my overall purchase... Also, I ordered the watch last Wednesday!!! so it took less than a week to get to me from the day I ordered it -- It was shipped DHL..

FunnyStarSystem

We posted at the same time.

Yeah, sounds like a nice guy. Was this in a small town or what?

ShovelnTC

Mate if you bought it new and only received it then the Dealer that sold it to you should replace the clasp.

sailmarblehead

Not too small - -its a town about 50 miles north of New York City in a fairly well-to-do community --- I've emailed my TD, but I constantly get a canned message from his domain provider that his email is full and he needs to empty it before he can receive other emails --- If that happened before I received my watch, I would conclude he was a scam artist, but I know thats not the case -- hopefully he will do the right thing and send me a replacement watch --- but if it ends up costing me $50 or $75 to get a replacement bracelet, ain't so bad.

fatarms

Not too small - -its a town about 50 miles north of New York City in a fairly well-to-do community --- I've emailed my TD, but I constantly get a canned message from his domain provider that his email is full and he needs to empty it before he can receive other emails --- If that happened before I received my watch, I would conclude he was a scam artist, but I know thats not the case -- hopefully he will do the right thing and send me a replacement watch --- but if it ends up costing me $50 or $75 to get a replacement bracelet, ain't so bad.

Get in touch with a moderator here, they can usually get the attention of the dealers. That's how they maintain their trusted dealer status, they have to be accountable for what they sell. Check for the guys with the light blue color nics on the board.

FunnyStarSystem

So like Scarsdale or Greenwich (I'm originally from nyc). But anyway, that's cool he helped you out and even opened the watch, I guess it might be interesting for an AD to see what the rep factories are producing. Good luck on getting a new one, check m2m as well, they sometimes pop up there.

sailmarblehead

You nailed it -- I live in Greenwich, and the AD was near my work in Fairfield, CT -- The AD couldn't have been nicer -- He said "I've seen a lot of reps in my time, but this is one of the best" he was particularly impressed with the authentic swiss movement....and like I said above, he said it was on par with what he would see in a Tag Heuer.....I was just referred to someone who said he can help me out, so thank you Ink...

I am new to this, but do you think it is unusual that the movement was gen swiss? It says on the TD's website that ALL of his Rolex's are gen swiss, but I just assume that was BS, so I was pleasantly surprised....