Sign in to follow this  
Simms

"New promising makers" being offered from PC

Genius

Anything about this on rwi? They dig subs more over there

No keep checking but nothing in the rolex section at all

Genius

Fuck it I've just ordered one, price got bumped to $140 at the checkout and I'd forgotten how rapey the exchange rate is :o :o Just shy of £120 in total

Lagger
Fuck it I've just ordered one, price got bumped to $140 at the checkout and I'd forgotten how rapey the exchange rate is :o :o Just shy of £120 in total

Yeah is horrendous at the moment, in going to Florida soon and it's costing an extra arm more than normal!

Great for doing that mate, any chance of a mini review when you get it?

dfq23

Fuck it I've just ordered one, price got bumped to $140 at the checkout and I'd forgotten how rapey the exchange rate is :o :o  Just shy of £120 in total

Shit you used to be able to get a Bell and Ross BR-02 with 2824 or Ebel 7750 super reps for that money delivered

Genius

Great for doing that mate, any chance of a mini review when you get it?

Yeah of course didn't really want another sub to be honest :rofl: Just wanted to see what it was like and share my findings with you guys... Interested to see if there is any truth in the claim they use the same parts makers as the noob subs although the claim on Josh's site is pretty ambiguous could just be the same crown and spring bar suppliers

Lagger

Good spirit that! Cheers for that the clasp looks the same, but your probably right

Do you have a reg mariner to compare it too?

Genius

Shit you used to be able to get a Bell and Ross BR-02 with 2824 or Ebel 7750 super reps for that money delivered

I'm sure at least one of my BR02s was even cheaper than that! When I first placed an order with Toro the £ was in the 1.70s my £120 would have bought me over $200 absolutely gone to shit at the moment... But even with the shit rate these new Subs are about the same price as a Regmariner so hopefully Ive not just wasted my money

Genius

Good spirit that! Cheers for that the clasp looks the same, but your probably right

Not any more but had one in the past... TBH if I had really wanted to buy a cheap sub I would have just bought one from Reg as its a known quantity and pretty much works out the exact same price as this SKY-Fucker but this new one just had the intrigue value

Genius

Ive had a Reg and a noob in the past although the noob was an older one and there wasnt that much difference TBH the noob pretty much just won on the bracelet (very minor) and the movement (obviously) but having not had a newer noob one I'm guessing I will know straight away if this feels like a big step up or not from the older ceramic ones I was used to...

Pretty much gave up on the sub-c when I got my TC and realised I preferred the older style

lukeas123456

Not any more but had one in the past... TBH if I had really wanted to buy a cheap sub I would have just bought one from Reg as its a known quantity and pretty much works out the exact same price as this SKY-Fucker but this new one just had the intrigue value

Iv just ordered a Regmarriner so if you want to do a side by side I can lend you the watch :)

Lagger

That would be great to see guys

Genius

Iv just ordered a Regmarriner so if you want to do a side by side I can lend you the watch :)

Yeah I'd be more than happy to do an in depth comparison/review of both together

Really want to see how it compares to the V7 as its claiming to use the same parts suppliers so if anyone has one and is willing to do a comparison ill loan this one or if they want me to do a 3 way comparison whatever

Lagger

I have a hulk v7 I could chip in, but I'm away till the 24th ish

Genius

I have a hulk v7 I could chip in, but I'm away till the 24th ish

I'm away til the 18th anyway and only just ordered the watch today hoping it arrives on my desk whilst I'm gone

Lagger

Oh well if you don't get a better offer of a regular v7 give us a PM

lukeas123456

Be a good thing to see a three way like.

dfq23

depends if it's a devils threeway or not. Preferably not.

And especially not a lucky pierre

Edited by dfq23

lukeas123456

depends if it's a devils threeway or not. Preferably not.

And especially not a lucky pierre

I knew writing that would spark some remarks my bad

28a9b9e4ae73db5ed43154d01c5b413f.jpg

lukeas123456

Has this turned up yet?

Lagger

Be good if someone had a regular v7 sub for comparison too......my hulk would do but the Cyclops doesn't appear to have a blue tint because off the green dial, but it's still on offer if nobody cab spare one

Genius
Has this turned up yet?

Maybe.... I don't actually know as Josh doesn't send tracking,had it delivered to my office as I'm on holiday this week so hoping it's sat on my desk waiting for me when I arrive back in work Tuesday

Genius

Has this turned up yet?

It has arrived! Happy to do the side by side if yo still up for loaning your reg

lukeas123456

Has this turned up yet?

It has arrived! Happy to do the side by side if yo still up for loaning your reg

I ended up with a V7 instead. Whats the first feel quality like?

Genius

Actually I'm really impressed with pretty much every aspect of it the whole thing is really well put together!

The only negative points are the rehaut engraving - not bad but not V7 standard

And the cylops - too much AR not quite enough mag but again marginal...

I dont have a Reg sub to hand to compare but there isnt a lot in it, Id say reg has a better rehaut engraving this has a better bezel insert as its more platinum grey than white

lukeas123456

Actually I'm really impressed with pretty much every aspect of it the whole thing is really well put together!

The only negative points are the rehaut engraving - not bad but not V7 standard

And the cylops - too much AR not quite enough mag but again marginal...

I dont have a Reg sub to hand to compare but there isnt a lot in it, Id say reg has a better rehaut engraving this has a better bezel insert as its more platinum grey than white

Worth the $140?