Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

Unprofessioanl Expierence with Watchstyle.com [Re-post from RWI]

trailboss99

Posted by captainjz16 next door:

After purchasing a new watch, i decided to purchase a high in croc strap to dress it up. Found what i thought was the perfect strap made by camille fournet sold by watchstyle.com. Strap came in, looks great, but when i compared it to the rep, it's 1mm larger than the rep.

I then went to their website, reviewed their return policy (which is listed below) and asked to return it.

Return Policy:

"Please note that we cannot accept your [RETURN] if:

• the product is not in its original condition or shows clear signs of use

• the return has been requested more than 14 days after delivery

• the product is made of reptile skin (applies to non-EU residents)

• the product has been custom-manufactured (according § 3 GTC)

We cannot accept refunds if the [RETURN] is not a result of our error (applies to non-EU residents). However, [WE MAY ACCEPT AN EXCHANGE] of equal or higher value. Reshipping will be charged in addition."

After reading their policy, it looks like exchanges are accept, but not returns (due to the fact the word "return" is used in describing the certain conditions and the word "exchange" is used when if for something of equal or higher value).

after a couple of emails inquiring as to whether or not they would accept the exchange, this was their response:

"Call your bank and try to make us responsible for your brainlessness. THEN you will fail."

Maybe it is due to my profession, but their return/exchange policy seems offly ambiguous to me. I wasn't trying to make a big stink of the situation and I sat here for a while wrestling with the thought of whether or not to post my story, but I decided that I'd rather people be aware of their return/exchange policy and their lack of professionalism.

I was planning on buying another strap ($156) and trying to sell the one I have (which will appear in our sales forum as soon as I get home), but these guys wont be getting another penny from me.

JohnG
"Call your bank and try to make us responsible for your brainlessness. THEN you will fail."

Sound like one of our members, come on, who is it?

:clap:

MikeyMouseWatch

I guess you could be exaggerating a little bit there, though that is without a doubt pretty unprofessional response. I had someone give me a response like that not too long ago, and have been trying to sue them since, just because it rubbed me the wrong way (no joke here).

Anyhow, there are two sides to every story. Is it possible you would be willing to post the whole email(s) un-edited here?

Fed949

Yes, I agreed. It is unprofessional reply. If exchange is not possible, at least a small discount on your next purchase. Would you kindly post the unedited entire email so as to let us judge if it is a site we shan't do our purchase.

Thanks for letting us know the whole incident.

trailboss99

Guys, did you read the first line? It's not my post, just a re-post from next door so I can't add anything to what has been said.

Col.

MikeyMouseWatch

Ahh, took me a while to find the red-text there.

Hopefully the captain can post the originals.

JohnG
Guys, did you read the first line? It's not my post, just a re-post from next door so I can't add anything to what has been said.

Col.

Well I called the bank, and they said YOU are responsible for his brainlessness.

:)