Sign in to follow this  
Scavolas

Ingersoll watches -- any experience with them?

Scavolas

I stumbled upon these while searching online for some unrelated fashion quartz model and to tell you honestly, I was suprised at what I saw. At least doubly so, 'cause not only they seem to make a huge selection of models based on various calibers and Chinese automatic movements, they look to be (based on the pictures I saw @Uhren-Park.de) quite high-quality pieces. Even though they also seem to copy many features of great houses even greater models they do it at a very reasonable price-range.

(except for their Tourbillons, but that's another story)

So please, if anyone here got experience with the make and models, come forward with it. Especially the true make of the movements would be interesting, and obviously quality and service-needs.

Thank you.

greg_r

Ingersoll produced one of the earliest Mickey Mouse watches and at one time were a decent quality manufacturer. I believe they got bought out by a UK-based distribution company and these days are really just a name; the watches being Chinese made and - in the main - nothing terribly special.

There are better names in this part of the marketplace - Rotary immediately come to mind, still being a Swiss watch company (albeit nowadays sourcing some of their lower-end auto movements from Sea-Gull)

prestigewatchco

yes Ingersoll is a name only now for the last 10-15 years. They used to make reasonable quality watches somewhere in between Timex and Rotary . This has long since finished.

In the same way lighters by Ronson and Colibri have

Pretty sure Sekonda have taken the same route as well

Scavolas

Greg, Robert: thanks a lot for your insight and courtesy.