Sign in to follow this  
MDK

What would you buy for £1200

MDK

Here is a question that pops up is and again.

I have a coupe of pennies spare so thought I would buy myself a cheap gen.

It needs to be 41mm plus in size, ideally chrono or other complication, dressy or sports I am easy

I can get a speedy but only the smaller cased 7750.

Seems a few bits on the bay, but like all of these things I am sure there is a lot out there I don't know exists for around that price.

tomtom1988

Probably a breitling colt, came close a few weeks ago myself!

Genius

Have a look what second hand tudor you can pick up.... Just an example but this has best offer so could probably be had in budget

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112159236831

Baldrick

A new set of front pads for my car....and an oil / filter change at my local dealership :D

Genius

In fact someone please buy that tudor, I can't buy a third tudor chrono in as many months!

MDK

Not sure I would go quartz at that money, it amazes me sometimes how expensive they can get

MDK
Have a look what second hand tudor you can pick up.... Just an example but this has best offer so could probably be had in budget

Interesting, I hadn't realised they get that low

A new set of front pads for my car....and an oil / filter change at my local dealership :D

Those bloody Lada's, getting expensive to keep vintage cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genius

Interesting, I hadn't realised they get that low

Not often but every now and then you get someone listing one not knowing what it's worth.... Cheapest for that model on chrono24 is over £2k!....

Not keen on the rubber but you can fix tgat easier than most people

MDK

Got my eye on a couple of longines master collection, particularly fond of the perpetual calendar. They also do a column wheel chrono for pretty good money, for not a lot more than I budgeted can grab one of those new

deju

Just keep saving and wait for one to sing to you. There are deals to be had if you practice patience!

I got my speedy pro for £1350!

MDK
Just keep saving and wait for one to sing to you. There are deals to be had if you practice patience!

I got my speedy pro for £1350!

That's a bargain, I can stretch more if needs be I just like to keep it to disposable cash ( well the wife does) and I am impatient, me and waiting have never got on well

MDK

While looking for a piece on eBay, just came across a Tudor with one of my straps mounted

84c55b141ab458d47cc0672c1c653646.png

rikracy

A Russian hooker for the weekend!!!!

I'd personally go for a brand new Longines Hydro Conquest chrono..a lot of watch for the money and they look the biz! Imho!

Got one myself and love it!...and comes in under budget if you have a hunt around!!

tomtom1988

Not sure I would go quartz at that money, it amazes me sometimes how expensive they can get

I think it's more what people pay, I mean people can pay what they want for what they want.

Most automatic movements don't actually cost a lot to manufacture, even in gens, I think whether it's auto or Quartz the market always dictates the price.

I mean panerias use a what, $600 6497-2 eta movement but because it's in a panerai it costs more.

RRP dictates the price I guess

Genius

I think it's more what people pay, I mean people can pay what they want for what they want.

Most automatic movements don't actually cost a lot to manufacture, even in gens, I think whether it's auto or Quartz the market always dictates the price.

I mean panerias use a what, $600 6497-2 eta movement but because it's in a panerai it costs more.

I'd say if you paid $600 for that movement you got scammed lol but get what you saying think Hublot with a sellita movement (same movement as a steinhart) but 10x the price

purger72

I'd say if you paid $600 for that movement you got scammed lol but get what you saying think Hublot with a sellita movement (same movement as a steinhart) but 10x the price

Thats why we buy reps I guess. Although still new to the whole thing I think is if these reps we buying can be made and sold for prices we are paying it just shows that gen wise is all aristocracy. It is to distinguish higer from lower hence ridiculous prices on watches.

I suggest you get 3 to 4 reps for that money and enjoy the variety ;)

MDK

Thats why we buy reps I guess. Although still new to the whole thing I think is if these reps we buying can be made and sold for prices we are paying it just shows that gen wise is all aristocracy. It is to distinguish higer from lower hence ridiculous prices on watches.

I suggest you get 3 to 4 reps for that money and enjoy the variety ;)

Not reps this time, nothing quite like a Gen

Genius

Been offered the tudor hydronaut chrono above for £1200 but I've decided to be sensible and not buy a third tudor chrono in as many months.

Total fucking bargain if someone here wants it though

Markrfc

Hamilton x wind chronograph for £640? If your interested I'll put up a sales post.

Nickfive

Longines conquest

dfq23

Get that pan europ from ashfords and you can spunk the rest down notleys