Sign in to follow this  
GenTLe

What do you think about the new Tim's (Watchfinder) site?

GenTLe

Hi guys,

those of you that noticed the last addition to the old Phanfare album from our TD Watchfinder, this one:

Image-10564922-267825519-2-WebLarge_0_c76ed91728b9b641da043780e6c7e967_1.jpg

have probably already contacted Tim to get the URL and access to his last web site.

So I did. You need to register to that web pic gallery site, and then to access to the gallery you need the password (ask Tim).

The galleries are now divided by brands, and to open them you sometimes are requested again the password... This is a bit annoying.

Unfortunately with this new setting one important thing got lost: with the old listing, I could see all the watches scrolling down the page (this is how I've seen and decided to buy the Parmigiani Kalpa last time) and notice watches that I'd never searched otherwise.

This is a big loss in my view: his site was one on my favorite one just because of that: scroll and see a pic of each watch, and instantly get the new ones and the ones that I don't know but like...

Now with the division by brand this feature is lost and I can guess that brands with a less known name will be left not looked by the majority of the customers...

I'd have set up a further album, named something like "ALL watches" where there is a single picture (the best one) from each watch model in the collection with below just its brand an name, so that if someone sees an interesting model knows that he can browse the relative brand album to see the specs better. But this is just me.

So what do you think?

Cheers, GenTLe

jmshen

I agree that I enjoyed sifting through the phanfare album more. The biggest issue is that I'm typing the password over and over again for nearly each album I want to enter. From what I remember reading, Tim has changed sites because the old phanfare album had repeated problems that led to it being unusable for him.

onionbag

Does he list a Tag Heuer FIM Edition?

If not I'm not looking at it.

No way......

Ok maybe. :lol:

stormtooper4

It's horrible very frustrating , the previous format was so much nicer and easier to use

LightGeek

The old one was clunky on mobile. This one even more so. I did ask for an "all watches" view and Tim mentioned something I forgot :)

The old one was clunky on mobile. This one even more so. I did ask for an "all watches" view and Tim mentioned something I forgot :)

The most annoying part is typing in a password only to find an empty album behind it heh.

nunu78

Not a fan of new site, old one was much better.

Fat Panda

Just so you all know, Watchfinder will not be keeping the old website. It does not work from our end. Uploads don't work, and when they do, they disappear and I have to re-upload them 2-3 times to get them to stick. The company hosting the album was bought out from another company and since then, it's all be downhill. They only maintain it, and support is horrible. It also required VPN to access, so it did not always work.

There will be lots of features added to the new website, but since Fat Panda is only one person, they will take time to implement. If the new website isn't working for you, you can provide feedback to us, and we will see what it takes to do it. We already know about the browsing, and will be implementing that. It just will take time.

We are a small two person company, and the website need to be easy for us to administer, and update. The browsing feature will be coming soon.

FP

RandomGuy

FWIW I like the new site. In the old album after viewing a watch I had to back out to the very top of the album, and the scroll all the way down to the watch I looked at, so I could continue browsing. Sometimes hard to find where I had left off.

Photos seem larger or higher resolution on new site.

I miss browsing, but I guess that's coming...

GenTLe

Thanks for your effort Tim!