Sign in to follow this  
SteveR123

If you receive the wrong watches...

Shipping charges when sent the wrong watch  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do trusted dealers ever cover shipping charges to and fro?

• No, shipping charges are ALWAYS at the buyers expense
    • Yes, trusted dealers cover shipping in this situation

SteveR123

I'm afraid I received the wrong watch again, funny I even received qc pics of the correct watch, a rolex daydate II in a box set, but I received a look alike datejust in the same box?!? Anyways, I'm waiting for a response from the dealer and am hoping I don't get stuck for shipping this one back and the correct one to me, what should I expect?

Am I right to think I shouldn't get stuck with more shipping costs when a dealer sends the wrong watch? Especially, when said watch is switched from the one in the qc pics?

Tia

Tristan123
I'm afraid I received the wrong watch again, funny I even received qc pics of the correct watch, a rolex daydate II in a box set, but I received a look alike datejust in the same box?!? Anyways, I'm waiting for a response from the dealer and am hoping I don't get stuck for shipping this one back and the correct one to me, what should I expect. I'm also in this situation with another dealer here but I've already past my two question quota so am on his ignore list so don't know what to expect from him.

Am I right to think I shouldn't get stuck with more shipping costs when a dealer sends the wrong watch? Especially, when said watch is switched from the one in the qc pics?

Tia

Thats Just Wrong!!!! and shouldnt happen

T9000
I'm afraid I received the wrong watch again, funny I even received qc pics of the correct watch, a rolex daydate II in a box set, but I received a look alike datejust in the same box?!? Anyways, I'm waiting for a response from the dealer and am hoping I don't get stuck for shipping this one back and the correct one to me, what should I expect. I'm also in this situation with another dealer here but I've already past my two question quota so am on his ignore list so don't know what to expect from him.

Have you made contact with any of the forum admins to request assistance on the latter issue? It might prove to be more productive than these repeated references to your dispute with the aforementioned dealer in the open forum.

Tia

Well, you're already aware that purchasing reps isn't in any way, shape or form the same as buying a pukka item from an approved retailer, but I can understand why you'd be pissed if the wrong item was dispatched, especially when the QC pics matched your order. That said, if the dealer has yet to respond to your question on shipping costs, it seems a little odd that you've chosen to speculate about whether or not you will in fact be responsible for them. Why not wait and see what he or she has to say?

Cynikal.Mindset

2 different dealers, the same problem with both? Sounds kinda fishy. Maybe customs is mucking around with your stuff haha.

dingle

Send me a PM with all the pertinent info.

SteveR123

Perhaps a poll will make it easier fir members to answer. :thumbsup:

T9000
Perhaps a poll will make it easier fir members to answer. :D

I suppose it depends whether you'd prefer to encourage feedback and empathy on an issue which doesn't yet exist (in the case of the shipping costs), or whether you simply want to solve a problem without drawing attention to yourself (in the case of the other dealer ignoring you). If its the former, then a poll would be ideal.

:rofl:

PEPO_TG

Dude, didn't you use PayPal?

Member X

I've only had to re-ship once, and the dealer said (with regret) that they could only cover Airmail not EMS, so I coughed up the extra $20 for both of our safety.

JohnG

In this situation the dealer should cover your shipping, but whether they will or not is another question. I got the incorrect watch once, they wouldn't cover, I never bought from them again. It was a dealer who was no longer board approved so I didn't bother writing them up.

Let the mods like Dingleberry help you out. If you don't get a resolution, after the transaction is all done, write a review. If they wouldn't cover shipping, say so.

People should know about these problems, but until they have had a chance to offer a solution don't name names. Only do that if and when they don't do the right thing.

As to posting this thread, that's fine, you are a member, you can post about anything you want. You haven't had a reply yet, you are anxious, and you want to know what to expect, there is nothing wrong with that, ignore those who question your motives.

In any event, with the help of the mods you are very likely to get the outcome you want.

Good luck and keep us posted.

greg_r
Dude, didn't you use PayPal?

What's that got to do with it?

Doing a paypal chargeback is last resort - and should ONLY be done with agreement of board staff. It fucks things up for everybody. Please read the board guidelines.

Anyhow, I agree with John's take on the matter. Meantime, the OP should drop Ding a PM and get him to use a little leverage ;)

JohnG

I just want to clarify my thinking on one thing, people should know the story, but if there is a problem and the dealer hasn't even had a chance to fix it yet, some might read about the problem but never come back to the thread and read that within 24 hours they offered a perfect solution, and without any coaxing.

I have no problem with people naming names, but only after a dealer has come back with an answer. That said, some people on other forums (and this one) are all for protecting the dealers. I am for protecting the members and even if a dealer gets his toes stepped on, I would rather that happen than have members feel like they are going to get flamed or snotty replies if they bring a problem to light. This place exists for US, NOT for THEM.

I think the best rule is, just treat the dealers fairly, give them a chance to fix things, if they don't get the mods involved and be quiet until you get a resolution (don't piss them off until you get what you want) and then, later, if you are not happy the way they conducted themselves (even if you got a good outcome), FLAME THE FUCK OUT OF THEM.

Until that point, I would feel free to post anything you feel like, but it is in your own best interest to not name the dealer, just as you have done here.

Carry on.

Akira

I received a DOA watch from a trusted dealer once....

I wasn't even member on this board at that time and he covered for the shipping costs.

Great dealer he was ;)

Why didn't I bought from him again yet???

turnipz
I just want to clarify my thinking on one thing, people should know the story, but if there is a problem and the dealer hasn't even had a chance to fix it yet, some might read about the problem but never come back to the thread and read that within 24 hours they offered a perfect solution, and without any coaxing.

I have no problem with people naming names, but only after a dealer has come back with an answer. That said, some people on other forums (and this one) are all for protecting the dealers. I am for protecting the members and even if a dealer gets his toes stepped on, I would rather that happen than have members feel like they are going to get flamed or snotty replies if they bring a problem to light. This place exists for US, NOT for THEM.

I think the best rule is, just treat the dealers fairly, give them a chance to fix things, if they don't get the mods involved and be quiet until you get a resolution (don't piss them off until you get what you want) and then, later, if you are not happy the way they conducted themselves (even if you got a good outcome), FLAME THE FUCK OUT OF THEM.

Until that point, I would feel free to post anything you feel like, but it is in your own best interest to not name the dealer, just as you have done here.

Carry on.

Theres always help here, that is why this rep forum is the best.

Edited by turnipz

SteveR123

I got a reply, he says not sure what might have happened for the watch to be switched from the qc pics, never happened before to him. He will cover the shipping costs and make sure I get the correct watch. He seems sincere to me so I'm a happy camper for now. I'll post any significant updates as they occur.

Thanks, as always, to everyone for their constructive input.

JohnG
I got a reply, he says not sure what might have happened for the watch to be switched from the qc pics, never happened before to him. He will cover the shipping costs and make sure I get the correct watch. He seems sincere to me so I'm a happy camper for now. I'll post any significant updates as they occur.

Congrats!!!

Del

;)

SteveR123

Carry on.

Theres always help here, that is why this rep forum is the best.

+1 :thumbsup: JohnG is a wise man and, in my short time here on RWG, I always enjoy reading his informed opinions.

JohnG
+1 :thumbsup: JohnG is a wise man and, in my short time here on RWG, I always enjoy reading his informed opinions.

I am going to quote this, all over the place! :thumbsup:

dingle

I am going to quote this, all over the place! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

new signature?

Ska

Great Result :thumbsup:

kolchak

Carry on.

As a noob here with a watch addiction this attitude makes me feel very warm & fuzzy.