Sign in to follow this  
GenTLe

Molnija 3602 (Cortebert 616 clone) what to do?

GenTLe

So I got from the bay this nice Molnija 3602 15j from 1952.

H1EdNO0.jpg

I'd like to create my first own build with it.

Thinking of a pilot or a Pam, but I am not a big fantasy guy...

So asking around if you have some idea to share about what I may do with it :)

It is the one with small second, this way:

u4g9rxi.jpg

Haltec

Can that dial fit in any Pam case?

Would you please post dial dia, movt dia, movt thickness?

(mm's please)

I missed :( serveral good ebay deals of pocket watches, since I wanted to do some Pam "Prototype" thinkering.

I'll upload some photos maybe something inspire you.

James.

Homageforum.com

GenTLe
Can that dial fit in any Pam case?

Would you please post dial dia, movt dia, movt thickness?

(mm's please)

I missed :( serveral good ebay deals of pocket watches, since I wanted to do some Pam "Prototype" thinkering.

I'll upload some photos maybe something inspire you.

I don't want to use that dial... It has spots and looks anonymous.

About the movement, it is 36mm diameter, but I still have to disassemble the thing to check the thickness. I am abroad until 10 Nov, so will di later on :)

Inviato da mTalk

Thanks James!

Inviato da mTalk

Nickfive

thats sick, how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

griffon22

thats a 3601 not 3602, 3602 is 18 jewel (not 15), in my view early ones , 1947 to 1953 ish are the best ,nicer decoration and better biult all around . many custom cases are available with molnija movement holders .

DSC_1574_zpsvjwuuw2e.jpg

NCRich

They are all over ebay. They must have an unlimited supply in the old Eastern Bloc. You can pick em up on HF too. I'm thinking of playing with one too. Problem for me is I don't like wearing that kind of watch.

Genius

They are all over ebay. They must have an unlimited supply in the old Eastern Bloc. You can pick em up on HF too. I'm thinking of playing with one too. Problem for me is I don't like wearing that kind of watch.

If you make a nice pam prototype I'll ve happy to wear it for you

GenTLe

37.5€ :)

Inviato da mTalk

GenTLe

It is true that there are many, but mostly recent versions (produced up to 2007) without that nice finishing.

Inviato da mTalk

GenTLe
thats a 3601 not 3602, 3602 is 18 jewel (not 15), in my view early ones , 1947 to 1953 ish are the best ,nicer decoration and better biult all around . many custom cases are available with molnija movement holders .

DSC_1574_zpsvjwuuw2e.jpg

Even better :)

But I thought 3601 is the center sec one, isn't it?

Here they claim it's a 3602: http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&2&2uswk&Molnia_3602_H3_5_2_UF

Inviato da mTalk

andyboy

Get some engraved bridges

20150726_131959_zpsvforktqe.jpg

andyboy

DSC_1574_zpsvjwuuw2e.jpg

They look familiar :D

griffon22

yes Andy, I hope you found them useful. :lol:

Genius
Get some engraved bridges

20150726_131959_zpsvforktqe.jpg

That is awesome

greg_r

Fit Rolex bridges and build yourself a vintage PAM. Job done.

edwinowl

Greg is correct if you can find some. Easy enough to swap the bridge out. Biggest issue with the Molly's are the balance staffs which can go almost on a breeze. I bought several and did build a watch with the Rolex bridge. They look awesome. For info the 3608 is the centre seconds which is again a real pig if they go wrong. These are a cheap alternative to the 6497/8 for a vintage pam build.

PM me if you want some more info bro. Built enough lol.

GenTLe
Greg is correct if you can find some. Easy enough to swap the bridge out. Biggest issue with the Molly's are the balance staffs which can go almost on a breeze. I bought several and did build a watch with the Rolex bridge. They look awesome. For info the 3608 is the centre seconds which is again a real pig if they go wrong. These are a cheap alternative to the 6497/8 for a vintage pam build.

PM me if you want some more info bro. Built enough lol.

Thanks mate! I will try to find out info my self, an then see what to do :)

Inviato da mTalk

shemmy

“subscribed” also saved to my personal notes lol.  Just reading this little bit of back & forth answered every question I needed to know, except for 2 things..

1. Are these Rolex engraved bridges already available thru something like vintagewatchparts?  or do I have to find someone to make them?

2. If I were to replace the part w the Rolex engraved bridge, is this to make it look cooler (ie to the completely untrained eye)?   Or does the Rolex engraved bridge  make this movement appear to be a Rolex build?

I just bought a 6152 build from another member/different site and it has this movement with the aforementioned “ROLEX” engraved bridge... I’ve been working on learning this hobby for years...I’m an artist so I have gravitated to painting & tweaking dials & straps, and reshaping cases, but when it comes to movements, I freeze up.  They intimidate me.  they are the reason why I haven’t made my OWN builds. But I’m tired of needing someone else to assemble my watches. I wanna be the one who built it lol.

thanks in advance for any help!

(after having typed all that it occurred to me that perhaps I should start a new thread somewhere else that asks even more questions I have lol. I’m not double posting so don’t ban me lol )