Sign in to follow this  
lj-rubi

Which Santos?

lj-rubi

I ordered my first rep last week (Milgauss from Robert, ETA clone movement) and I'm on the hunt for my second while the first one is in the air...or on a slow boat somewhere. A year or so ago I was considering a gen Cartier Santos but just couldn't pull the trigger. Can anyone recommend a nice rep with an ETA type movement maybe in the $200 range? Thanks guys!

Stormcrow

Congratulations on your first purchase. I've just made my first purchase too, a Rolex DatejustII.

I did a quick search and found quite a few Cartier reps in the model you're looking for. The best thing is to go to the trusted dealers section of the fourms and look through their posts.

I think in the same boat, already thinking about my second and I haven't recevied my first. I think I will probably go for a classic AP in steel. But I don't know how I will be able to justify wearing a rep which is worth so much in gen.

Good luck with your search.

Silverspeed

Nowadays there are very good reps available of the Santos....unlike a few years ago.

The ones to look for are the socalled "ultimate" versions. The dial on those are very accurate and so is the blue cabochon. I believe these all come

with ETA 2824 or even better a SW200 movement. You'll need to spend a bit more than $200....the better versions will be around $400

Not sure about the straps on the " ultimate" versions though, at best it will be calf leather with croc print. If you want to have a good aftermarket

strap for the Santos you'll need to spend another $200

rockstar
Nowadays there are very good reps available of the Santos....unlike a few years ago.

The ones to look for are the socalled "ultimate" versions. The dial on those are very accurate and so is the blue cabochon. I believe these all come

with ETA 2824 or even better a SW200 movement. You'll need to spend a bit more than $200....the better versions will be around $400

Not sure about the straps on the " ultimate" versions though, at best it will be calf leather with croc print. If you want to have a good aftermarket

I've recent just order an santos chrono.. Havent the full spec of it yo hand but price was around $318 .. Just waiting on QC pics later today, lovely looking watch, normally I've bought AP's and paneria as I like the large style but the santos is 44mm and looks more dressier than my other reps.. Shall post pics when I receive

solkryssare

I've recent just order an santos chrono.. Havent the full spec of it yo hand but price was around $318 .. Just waiting on QC pics later today, lovely looking watch, normally I've bought AP's and paneria as I like the large style but the santos is 44mm and looks more dressier than my other reps.. Shall post pics when I receive

I like your screen name :)