Sign in to follow this  
MAJ75

Omega Speedmaster Mitsukoshi ‘Domino Dial’ Project

MAJ75

Please excuse my ignorance if this has been posted before, but I thought that some of the "Speedy" fans could be interested if they hadn't been aware of this until now.

I have been looking at picking up a Gen Speedy Pro & came across a rare bird on the bay that is kind of similar to the "Bamford" Rolex projects.

In my eyes it is a stunning interpretation of the famous design, yes perhaps not for the real purists but it certainly has something.....

There is a great article about the project here:

https://heuerville.wordpress.com/2012/12/07/omega-speedmaster-mitsukoshi-domino-dial-project/

MITSU.jpg

MITSU2.jpg

PipN

That's very attractive. Will have s look at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmshen

At one point a real Mitsukoshi was my grail. I flip-flop on my opinion on the numerous dials available for purchase. Sometimes I'm like "It's not the real thing!". Sometimes I think "as long as it's still a gen dial..."

If you plan on going forward I'd love (as I'm sure many others would) to follow along on your progress :D

Thelittleprince

By far the best speedie ive seen imo!!! Just wow...

GC

I like it, reminds me of the new release with the blue and white. Just this incorporates the professional case @ 42mm.

nuvolablue

Great find

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

MAJ75

At one point a real Mitsukoshi was my grail. I flip-flop on my opinion on the numerous dials available for purchase. Sometimes I'm like "It's not the real thing!". Sometimes I think "as long as it's still a gen dial..."

If you plan on going forward I'd love (as I'm sure many others would) to follow along on your progress :D

I completely understand where you are coming from mate. I guess for me it would make most sense to have one of these & a "standard" speedy if financially that was an option.

The one for sale is £4500 which is a bit too rich for my blood at the moment, I just love the aesthetic of it & thought a few others would too.

I'll keep dreaming!

I like it, reminds me of the new release with the blue and white. Just this incorporates the professional case @ 42mm.

Yep I thought the same about the comparison with the 2998 Navy/White reissue.

For me this one is all about the beauty of the finish & the dial colouration is just stunning. They have done a great job with strap selections on the photos too, I don't care for it on the standard metal bracelet.