Sign in to follow this  
nivenj

Price estimates on this Rep

rawbaws
I'm curious what the specific situation is with this piece. I may have missed something, but from how your initial posts picture looks, it appears you are buying this watch in person, right? It looks like the watch comes with a matching box, which is rare when buying a rep, but without knowing what movement is inside, I think it's hard to come up with a figure. Honestly, if none of the TD's carry this piece, it may be for good reason, which you should take into account.

All of this aside, if you like the watch, and can get it for what you think is a fair price, go for it. I am just unable to even compare this to any other watch I know of due to the lack of information.

Without knowing what movement is inside? Well. One can't say for certain .. But it sure does look like a $2 Chinese made piece of shit to me.

RepGuy
I'm curious what the specific situation is with this piece. I may have missed something, but from how your initial posts picture looks, it appears you are buying this watch in person, right? It looks like the watch comes with a matching box, which is rare when buying a rep, but without knowing what movement is inside, I think it's hard to come up with a figure. Honestly, if none of the TD's carry this piece, it may be for good reason, which you should take into account.

All of this aside, if you like the watch, and can get it for what you think is a fair price, go for it. I am just unable to even compare this to any other watch I know of due to the lack of information.

Without knowing what movement is inside? Well. One can't say for certain .. But it sure does look like a $2 Chinese made piece of shit to me.

To be fair, I think even the worst Canal Street trash costs $25+

MDK

I just bought and sold one very similar for £35

Redroom

Seriously, the watch is quite nice. As you know, 99.9%+ of the population have no idea about watches. I've been in this game for about, oh 10 years or so. This watch is still one of my favorites. Granted there is some sentimental value attached but still it's a nice watch and I wouldn't hesitate to spend under $150 on it

BenjaminButton

What an utterly fucking pointless thread.

nivenj

Jayums

It's worth £200 easily.

nivenj

nivenj

GenTLe

But i disagree, at the very least its served a purpose of highlighting, at least to me, the couple of absolute cretins that lurk in these boards, with thousands of posts, of which i doubt 1 was ever remotely usefull.

noobs_throwing_cans-12270.jpg

Inviato da mTalk

deju

But i disagree, at the very least its served a purpose of highlighting, at least to me, the couple of absolute cretins that lurk in these boards, with thousands of posts, of which i doubt 1 was ever remotely usefull. Its now the second post ive done on here, which i think was a reasonable thread and got flamed by some idiots. There wont be a third. I will use the forum for M2M, but as far as being an active member. Forget it.

Thanks to those that did respond with some constructive commemts.

No doubt more missiles are inbound now *sigh

I'm sorry sorry but I've found your whole thread very cryptic. Like blood from a stone frankly.

Asking what people think its worth, what people think. No explanation of your intentions or reasoning.

Not throwing any missiles just thought I'd give my input into why I think you've got the reaction you did.

If you like the watch offer what you think is fair, it will be accepted or not.

Have a good weekend!

narikaa

Where is SWITEERLAND ?

Noob

Get to 'Shitinerrand' and head west

Jayums
It's worth £200 easily.

As my last post....spot on...that was exactly what he is asking for. I personally thought it more £120.

Yes.The SWITEERLAND error only makes it more collectible. Enjoy your purchase.

greg_r

Standard poor quality Lange 1 rep. They've been around for years. Prices range from $80 to $140 ish. Certainly not worth more (and, frankly, barely worth that much - this really isn't a good rep).

Shame as the gen is one of my grail watches - would love a decent rep of it.

Cleebeauregard

Amen to what Greg said-- the Lange 1 is definitely one of my very favorite watches, and one of the few gens in it's price range that I'd not feel hoodwinked paying for, especially used. A Calatrava 5227r on the other hand? While it's also a beautiful watch, and of course carries the Patek "mystique", if you take away the name, there's nothing particularly special about it-- it's a very simple movement, and while the finishing is good, it's not $25,000 good. If they made a really high quality rep of any Lange watch, I'd be first in line, but given the very unique movements and dial spacing inherent to the brand, I think it's a very slim possibility that we'll ever see a Lange 1 "super rep"

For the watch you posted, I wouldn't give more than $100 max-- I think it's a pretty sketchy looking movement, even for a "lower end" rep. I'd pass. If you want a Lange go for the Datograph, Big Date, Saxonia, or one of the 1815s. There's a new 1815 tourbillon out that's balls--DC picked up one for a very special occasion and did a mini review on it here---search and ye shall find

BenjaminButton

But i disagree, at the very least its served a purpose of highlighting, at least to me, the couple of absolute cretins that lurk in these boards, with thousands of posts, of which i doubt 1 was ever remotely usefull. Its now the second post ive done on here, which i think was a reasonable thread and got flamed by some idiots. There wont be a third. I will use the forum for M2M, but as far as being an active member. Forget it.

Cut to the core. I think after these harsh words I'll never leave the house again let alone post on this cretin infested board. I'm so, so upset. Other than that I applaud your fiscal contribution through being a VIP even if I'm repelled by your pointless posting and your worthless critique of some of the RWG members.

JSJ

What is the point of this post? You think the thread was reasonable but it's not really up to you to tell others what is reasonable is it? Are you saying it was remotely usefull(sic)? I don't think it was.

I'm not looking for a watch that says Made in Germany on the dial and Made in Switeerland on the back. If you want some help with identifying shite, post away but please don't imply the thread is remotely 'usefull'. Fine if you don't post any more threads about shite watches. We'll cope.

If you think this is a missile, it isn't.

Thelittleprince

This thread is usless.... So ill just leave this here for the heck of it :P

20161103_164051_zpscpaenre1.jpg

Cleebeauregard

That's the one! To quote onzenuub, "Fucking nice watch!"