northantsrich

Rep vs gen tudor heritage black bay bronze NATO strap

northantsrich

Rep vs gen tudor heritage black bay bronze NATO strap.

The post title says it all. As you can see from the pictures the rep one is so bad in quality in comparison to the gen. Also the rep watch case is much more coppery than bronze as can be seen in the first picture.

9cff7a92e67101b8683bf1ed17053bb5.jpg

08c18254a1fe5bc39d7524e41f1726a1.jpg

1b13cd493fe53965216612ecf6660c82.jpg

91df0110b2432680787c503e5f6ae039.jpg

968bea3abee7bb2b1287cb3fada53cc2.jpg

de62a283b52187ceaa1ace7627316dd2.jpg1ffd14cf4899691de66f2aa6699956bb.jpg

5f5330f0a9198f3a0818274fba9ccf4d.jpg

df243deae0cdc48cbf0236cd4ef33099.jpg

3c1a9663608f7f535962b608cfadf2f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genius

I certainly wouldn't call the rep bad quality just different to the gen.

And on the subject of gen tudor nato straps, they are nice but no fucking way they are worth the price maybe 10% of the price at a push

BM284

Great picture comparison - anyone that has ever seen a gen tudor nato will know that they are amazing quality - and probably dam near impossible to rep to even a half decent level. Your pictures highlight it perfectly - I was disappointed when I put the BBB on the nato (when I had one) :thumbsup:

Del
Great picture comparison - anyone that has ever seen a gen tudor nato will know that they are amazing quality - and probably dam near impossible to rep to even a half decent level. Your pictures highlight it perfectly - I was disappointed when I put the BBB on the nato (when I had one) :thumbsup:

Totally agree. The fabric strap (it's not actually a NATO) that was supplied with my red BB is superb and very comfortable to wear.

As for the differences in colour highlighted in the pics above, I wonder if the rep hardware has developed some patina that might be exaggerating the differences? :dunno:

northantsrich

Totally agree. The fabric strap (it's not actually a NATO) that was supplied with my red BB is superb and very comfortable to wear.

As for the differences in colour highlighted in the pics above, I wonder if the rep hardware has developed some patina that might be exaggerating the differences? :dunno:

You can see the difference in the first pic Del. both are polished

Del

You can see the difference in the first pic Del. both are polished

Yup. I wasn't disagreeing with you, just wondering. ;)

Genius

I'll admit that the OEM nato is good but really there is no way I'd pay tudor money if it didn't come free with the watch (in fact I'm very tempted to sell mine just don't want to break up the box set) they really aren't that much better than a sub £10 ebay nato imo and back to the straps above there's obviously differences but both look to be high quality straps and when one of them comes complete with a watch for the same price as the other without even spring bars..

northantsrich

The following are pics of two rep NATO straps for the Tudor. We have a NATO from a V2 and a V3. As you can see the alloy is better in the V3. Also the overall quality is significantly better. But even so it's still not up to the gen standard.

ae6d2459745112cb6958786184fd0e04.jpg

0e55f21d3f789a3e54e2566b811cfaea.jpg

7b2f22d5ad57db0612d54b4a2d387107.jpg

f9bac2a31fcc59c6ce79493c0778f829.jpg

fa5fdc64f8c4e4a78aaa34f1c6dc98e7.jpg

57f9a355364ad4daa5b432b372e164be.jpg

13a3b17b2d1853385d1147516f94119e.jpg

northantsrich

This is from the Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronzo Basel 2016 V6F V3 Asia 2824. 

EBB
33 minutes ago, northantsrich said:

This is from the Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronzo Basel 2016 V6F V3 Asia 2824. 

Is it just the picture, or is this for every Tudor bronze rep, the dial print always looks so faded and doesn't pop. Is this an older model?