ahmed98

Which ROLEX would you buy and why?

NCRich

Some odd views here with people putting their views on the the thoughts of Rolex wearers. Mind readers?.......

I have a blue black GMT and a blue face Millgauss, both gen.

I don't think "I've made it". Far from it and perhaps I do swim in a small pond and that's ok too.

I can't believe how someone can label others pretentious wankers when they don't know the wearer and

have never met them?

I enjoy watches and always have done and Rolex right now are my choice.

Are you a pretentious wanker? :lol:

Yeah it really isn't the brand's fault. I know people who measure themselves as a function of what they own. It is just the way they keep score. Rolex is one rung on the ladder.

I personally don't have people around me who even notice I have a watch on. So that is kinda out for me as a status symbol. Status doesn't go really with Levis, polo shirts, and cargo shorts, and baseball hats. (Did I mention the Crocs?)

I like the way they look and the fact that 36-40mm is about my sweet spot. I like the speedy for the same reason.

philippe123

X

philippe123

X

philippe123

X

philippe123

X

MDK
Some odd views here with people putting their views on the the thoughts of Rolex wearers. Mind readers?.......

I have a blue black GMT and a blue face Millgauss, both gen.

I don't think "I've made it". Far from it and perhaps I do swim in a small pond and that's ok too.

I can't believe how someone can label others pretentious wankers when they don't know the wearer and

have never met them?

I enjoy watches and always have done and Rolex right now are my choice.

I didn't label everyone that wears Rolex a pretentious wanker, a lot of people but them because they have made it.

Note my secondary comment

the_frenchman

Wich Rolex?

- none

Why?

- everyone has a damm Rolex on their wrist, from executives to expats pensioners, from young rich kids to old homeless.....(of course many of these are fake and some are real) , im just fed up while having a meal near the beach and luckie luckies enoying me trying to sell their cheap Rolexes, of course while wearing one of them on their wrist... My wrist just needs something diferent from everyone

philippe123

x

Mike on a bike

Rolex well yes, but vintage only please.......................

Nickfive

where the fuck has this thread ended up? LOL

greg_r

Rolex make a number of very fine watches.

The submariner, however, is sufficiently ubiquitous to have become both boring and predictable. If you must have a sub, just buy the cheapest half-decent rep you can find (Regmariner) and then move on - even if you buy the gen, anybody noticing it is going to think it's fake anyhow.

if you want an interesting Rolex, then buy a 6263, a day/date, a Cellini, a Cellini prince - even a datejust! Just anything but a bloody submariner....

BTW chazingtime is a good dealer, but not a TD here, so this question would have been better asked next door at RWI, where he's a supporting vendor.

MDK

I will get my coat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadPickle

The real question here is why the fuck are you asking these reprobates? Keyboard warriors from around the globe?? Surely you're not so shallow that you need to take watch wearing advice from people who'm you have nothing in common... other than sitting in your crusty underwear drooling over fake watches :lol:

Watch wearing is a personal thing, size/strap/datewindow/etc.....

philippe123

X

anfalas

The real question here is why the fuck are you asking these reprobates? Keyboard warriors from around the globe?? Surely you're not so shallow that you need to take watch wearing advice from people who'm you have nothing in common... other than sitting in your crusty underwear drooling over fake watches :lol:

Watch wearing is a personal thing, size/strap/datewindow/etc.....

Very true but then some folks aren't capable of choosing a brand of bog paper without 'running' it by someone.................no pun intended!! lol

Rolex make a number of very fine watches.

The submariner, however, is sufficiently ubiquitous to have become both boring and predictable. If you must have a sub, just buy the cheapest half-decent rep you can find (Regmariner) and then move on - even if you buy the gen, anybody noticing it is going to think it's fake anyhow.

if you want an interesting Rolex, then buy a 6263, a day/date, a Cellini, a Cellini prince - even a datejust! Just anything but a bloody submariner....

BTW chazingtime is a good dealer, but not a TD here, so this question would have been better asked next door at RWI, where he's a supporting vendor.

Funny thing is that most people don't know the submariner. Maybe one out of 50. All they see is a steel watch with a huge bezel resembling a cheap icewatch or a G-Shock. If they would look closer they would assume it's a fake (because there are a lot of fakes around and when people think about a rolex they think about a golden luxury watch). If they would assume it's real they would value it at $600 (because it's just metal + the brand). The very few people who know what a submariner is (older men or watchgeeks) would counter with strong envy i.e your boss not giving you a promotion or your business partner not willing to do a deal (because he doesn't want to pay for your waste of money in watches).

I strongly think a golden or half golden datejust or dayjust is what the common people would recognize as a rolex and not assume fake if the gold is real.

The Omega Seamaster looks a bit classier and has a thinner bezel than the Sub but to be honest, nobody (except the watch geeks) knows the other manufacturers like Omega, patek, Tag... . Not even breitling. They will assume it's cheap like citizen/casio/seiko unless it's gold

RepGuy

Im sure you'll last long here :ban1:

black263

Banned, but all the links are still active.