Sign in to follow this  
honeybear

New Patek Nautilus Jumbo (QC photos)

honeybear

Hi, I just received QC photos (from Hont) for a new Jumbo Patek Nautilus, with the decorated gold rotor with display caseback, more accurate date font, and date window location. Let me know if it looks okay, and if the date font looks good.

I believe this is the same watch advertised as the new updated Jumbo Patek Nautilus by Joshua and Andrew, but Hont was able to get it for $360, instead of the $418 which Joshua and Andrew were quoting.

The movement looks like the upgraded one on the Patek Aquanaut replicas, and while it's clearly not a Patek movement, it does look quite nice, and gives an easy way of verifying the movement, which would otherwise be a real pain on Nautilus replicas.

post-29905-0-65542400-1299686508.jpg

post-29905-0-76621500-1299686513.jpg

post-29905-0-49873600-1299686519.jpg

post-29905-0-39911500-1299686523.jpg

prestigewatchco

Looks fine not the same watch as J+A have though head is but band is not. The factory bands on these are really good this looks to have an after market band on it

Member X

I really don't know the details on these, but I agree that the band looks cheaper than the other one available!

gran
this looks to have an after market band on it

How did that happend? why remove the better one whne it is brand new?

honeybear
this looks to have an after market band on it

How did that happend? why remove the better one whne it is brand new?

Hmm, I haven't checked J+A's sites recently, but for the longest time, they did not have this watch with the metal bracelet, and now their site appears to be down. PureTimeWatch also carries the watch:

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/nauti...-edition-sw200/

How does the bracelet from J+A compare to the one above?

honeybear
This is the thread with what I believe to be the best version available (from reg/narikaa):

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=8834

Silverspeed might be able to post pics of the clasp if you ask! :)

Thanks, I can certainly see how the MBK Nautilus has a more refined brushed and polished finish. I assume that's what you mean when you say that this band is cheaper in comparison.

I was just a bit puzzled by the comment that J+A carried a version of this new jumbo Nautilus with a better metal band, since the finishing on the watch head and the band look comparable to my untrained eyes.

I could see how J+A might have had a nicer band on their previous iteration of the Nautilus, which I believe was a replica of the MBK replicas, but perhaps a different factory made those replicas. Indeed, I was a bit puzzled that versions with the metal band took so long to release after the ones with the leather strap, since clearly, they already had a supplier for the metal band for their previous versions of the Jumbo Nautilus. This reinforces my theory about the two being produced by different factories.

Anyhow, the reason why I posted the link to the watch on PureTimeWatch is that I assume that is what is coming directly out of the factory for the new Jumbo Nautilus, so that seemed like the most reasonable comparison.

honeybear

This is a photo from PureTimeWatch's Ultimate Jumbo Nautilus, which shows the difference in the brushed steel quality from the watch head to the metal bracelet, is this what you're referring to in terms of bracelet quality?

I don't mind if it just happens that this particular watch head comes with a lower quality bracelet out of the factory, but I would be a bit miffed if Hont was purchasing just the watch head, and then retrofitting a low quality metal bracelet to the watch.

It just seems to be in the nature of the replica industry that there are tradeoffs between the various models, this is after all why we end up modding our replicas, creating Frankenwatches by either piecing together parts from different replicas, or by incorporating genuine parts. However, there is still some sort of partial ordering of them, and I most certainly would like to know if there was another watch I could get with a better bracelet and the same watch head, straight from the factory.

PP-2011-03-03-01-07_enl.jpg

Edited by honeybear