Sign in to follow this  
GC

Why the huge price difference?

GC

I luv my Breitling Avenger Skyland, but it's a bit flashy to say the least... totally mirror polished, it doesn't go under the radar easily. Now there is a Breitling with the same case size and to boot it's a three hand auto (my preference) called the Avenger Seawolf. What i really like about it is it's totally brushed SS while retaining the case size of the Skyland.

But why the hell does it cost $378 when the Skyland can be had for circa $250... DAMN i say!

KeNnY

the 378USD version has got SWISS ETA no ? I think there is the extra 100USD :kenny: take a look at Breitling Flying - 578USD :)

GC

I know, i know... and yes I'll have some cheese with my whine :kenny:

Silverspeed

Not really a Breitling fan myself but the Seawolf I had was a great rep, very well made

especially the AR on the Seawolf is excellent

IMG_2414kopie.jpg

GC
Not really a Breitling fan myself but the Seawolf I had was a great rep...

Silver...is there a rep you don't own or have owned? :kenny:

pollux1

Why not put it on a leather strap mate? I did this today to my Skyland and it does a good job toning down the bling.

Silverspeed
Not really a Breitling fan myself but the Seawolf I had was a great rep...

Silver...is there a rep you don't own or have owned? :kenny:

:) ....I've had a few, sofar

JohnG
I luv my Breitling Avenger Skyland, but it's a bit flashy to say the least... totally mirror polished, it doesn't go under the radar easily. Now there is a Breitling with the same case size and to boot it's a three hand auto (my preference) called the Avenger Seawolf. What i really like about it is it's totally brushed SS while retaining the case size of the Skyland.

But why the hell does it cost $378 when the Skyland can be had for circa $250... DAMN i say!

That's a lot of money for a non chrono rep, ETA or not...

NFleischer

I think they're made by the same people that made the older 'Swiss Fish-

SOSF' one of the best reps period.

I don't mind paying that for a well made watch with gen ETA or SW movement.They really do approach the gen for 10%. Especially when you think about $500-600 for the HBBB

or APROO's with A7750 that are prone to breakdown.

JohnG

Sure it is a great rep, but they can manutacture and sell them at $250 all day long, but they know the watch is accurate and so they charge more. In other words, they charge that much because people will pay it.

GC
Sure it is a great rep, but they can manutacture and sell them at $250 all day long, but they know the watch is accurate and so they charge more. In other words, they charge that much because people will pay it.

I agree, at $250 it would already be on my wrist... at $378 it's not.

Del

I agree, at $250 it would already be on my wrist... at $378 it's not.

Couldn't agree more...

Member X

I imagine they can make them for a lot less! Otherwise how can dealers afford to re-ship when lost? ;)

MikeMcNair

thi is EXACTLY why i got the titanium version of mine. but now i hate it cause it is SO LIGHT. i tried to get the least bling, and with that comes the least weight :graman:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=12450

tissotman

thats a great looking watch

JohnG

I imagine they can make them for a lot less! Otherwise how can dealers afford to re-ship when lost? :)

Well yeah, they could sell them for even less, but they build in for shipping losses, replacements for DOA's, that sort of thing, and they want to make money... And it could be the factory is the one jacking the price, because no one offers a big price advantage on this watch that I am aware of, all the dealers are in the same ball park... but this watch costs the factory NO MORE to make than the ETA watches they sell for $250 or even less.

It's a bummer because I love that watch too.