Sign in to follow this  
wowsasb

removed but reinstated by the power

Kleen™

...how very revealing a certain train-of-thoughts can be.... :popcorn:

wowsasb

Thanks for the info.

In all honesty I was wondering about this after a post in another thread I started. The post was about how some guy replaced all his gen watches with replicas during a divorce so he gave his wife the replicas.

That didn't seem moral. Funny but not moral.

I WILL STATE ONCE AGAIN, I'm not interested in selling reps as gen since its is totally wrong! I believe strongly that taking advantage of anyone based on their lack of knowledge or anything else if morally repugnant.

That being said thanks for the crucifixion, I'll be careful with my hypotheticals from now on:)

I'm here for the fun of it just like all of you.

We ban people who do things like that. We also ensure that they are banned from other watch fora (gen and rep). Where appropriate we also provide their victims with as much information as we can discover...

Tread carefully - this thread could end badly.

All hot air, i'd do it in a heartbeat. :lol:

Thanks for the humor haha:)

wowsasb
...how very revealing a certain train-of-thoughts can be.... :popcorn:

True. Not in this case though since I was wondering after the story I have already told. Man buys tons of reps to save himself his gens during a divorce. Not me since I'm barely old enough to consider marriage.

wowsasb
The thing to go in a jeweler with a rep and ask them to polish it is not just questionable, but definitively stupid.

If they recognize it is a rep (which I doubt if they are not Pam AD and the rep is a good one) you'll pass for a "poor man" (not in a monetary sense). If they don't and ask you like 100$, which is more or less the cost of that work, you'll not leave the watch there... So what is this for? Which kind of revenge should it be?

Coming to your 1st question: no.

I may eventually sell it with a gain but always as a rep (obviously outside the fora) to someone that wants a rep but doesn't want to gain the knowledge (or simply can't because for instance he doesn't speak English) needed to proceed by his own. But that's another story: that person, on top of the watch, is paying a service (having a rep without any hassle) and the knowledge needed to get it.

I appreciate the genuine response

Kleen™

What has me puzzled is this: If you are already of the conviction that doing something like that is "totally wrong", then why would you feel a need to ask the community for a second opinion...?

wowsasb
What has me puzzled is this: If you are already of the conviction that doing something like that is "totally wrong", then why would you feel a need to ask the community for a second opinion...?

Well you see, after I read about the fellow who bought the reps to give to his soon-to-be divorced wife, I wondered how common that type of morality was on this forum. I realize this was maybe not the best way to go about it...

Kleen™

Well you see, after I read about the fellow who bought the reps to give to his soon-to-be divorced wife, I wondered how common that type of morality was on this forum. I realize this was maybe not the best way to go about it...

Agreed. RWG is packed full of all kinds of bullshitters, but all of them are honest/stand-up guys...the few that are not are very easily identified; They have (or will have) "BANNED" written under their name...;)

wowsasb

Agreed. RWG is packed full of all kinds of bullshitters, but all of them are honest/stand-up guys...the few that are not are very easily identified; They have (or will have) "BANNED" written under their name...;)

Agreed.Hopefully I have clarified.I buy reps because I like watches and could maybe afford one nice gen. Thanks to reps I can sample all of the tastes.

deju

If you're in a dire situation and your only asset is a rep?! That's scary haha.

If you tried to dupe a punter or a pawn shop, you deserve the kicking that you'll receive if found out.

Taking a rep to any Jeweller, is IMNSHO an insult to them and their trade. Unless they were a out of work long standing friend that was cool with reps.

They will be able to call out your Panerai if they handle Swiss watches.

I could call out my Marlin 177 against my Gen so many things are not quite right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wowsasb
If you're in a dire situation and your only asset is a rep?! That's scary haha.

If you tried to dupe a punter or a pawn shop, you deserve the kicking that you'll receive if found out.

Taking a rep to any Jeweller, is IMNSHO an insult to them and their trade. Unless they were a out of work long standing friend that was cool with reps.

They will be able to call out your Panerai if they handle Swiss watches.

I could call out my Marlin 177 against my Gen so many things are not quite right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the genuine response :)

greg_r

We ban people who do things like that. We also ensure that they are banned from other watch fora (gen and rep). Where appropriate we also provide their victims with as much information as we can discover...

Tread carefully - this thread could end badly.

All hot air, i'd do it in a heartbeat. :lol:

Not funny. We don't take much seriously around here, but scammers are the notable exception - we WILL do everything in our power to make their lives miserable, and I don't find it humorous in any fucking way.

Left Coast Guy

OP, maybe back off on starting so many threads and read a bit more first. Seems you've not got the hang of this place yet, and I'd wager if you keep along at the pace you're going, you won't last long here. So sit back a bit and take things in for a while.....will serve you best in the long run.

onzenuub

Stupid noob questions and stupid PBR answers.

BadPickle
:sofa:

tonyh7

Two reasons really:

1) it's stealing and I'm not a thief

2) I have no desire to end up slopping out four to a cell.

Skyranger

I meet a guy, he looks my wrist and says:

- Arghhhhhhhh, nice Rolex, the Polar Explorer, I want the same. Is it very expensive?

No I say, it's a rep. 200/300 $ usually.

- You must be kidding, I see it's a real one!

No, it's a rep. Look gen, but bad quality. I bought it in China.

- You don't tell the truth, this watch is perfect.

OK, give me 5000 $, and it is yours.

ps: fiction

:noway:

Jibuti

to OP: never

I'd rather rob blind 85-years old grannie in a wheel-chair, sounds more moral to me.....

Baldrick
taking advantage of anyone based on their lack of knowledge or anything else if morally repugnant.

Hey !!!..........................I've made a career out of that on here !

wowsasb

Sorry for causing trouble. Didn't anticipate this reaction. Thanks for humbling my overzealous start on a great forum. I think everyone's gotta ask something dumb at least a few times in life...

Stewart

With all due respect, would you buy a watch that you knew had been created using stolen information and specifically been designed to defraud others hard work?

Anyone who has bought a rep falls in to that category...

No reason to throw too many stones at the OP. I'd rather he ask an open question than head to craigslist.

onzenuub
f1b2a018b787cd59893a8e1cbf5e0e21.jpg

wowsasb
With all due respect, would you buy a watch that you knew had been created using stolen information and specifically been designed to defraud others hard work?

Anyone who has bought a rep falls in to that category...

No reason to throw too many stones at the OP. I'd rather he ask an open question than head to craigslist.

Thanks for the defense. Also I guess no one will believe me but I really had no intention of heading to Craigslist. I don't even have boxes or papers for any of my watches...

Jibuti

finally!

throw another goat in and this will B ferpect.

onzenuub

finally!

throw another goat in and this will B ferpect.

hqdefault.jpg

YahButWhy

Holy fuck. :facepalm:

Is this a stupid question? I've learned to ask questions even if they're stupid because I might actually learn something

Well if you don't already know the answer to that question on a personal basis, you should spend a whole bunch of time questioning yourself, your morality, and your place in society. IMO, the mere contemplation shows a character flaw.