Sign in to follow this  
purger72

BP Rolex Day Date Ice blue / SS few thoughts and pictures

purger72
My preference is the smooth bezel version. Saw one on RWI last week and it looked amazing. I was considering getting one but then saw the gen is over $40000 so it will have rep written all over it.

Nobody will notice the difference, only you mate.

Rx4Time
My preference is the smooth bezel version. Saw one on RWI last week and it looked amazing. I was considering getting one but then saw the gen is over $40000 so it will have rep written all over it.

I love the DD, but this and the platinum ice daytona, as beautiful and captivating as they are, would not be anything I could pull off. I'm forced to the sidelines to drool and envy those who have them. OP wear it in good health!

nunu78

I love the DD, but this and the platinum ice daytona, as beautiful and captivating as they are, would not be anything I could pull off. I'm forced to the sidelines to drool and envy those who have them. OP wear it in good health!

+1

purger72

I have to say this about my dd ice blue. Watch it self as it is without comparison with 40000$ gen in platinum is for rep , off outstanding quality. President bracelet is the most comfortable and best looking compared to any other SS braclet a have ever wear . In terms value for money these are absolutely fantastic quality reps, in any combination.

One thing some need to keep in mind these or any other reps are actually REPS not gens.

If you like it buy it and wear it and sell it and buy another. If you that picky than go for gen and sleep restless thinking how actualy close reps have gotten. .... ;) you know where Im coming from.

Rx4Time

I agree that style bracelet is extremely comfortable. I've got one on my Datejust. I am a healthcare professional so I need to be conscious of what I am wearing as I would honestly not want someone to think I had a 40k watch on while at work, nor would I want my friends and non immediate family to think so either. It's not the ones who would ask if it's real, but the patient or friend who would not ask and assume it is real who concerns me. My most expensive rep of a gen would be my Daytona rep. That one the gen runs about 10k and this face in and of itself limits the audience I'll wear it around. As I said, I've drooled over both yours and the ice Daytona and at some point I may end up just getting one and keeping it on a limited rotation like my Daytona..

johnlogan

I can't pull it off as the watch is just too expensive. However I just want to own it and use it on a few occasions. Trusty Time offered 2 x extra links at zero cost. Awaiting QCs

purger72
I can't pull it off as the watch is just too expensive. However I just want to own it and use it on a few occasions. Trusty Time offered 2 x extra links at zero cost. Awaiting QCs

It is nice rep to own. I wear it in rotation with other reps n gens. People dont notice watches as we do so dont worry mate. Post some pictures once you recive your DD

johnlogan

It is nice rep to own. I wear it in rotation with other reps n gens. People dont notice watches as we do so dont worry mate. Post some pictures once you recive your DD

Will do Bro!

Autobot

Is yours a BP?

purger72

Yes it is BP version

Kylepiercekp

Lovely!

Rolex_Man
Yes it is BP version

What does BP stand for?

OP, very nice watch, & like others mentioned.

Mr_B
Yes it is BP version

What does BP stand for?

OP, very nice watch, & like others mentioned.

It's a factory/maker, it might do you good to read some of the new member threads on the homepage also

nuvolablue

Nice write up OP. Mine says hi:

8a961cf74ef298cbbc76eca76c736637.jpg

f7ebbc5e0d005f4ce0e8762b260184bb.jpg

Jjm1016

LOVE THIS, HOW WOULD YOU SAY THE QUALITY IS AS FAR AS THE BRACELET GOES?

Rolex_Man
Nice write up OP. Mine says hi:

8a961cf74ef298cbbc76eca76c736637.jpg

f7ebbc5e0d005f4ce0e8762b260184bb.jpg

I know the weight of the way h is not anywhere near a gen platinim, but how the the color of the stainless steel compare to the gen platinum? Is there anywhere near identical of color of the watch?

Nhrob

I am wearing the exact same model right now, and i love it! Very nice watch. My wrists are 7.5 inches, and i had to have Andrew send me a couple link because right out of the box, i could close it, but it was just too tight and i was worried the bracelet would be stressed over time and fail. Andrew took good care of me. I agree, bracelet has a nice feel to it. It's light, but comfortable. I'm tempted for the brown with rose gold.

I also have the ICE BLUE Platinum DAYTONA with diamond baguettes. It too is a beautiful watch. You must wind it, 20 turns, or it stops randomly. It is a real beauty. Got to get some pics posted.

Plikk
AA7836D4-8832-45AD-BECB-809ED89A5D61_zpsegfzgbmd.jpg

Got the RG now!

Is your still wrapped in plastic?

Love that dial.....almost tempted to buy it and swap dial in to stainless steel case.

Looks great mate.

Nice one! Is that car a Jag perhaps?