purger72

Longines Master Chronograph Moonphase ss

purger72
Ok...I'm caving in...but I'm ONLY BUYING ONE OF THEM, GODDAMMIT!!!

Lol, one only :P ? C'mon its Christmas ;) . Dont forget to put some pictures up mate

Well that's not going to happen, as I have never...not even once...posted a picture....and I never will... ;)

Really... :ttiwwop: ....... :P

epalanb

Ok,

I officially can't take it any more. I gotta get me one of these...

This is the one and it comes in 42mm to.

Are you sure about this? Has anyone actually gotten one of these in 42mm dia? Is there actually a gen that is that size? I know I have seen the 42mm somewhere but in most places it is listed only at 40mm and on the gen site it has it as 40mm. I assumed that it was only available in 40 so I sort of gave up on it. I might get it anyway as it is so nice. I wish I had seen yours earlier when you had it up for sale. I was a bit too late...

Also, where did you get this strap? It looks just great with this one. Is the strap actually black with a blue thread or does the strap have a bluish tint to it as well. Is it croc? Just awsome!!

B6C36510-28BB-4E2E-A4A0-A55F967C971D_zpsyxebzgsc.jpg

Thanks

GenTLe

Yes it is sold by Longines in 40 and 42mm sizes.

The first rep was 40mm (still available), and now there is also a 42mm one.

Look here: http://puretime03.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Master+moonphase the ones released last year January (JFactory) are 40mm, the YLFactory ones released last November are 42.

Note that Angus (Puretime) is not a TD here (he is on RWI anyway).

epalanb

Look here: http://puretime03.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Master+moonphase the ones released last year January (JFactory) are 40mm, the YLFactory ones released last November are 42.....

Thanks!

Any reason to prefer one over the other besides the size? I prefer 42mm but if there was some sort of compelling reason to go with the 40 i would be fine with that too.

GenTLe

Look here: http://puretime03.co...aster+moonphase the ones released last year January (JFactory) are 40mm, the YLFactory ones released last November are 42.....

Thanks!

Any reason to prefer one over the other besides the size? I prefer 42mm but if there was some sort of compelling reason to go with the 40 i would be fine with that too.

Not that I know... I would have got the 42mm too, if it was out when I bought it.

greg_r

Look here: http://puretime03.co...aster+moonphase the ones released last year January (JFactory) are 40mm, the YLFactory ones released last November are 42.....

Thanks!

Nope - exactly the same movement in both.

epalanb

Thanks guys

MDK

Love these, almost bought the gen instead of my Breitling.

Maybe my next purchase, or a speedy

Monkey_Business

I saw this watch in a shop window this weekend - After seeing the price, I could not help but notice that reps only cost a tenth of what this does.

Concidering it - How did the 7751 hold up in the "long" run?

boredpanda
I picked up this one a while back from Gazzla - stunning watch, everything works just like the gen. 3ovQ9U8.jpg

Can't believe this hasn't been on my radar already. Such a low key rep, but stunning!

EDIT:

Anyone knows if the 42mm and 40mm uses the same dial/hands such that the increase in size is only in the case?

Or does it have a separate dial/hand to fit the smaller 40mm case?

gran

I really like Longines. Thank you for the insight on these.

DrGranLongines1.jpg

Nhrob

I know that watchfinder has the 42mm, because i just ordered one. :-)

epalanb

I know that watchfinder has the 42mm, because i just ordered one. :-)

and you haven't posted pics because?????????

backtaro

Just wondering if I like this specific watch, which makers should I go for (Noob, ZF, etc.)? I am new to rep world so my apologize if this is not a good question.

GenTLe

I think just 2 factories did it. One in the 40mm version (the first one to come on the market) and another one with the 42mm version. You just choose the size and the factory will come along.

backtaro
I think just 2 factories did it. One in the 40mm version (the first one to come on the market) and another one with the 42mm version. You just choose the size and the factory will come along.

Is the a much different in term of precision and quality between the two? I found the two size you mentioned but there are some price different so I am wondering if the more expensive one worth it:

42mm

https://puretime03.com/master-moonphase-chronograph-ss-ylf-1-1-best-edition-white-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7751-free-leather-strap.html

40mm

https://puretime03.com/master-moonphase-chronograph-ss-40mm-white-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7751.html

GenTLe

They are both ok.

Remember that specific movement is REALLY complex, so take care...

backtaro
They are both ok. Remember that specific movement is REALLY complex, so take care...

I read that chronograph movement (such as 7751) is far more likely to has issue than the plain one (such as 7750). What should I expect to happen with this watch and what is the proper way to maintain it?

GenTLe
They are both ok. Remember that specific movement is REALLY complex, so take care...

I read that chronograph movement (such as 7751) is far more likely to has issue than the plain one (such as 7750). What should I expect to happen with this watch and what is the proper way to maintain it?

Common sense :) I'd say:

1) don't wear the watch when doing works that produce strong vibrations (like driving a motorcycle or playing tennis/golf for example)

2) keep it far from water

3) don't play with the chrono (check that it work and then forget about it)

4) don't change the date when the watch is showing a time between 9 PM and 3AM (general rule valid for all the mechanical watches: some of them aren't affected, some are, so just use it as a general rule)

5) for very complex movements or for gold plated watches, try not to use them as daily watches. Keep the daily watches simple and done in materials like steel, bronze (but that's a soft material, easy to scratch), titanium (again a easily scratchable material) or ceramic (hard but fragile in case of impacts).

Then it's a matter of luck...

Personally with 7750 I never had dramatic problems, nothing that can't be fixed, but I work in a office and I care for them as if they were genuine...

Sledge

I have the gen version of the Master Chrono Moon Phase but on a stainless bracelet and in the manual it also states not to change the date between 9PM and 3AM.

It is impressive how close the rep is.

Flipper81

Sorry for reigniting an old thread but I have just bought this watch and it’s amazing.

The strap as always is to be desired however I am struggling to adjust the SS Braclet are these false screws or just tight?

Any advice would be great and after I can wear it with a decent leather strap or bracelet I’ll post a little photo shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vicad

Hi mate !

Can you post some pictures?

What diameter is still available 40 or 42?

Thanks

Sorry for reigniting an old thread but I have just bought this watch and it’s amazing.

The strap as always is to be desired however I am struggling to adjust the SS Braclet are these false screws or just tight?

Any advice would be great and after I can wear it with a decent leather strap or bracelet I’ll post a little photo shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi mate !

Can you post some pictures?

What diameter is still available 40 or 42?

Thanks

Flipper81

I got the 40mm one per the gen its insanely good watch and I am having a croc strap made as I enquired about buying a gen strap but its very expensive. Its currently on a hirsch strap. Ill post a pic in a while