Sign in to follow this  
Planemo

Citizen Promaster Aqualand AY5004-04W

Planemo

My brother bought one of these when they came out around 1998 and I thought it was an awesome watch. It was expensive even back then and although highly jealous at the time there was no way I could afford to buy one myself. I always said I would get one and so for the last few years I have been looking around but they are quite a rare beast. Most of what I found were either battered or rather expensive (up to £650 due to being sold as that old chestnut 'vintage').

There were quite a few variations in the model family - black dial, blue dial, lume dial, 1, 2 or 3 subdials but they all carried the same case. I only ever wanted the same as my bro had - the green lume face. He had the single sub dial but I was wasn't fussed on this point.

Finally I managed to find on the Bay a guy selling New Old Stock ones - result! Even then he re-greases all the seals, fits a new strap, new battery and pressure tests. £375 delivered is still a lot of money for an old quartz watch but the memory it brings makes up for that. It's another one off my list and will be a keeper.

I imagine these are like Marmite, but it would be interesting to hear what you guys think :)

Promaster_zps2ongyyrn.jpg

KarmaToBurn

I love it and it means something to you which makes it all the more valuable. Congrats on finding one. I have one of the newer ana-digi models (JP2004) and they are very durable and cool. Whenever I do something rugged it's usually either my G-Shock or my Aqualand that comes with me.