Sign in to follow this  
boneyjr

Submariner review from Marvelous Replicas

boneyjr

I received my Rolex 0004-Submariner 116610LN Black Ceramic Swiss2836 from MR yesterday and, I must admit, I am pleased with the product. I do some minor complaints though. 1) the magnifying glass over the date is not aligned properly -- it is off center a bit. 2) the second hand is not a smooth sweep - it is a bit jerky. is this to be expected with all replicas?

Thanks for your info and i was curious if anyone else has purchased from MR before.

Member X

Can you post a video of the sweep? If you can, make it a full minute as sometimes I have found that the movements are a bit 'sticky' at certain points in their sweep round the face :lol:

The Swiss ETA is likely an old movement salvaged from another watch, therefore it is likely not as well cleaned and oiled as it could be. If you were so inclined, you could get the movement serviced so it was a bit smoother and lasted for several years before needing doing again :tease:

With regards to the cyclops, it is unfortunate but it can happen sometimes. You could have the crystal pressed out and re-pressed into the correct position if you wanted, perhaps while it is being serviced!

Balad1

I'm not sure how MR works, did they send you QC photos and video of the movement being tested?

I think for $228 I would ask them to make it right.