Sign in to follow this  
alw

Question to UPO owners

alw

I have a friend who has the gen and while he´s no watch expert, he still wears the thing daily. Now, if I put an UPO on my wrist and put it side by side with the gen (no lupe stuff involved), would he be able to spot any differences?

prestigewatchco

Time you spend and the money you spend on a franklin just as well buy a used Gen

Once you start spending over $250 on a fake Planet ocean you are loosing the plot

Stops being fun and becomes an obsession

pollux1

Double AR treatment, replace symbol and gen bezel insert are the MINIMUM needed to make the uPO come close.

Ska

Yup what Pollux and Robert said.

HOWEVER. I don't for a second want to detract from the incredible work done by Fine dd. For many a franken's worth is in the fun of modding it.

That one might be expensive but it's damned gorgeous!!!!

pollux1

Even a franken with gen dial, hands and bezel insert + FineDD's AR works out a LOT cheaper than a used gen. Don't forget a Swiss ETA mvt beats slightly smoother than the gen. Added to that it's the fun of the hunt for parts and the feeling that the watch is truly yours. Anyone with the money can walk in and buy a gen but most of em know fuck all about what they're buying.

prestigewatchco

Yes but thats not going to fool anyone the standard out of the box wouldn't

What about He valve/case back these are wrong as well.

And after all that you have a watch that 10 seconds after opening will be obvious as a fake

Not to mention gen bands and endlinks etc. End of the day you are not that far away from a used gen and you still have a $200 rep albeit with some gen parts but a $200 rep none the less

pollux1
Yes but thats not going to fool anyone the standard out of the box wouldn't

What about He valve/case back these are wrong as well.

And after all that you have a watch that 10 seconds after opening will be obvious as a fake

Not to mention gen bands and endlinks etc. End of the day you are not that far away from a used gen and you still have a $200 rep albeit with some gen parts but a $200 rep none the less

True as well Robert, sometimes it's just the fun in the build tbh.

alw

Now I don´t want this to be fun, I want to be obsessed. :D

PreciousTime says that his UPOs come with double AR. Is this just some wordplay?

fine dd

The addictive factor is high :D

I don´t know if all UPOs from PT comes with double AR but this one have the chinese bluish double AR.

prestigewatchco

Very few reps have AR that compares favorably with after market AR

If AR is a biggy for you be prepared to get it redone

alw

Seems it´s not a good idea to wear a rep in the same room with a gen...sticking to Pams for now.

NFleischer

I don't think the UPO should be thought of as 'ultimate'. It's a nice rep, but miles away from the real

deal. To me, the crystal and dial are a give away across the room. I'm in my 50's- can't see happy feet!

Inushuk

@ skathewatch and the other ... thanks ... This Franken is mine and you can follow the projetc here : http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=12067

Yes it is expensive but not as much as the Gen .. :thumbsup2: 1050 euros and I just ordered on top the gen case back for another 140 Euros :)

A bran new gen PO is approx 2550 euros so still a good option ...

Yes you can ask the question : Why don't buy a gen one ... Just I wanted to have a franken based on this watch and I've been "working" on it for the last 3 months ... which was fun...

finding the correct watch, all the pieces, the moder, recieving the parts etc... etc... and I wanted to have not a good franken but the best possible ... The aim is not to pretend to have a gen... but just to have an excellent franken .... And for that : a Big THANKS to fine_dd for the excellent job ... I do not have the watch yet but just looking the picts the result look Great !