Sign in to follow this  
GC

My new Big Crown 6538 NCRich build...

GC

IMG_20161216_100706_zpsb2bvzoak_edit_1481912286198_zps1nzv5jnx.jpg

Just back from my friend NCRich! (Pre moderator status)

Stunning work on the case, movement swap, plexi swap, crown swap, drilling of the lug holes, and bezel bronzing...wow. not only that but he also saved the day and learned how to vintage lume in three days to replace a marker that parted ways. Rich, I am in debt. Humbly in debt.

Now before you ask, yes that is a Bart Cordell gilt dial. Because you can't be the founder of "The Official Big Crown Club" and not have a badass 6538 on the wrist. Bart, I am humbled to have an original "BC" dial for my BC!

Gentlemen, thank you.

p.s. if you ever get the luck/opportunity/chance of picking up a NCRich build... Pounce!

nunu78

Lovely jubbly

NCRich

You're welcome. Looks right at home on that wall. It is a beautiful little piece.

Piccolo

That looks great - really like the old Big Crown and non CG models.

Member X

+1!

KeNnY

Real beauty ! :)

also that Lollipop second hand, wear it in good health buddy ! :)

Genius

Beautiful work indeed! Rich has some mad skills

10:10 Watch Repair

I am expecting his watches will all be put into a blind trust now.

GC
Lovely jubbly
Real beauty ! :)

also that Lollipop second hand, wear it in good health buddy ! :)

Beautiful work indeed! Rich has some mad skills

Many thanks fellas, the kind words are appreciated and deservedly go to Rich and Bart.

I am expecting his watches will all be put into a blind trust now.

Just putting it out there that he might be busier now as a mod, before he gets requests to work on watches.

GC
IMG_20161216_100825_zpsmkyiusvw_edit_1481912469000_zps2bhbehsx.jpg

yllekp

Bart is the Man for dials, tempted to send my HR to him, he really does amazing work.

I really have to know what bracelet you have on there. They look like 80 endlinks on that 7206. If they are where did they come from?

GC

Bart is the Man for dials, tempted to send my HR to him, he really does amazing work.

I really have to know what bracelet you have on there. They look like 80 endlinks on that 7206. If they are where did they come from?

Yeah, Bart makes some stunning dials.

Not 80 end links but 466B on a 62523H18 rivet bracelet. I believe that this is the original bracelet and end links that came from Silix.

yllekp

Not 80 end links but 466B on a 62523H18 rivet bracelet. I believe that this is the original bracelet and end links that came from Silix.

Thank you for this. That bracelet really looks good. I have a bit of a rivet addiction. The unknown is a Cartel I have a new one now. HR told me he is bringing out his own one.

DSC_2111_zpsunlbddqq.jpg

GC

Thank you for this. That bracelet really looks good. I have a bit of a rivet addiction. The unknown is a Cartel I have a new one now. HR told me he is bringing out his own one.

DSC_2111_zpsunlbddqq.jpg

Here is a photo of the clasp, if that help identify it any closer. It might be the unknown one you have?

IMG_20161222_115915_zpsgup0sp2r_edit_1482448068165_zpsrhoplemn.jpg

yllekp

DSC_2111_zpsunlbddqq.jpg

Here is a photo of the clasp, if that help identify it any closer. It might be the unknown one you have?

IMG_20161222_115915_zpsgup0sp2r_edit_1482448068165_zpsrhoplemn.jpg

Thanks again, I know it is a Cartel now for sure as I bought a new one. Your 6538 is a beauty and I love the work done. I had a silix 4 liner but it was too busy. I love the 2 line dials.

kilowattore

That's a beautiful 6538, congrats!

Just a piece of info for @yllekp and his rivet bracelet research: I ordered a dial from rafflestime through his website, and immediately after a branded rivet bracelet from riyi on ebay.

I got them in the same envelope, I suppose riyi and raffles are the same guy?

yllekp

Just a piece of info for @yllekp and his rivet bracelet research: I ordered a dial from rafflestime through his website, and immediately after a branded rivet bracelet from riyi on ebay.

I got them in the same envelope, I suppose riyi and raffles are the same guy?

Thanks Kilo. Interesting a Riyi is $25 a Rafflestime is $60. I do not have a branded Riyi but yes it is very similar to Rafflestime. I have seen the clasps on both and I cannot tell the difference. As a matter of fact I am beginning to think a lot of rivet sellers get them from the same place. The cartel is by far the closest to gen in the price range but the screws are a bugger to get out compared to Riyi/Rafflestime.

GC

Thank you sir, I really am smitten with it. I collect Daytonas and Subs... this one is my favorite Sub bar none, and I have half a dozen.

yllekp

Thank you sir, I really am smitten with it. I collect Daytonas and Subs... this one is my favorite Sub bar none, and I have half a dozen.

Have to say I am really beginning to agree although my 5513 is hard to pass by, but a lot of work done on that. I really like the Bond watches. The Brevet crown on the 6538 really makes it stand out. I am also loving the gilt dial.

Retina

Have to say I am really beginning to agree although my 5513 is hard to pass by, but a lot of work done on that. I really like the Bond watches. The Brevet crown on the 6538 really makes it stand out. I am also loving the gilt dial.

lovely work on the rivet bracelet my friend :) always enjoy your thoughts on it!

the 5513 is a great piece to wear and extremely versatile - more so than the BC imho, it speaks a vintage with modern accents :)