Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Longines Conquest Moonphase Chrono

greg_r

I've been eyeing this one for a looong while. I was seriously considering buying the gen before too much longer, but following purger72's recent thread on his Master Chronograph Moonphase, I decided to jump in with the rep.

This watch is slightly different from the Master Collection Moonphase that others have reviewed in here (most recently purger72 - thanks mate for giving me the push I needed :D ). The movement (A7751) and complications (Day/Date/Month + working moonphase) are the same, but it has silvered hands rather than blue plus a tuxedo dial with batons rather than the Master's guilloche dial with numerals.

Whichever variety you go for, this is an astonishing watch for the dough - very VERY close to gen with all complications working as per the original. My only criticisms are that the supplied rep strap is garbage (I binned it and replaced with a spare croc strap that I already had - I may pick up something else, though) and the deployant, whilst functional, feels a lot flimsier than the gen.

I've been wearing this for the last 4 days straight. Those that know me will realise how rare that is - I think I have a new favourite watch.

Only one pic so far - I'll try to take some more later.

IMG_0738.JPG

Update: A couple more photos

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0741.JPG

Kleen™

Wow!

Seems I have not given enough attention to Longines in the past...this is really beautiful implemention of complications.

anfalas

A beauty indeed :)

Genius

Looks really nice and given that longines aren't stupidly priced to start with could be worth springing for a gen strap and deployant to finish it off

Del

Very nice indeed. :thumbsup2:

And I love that the complications all work as per the gen - superb!

NCRich

Very nice!

thermalboyz

congrats, this model is one of my go to GEN list and was very tempted early this year AD had a massive discount (if i remember was like 30% - 40%).

Pls share some more review and feedback and appreciate you efford doing so. Enjoy!!!

Moondustesp

Does look very very nice. Be sure to add more pics :)

Flipper81

This one has tipped me over the edge I didn't know this alternative design was there. Can I be cheeky and ask which TD this came from as I do need this watch.

Longines have some stunning watches

Cubic Hare

Very nice. Are they 40 or 42mm?

Cheers

purger72

I've been eyeing this one for a looong while. I was seriously considering buying the gen before too much longer, but following purger72's recent thread on his Master Chronograph Moonphase, I decided to jump in with the rep.

This watch is slightly different from the Master Collection Moonphase that others have reviewed in here (most recently purger72 - thanks mate for giving me the push I needed :D ). The movement (A7751) and complications (Day/Date/Month + working moonphase) are the same, but it has silvered hands rather than blue plus a tuxedo dial with batons rather than the Master's guilloche dial with numerals.

Whichever variety you go for, this is an astonishing watch for the dough - very VERY close to gen with all complications working as per the original. My only criticisms are that the supplied rep strap is garbage (I binned it and replaced with a spare croc strap that I already had - I may pick up something else, though) and the deployant, whilst functional, feels a lot flimsier than the gen.

I've been wearing this for the last 4 days straight. Those that know me will realise how rare that is - I think I have a new favourite watch.

Only one pic so far - I'll try to take some more later.

IMG_0738.JPG

You welcome mate :)

Looks great in this version with silver hands and tuxedo dial. Agree on strap being shit but looks great on good croc . .. It is lots of watch for the money compared to other reps in same price range, really well made.

Cheers

It is available in 40mm and 42mm same as gen are.

greg_r

This one has tipped me over the edge I didn't know this alternative design was there. Can I be cheeky and ask which TD this came from as I do need this watch.

Longines have some stunning watches

Mine came from Marvellous Replica

Cheers

This one is the 40mm version. There's a 42mm variant available too.